Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Size: 9VChange

on May 3, 2012
For the record, the ONLY difference between Procell and Coppertops is packaging and marketing. They are the same battery otherwise, spec for spec, graph per graph... look them up.

Procell batteries are aimed at "professionals" who don't need retail packaging. Only Coppertops come in blister packs that can be hung on store shelves. Procell batteries come in bulk packaging for easy use, distribution and access.

All this aside, they are great batteries. My warning to online buyers is that you don't know how old your batteries are. These batteries have a 7 year shelf life, quoted from the Duracell website:
"Procell batteries deliver outstanding performance with a 7-year freshness guarantee backed up with date coding."
Knowning that, I would really like most of that life to be on my shelf, not the store/warehouse. I received batteries on 5-1-2012, they are date marked to be good til 2015. That means my batteries have been sitting around for 4 years. Knowing I'd like to get at least 1 year life out of the batteries I should really use them by 2014. That shouldn't be hard since this house has at least 10 smoke detectors. But just be warned if you are buying in bulk and check the date upon arrival. I appreciate sellers that list the expiration date. Beware of really low prices, as they may have batteries with only a year or so left.

Hope some of this clears up the misinformation out there.

Before you buy, check out this product and see if its a better price... it is the same thing: DURACELL 9 Volt PROCELL Professional Alkaline Battery, Pack of 12
66 comments316 of 317 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2013
The Seller was MP Direct. Please avoid buying from MP Direct at all costs. I got only 10 batteries instead of 12 and the batteries were 4 years old. The package was open and he had not even attempted to try and tape it shut.
11 comment93 of 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2013
I used these batteries in smoke detector. Within a week two of the smoke detectors started beeping due to low battery. It has never happend before. I did end up buying new batteries.
Sellers were not helpful. I will have to pay return shipping charges, and they were not sure about refund.
I will not buy batteries from this seller again.
44 comments60 of 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2013
10 of the 12 batteries I received did not work. I put them in my cabinet and didn't open them until after the return period so was unable to exchange or get a refund. Do not buy this product.
44 comments36 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2013
I use these batteries for acoustic guitars and guitar accessories. We go through quite a few batteries, so it's great to find a 12 pack of 9 volts. Problem is - at least two of the batteries were almost dead. I installed one in my guitar, and had to replace it immediately. I used another in a wireless microphone and it was nearly dead as well.

Great packaging and price, but the batteries themselves have either been sitting too long or are not very good. I'll purchase something else next time.
33 comments44 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2013
Placed in smoke alarms and almost all were bad! Dates say they should be good, but they must have sat for long time or just be bad quality!
11 comment37 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2015
I'm pretty happy with these batteries so far. I have not load tested a full cycle yet but expect them to live up to Duracell's decent quality. The batteries came packaged well. The anode/cathode on each battery was covered with a small plastic cap. I bought these batteries from Amazon in early April 2015 and they all say "Use Before March 2019". A four year shelf life is acceptable in my use case. I tested each battery on my multimeter right when I got them and they were all at 9.70V (no load).

I found the data sheet for these batteries here: http://media.professional.duracell.com/downloads/datasheets/product/Industrial/ID_9V_ID1604.pdf
review image
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 27, 2012
Buying batteries online is always a risk you will get a box with a short shelf life. Whilst your battery shelf life may vary, we found ours had almost 3 years on them. So typically this seller is not selling almost out of date stock.
The batteries have protective plastic caps on the tops.

You can argue the world over about how good one brand is compared to another, a lot depends on the device you are using them in. Some batteries are better suited to continuos low usage (like a smoke detector) whilst others are better suited to high drain short burst usage (like a remote control). These seem to be a good all round battery.
0Comment40 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2013
I ordered these batteries because I thought they would be a good deal, but needless to say I don't think 8 months of shelf life is a good deal. They would be out before a year for fire detectors. That's a dangerous hazard!!
33 comments30 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2015
I purchased a pack of 12 of these batteries and recently was going through and replacing smoke detector batteries to only find that despite the future so-called expiration date, most of these batteries were found to be useless. I even found that using simply store bought commercial ones with an expiration date of prior 2013-2014 they held a charge better than these. What a waste of money since the box was stored at room temperature and proved not reliable at all. Caveat emptor! I'll never buy these again and wonder if even worthy of buying any batteries from Amazon again. Brand issue? No...I doubt it. I had store bought batteries that were expired that still worked fine. Where manufactured an issue? No, these were labeled made in the USA. I don't know if it has to do with quality control or mislabeled shelf life dates or what...but truly a disappointment and what to do but throw the remainder of the box out despite the shelf life two plus years out and worthless.
11 comment9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse