5.0 out of 5 stars I purchased both !
Published on April 12, 2010 by Joel L. Davies

3.0 out of 5 stars Comes in handy in a pinch
Published on June 20, 2011 by Laura

3.0 out of 5 stars Comes in handy in a pinch, June 20, 2011
Laura (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Duracell Powerhouse USB Charger with Lithium ion battery / includes universal cable with USB and mini USB, (Health and Beauty)
The packaging for this charger indicated 1.2x full charge for an Android phone. I have a Motorola Droid. When the phone was on, the portable charger charged the phone to 60% with 2 basic apps running (email, keyboard). When I turned the phone off, the portable charger charged the phone to 90%. In both instances, the phone battery started at less than 5% charged. Now clearly, I never got a full charge from this portable charger, but it certainly comes in handy when you want to take those last few pictures or you need that GPS on your phone to work for at least another 30 minutes. And it came in really handy when the rental car didn't have a plug to plug-in the car cell phone charger.

The trick to remember is, to always bring the USB cord that comes with your phone so you can actually plug the phone into the portable charger!!

For the price, I say it's a decent value. The packaging is a bit misleading, but I'm certainly glad that I have it.

I just wish that the portable charger could be re-charged with a plug-in wall attachment. There was an instance, when I wasn't around a computer to plug in the USB cord for the charger and I hadn't brought the "standard" plug-in wall charger that comes with the phone with me. All I had was the portable charger and the USB cord and no power source that would work... But it simply means, I have to plan better next time and bring everything with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I purchased both !, April 12, 2010
The smaller of the two is OK in a pinch, but the Powerhouse charges my Zen X-Fi2 or my Motorola Cell Phone more than twice as fast. From empty, it charged my Motorola i425 in TEN MINUTES, four times and it still had juice to spare. I was able to recharge my Zen X-Fi2 twice, and could have charged it more. I didn't have enough time to empty the player and recharge it to find out just how many. But it was obvious to me that it was going to meet the needs I bought it for. It took more than twice as long for the pocket unit to charge my phone, and did so only once.
If you are buying one of these, I'd suggest the Powerhouse over any other.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, but doesnt always get the job done, October 11, 2011
Doesn't really charge my ATRIX, works on my ipod touch though , I always have it in my bag in case I need a lil bit charge for the rest of the day

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Droid-X, July 15, 2011
Bought this because I was looking for a portable solution for my Droid-X. I like to use the gps tracking apps while doing stuff, and my Droid runs out of battery at about the 4.5 hour mark. I have a hike coming up that will be 6-8 hours. Bought this thing and charged it, then hooked up my Droid at a little less than half-charge to see how it would work. Charged the phone to full fairly quickly with no issues whatsoever. I'll come back and edit this review if I have any issues, but so far it looks good.

EDIT: I've used this a few times with my Droid-X and it is excellent. I highly recommend it if you need a portable power solution for yours. I'm using a right-angle micro-USB to USB cable with it and would recommend the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 23, 2011
I purchased this a while back for my Iphone 3gs. I am so in love with this product. It charges my iphone 1.5 times its battery. What I love the most is being able to stream radio and charge at the same time. This little thing charges pretty fast too. The size is shorter than the iphone, about the same width but thicker depthwise. Perfect for a pocket. I recommend this for any iphone 3gs(or lower) user. I'm not sure how well it'll charge the 4g. I can only hope Duracell comes out with an upgraded version with a higher capacity later.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a relief, May 21, 2011
I bought this product because I have an EVO phone and didn't want to purchase the extended battery since it would weigh down my phone. I recently changed positions at work, which means I can't charge my phone like before; so my fiancee recommended that I purchase this. I love it. It fits in my drawer at work, no one knows if I'm charging my phone. I don't have to use it everyday, so the original charge lasts me a full week. I bring it home on Friday to recharge it for another week. I also love the size because on the weekends I carry it in my purse and it's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, August 15, 2011
BrianJ (Evergreen, CO USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this to recharge my Garmin GPS cycling computer for long road rides. Since the Garmin only lasts 5-6 hours, for longer days in the saddle, or multiday tours, I'm able to connect it to the USB and it is small and light enough to park the charger in my top tube bag. It charges the unit in about 2 hours, even while the GPS is in use, and I'm able to recharge the GPS 3 times from this device before a reload. Perfect!

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact power source, July 27, 2011
Richard and Lisbet Hencke (Ingleside on the Bay, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
I use this product as a second battery while on long trips. I hate skulking around airports looking for power outlets. Most are already taken by 15 year-olds who simply can't survive 5 minutes without texting somebody. Doesn't quite fully charge up my Samsung Epic smartphone but it does give me several more hours of heavy usage. Small, lightweight, perfect for what I need. For 20 bucks, much cheaper than a spare battery.

Complaints are minimal - on/off button is recessed into the body but not completely protected so I am always careful how I cram it into my backpack so as not to unintentionally turn it on un. Also, there is no meter to gauge how much power you have left. I think it just shuts off when it is no mas. I would recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for Motorolla Droid X or HTC Evo Shift. Do not buy from PlatinumBuys, December 29, 2011
I bought the Duracell Powerhouse USB Charger a few weeks ago, and tried charging my two phones with it. It charged my Droid X to about 60% from 0% charge. The phone was on while charging. Next time I charged it from 0% to 70%, this time the phone was off the whole time. It did slightly better with an HTC Evo Shift, but I was never able to obtain a full charge. It also seems to charge much slower than a regular charger. I was hoping this product would be helpful on trips around the city or outdoors where I don't have access to a car charger or a power outlet for prolonged periods of time. But considering how slow it is to charge a phone and the fact that it provides only about half a charge - it is useless. I will be returning it and looking for alternatives. I have tried an iGo Charge Anywhere PS00273-0001 charger in the past but it was not able to fully charge these two phones either.

Update: The seller - Platinum Buys - refuses to give a refund. They have been very rude and difficult to deal with. On the other hand Amazon's claim service is great and assured me I would get a full refund from them. I will never buy from Platinum Buys again and would urge others to do the same.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not charge devices, November 11, 2011
I got this based on the good reviews. Charged it up. I have found that every time I try to charge a device with it, it shuts itself back off within seconds to a minute or so and does not charge the device.