5.0 out of 5 stars Save money, stop throwing alkalines into the garbage
Rechargeable batteries have gotten a bad rap in the past, with older nicad technology that was more trouble to use with their memory effect and low amperage. They just didn't last as long, or were not easy to use.
Published on April 7, 2003 by John Louie

As many other reviewers noted, this has the wrong picture and description. Picture is of 2650 mAh; product description includes the newer "Duralock" branding. The product shipped is 2450 mAh and has the older non-Duralock branding.
Published 21 months ago by Lucifer Satan 666

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong item pictured and described. It's 2450mAh instead of 2650., November 28, 2012
This review is from: Duracell Rechargeable AA Batteries 4 Count (Packaging May Vary) (Health and Beauty)

5.0 out of 5 stars Save money, stop throwing alkalines into the garbage, April 7, 2003
John Louie (New York, New York United States) - See all my reviews
Now with NiMH rechargeables and more sophisticated chargers, it's a no brainer to convert over to this newer technology. High drain devices like digital cameras are a great example of where NiMH really shine. I take picture after picture with flash and review photos on the built in LCD and I don't worry about these duracells running out. 1,800 milliamps will last a long time.
For trips/outings where I'll be taking hundreds of shots, I just get an extra set that I can charge and have ready. No more wasting money on disposable batteries! Some travel chargers are really small, and you don't have to wait for it to charge overnight anymore, they charge in a few hours now.
For other devices that use AAA's like FRS radios, the smaller version of these duracells will take a beating and you will save lots of money compared to buying disposable batteries.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, January 4, 2013
This advertises 2650 batteries, even has them pictured, but 2450 batteries were delivered to my house. False advertisement ... very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars They are not 2650 mAh, January 18, 2013
D. Thompson (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Putting "Packaging May Vary" in the title is not good enough. You will never get the 2650 mAh battery your looking for from this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars They seem to last forever., July 31, 2003
I used these to replace the batteries for my Archos Jukebox mp3 player. They last about 2.5 hours longer than the batteries it came with and recharge in my jukebox without any problems.
These batteries come CHARGED (some don't).

1.0 out of 5 stars review of duracell rechargeable AA batteries, February 8, 2013
When I view this item on line it was advertised as duracell rechargeable AA batteries with Duralock even though the photo did not show duralock.

The item received does not indicate "Duralock" anywhere on the packaging or the product. When I go to the Duracell site their batteries with duralock are clearly marked on the product.

I feel that I paid a preminum price for a duralock battery and got Duracell standard battery.

Next time I will purchase else where.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip off, February 21, 2012
Ordered this from "Best Deal Supply" and what i got was nothing similar to this picture batteries came with some bulk transparent package that was broken anyway. And they dont even look like the ones on picture. Product completely different from whats shown on picture probably made in china.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I ordered, March 14, 2013
I did receive Duracell batteries, but I received 4 year old "regular" rechargeable batteries.
Not "Duralock" and not 300x... (the included receipt does say Duralock & 300x)
I am charging them now, I suppose they will work, but not what is advertised & not what I paid for.
Not worth calling/complaining to Amazon, but thought people should know they are not sending what they say they will.
I have spent over $4000 in the last three months on Amazon, I would hate to think $12 batteries would make me take my business elsewhere...

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Rechargable Batteries: Absolute Garbage., December 21, 2013
We have purchased these by the case at our institution and they are all garbage. They become useless in a very short period of time. We have used Energizer and several varieties of Rayovac and both are much, much better. I cannot understand the high ratings for these batteries unless they are from people who just got them. They are O.K. for a very short period of time but become useless and won't hold a charge soon after.

Take it from someone who has probably thrown more of these away than most people will ever buy. Look elsewhere.

I thought I might add that our organization buys 16-packs of these for about $~8.50. That should give you an idea of how much we are being gouged as consumers for being environmentally conscientious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't recomend enough for heavy use devices, October 6, 2011
Got a second set just a few days ago.
First set is excellent, they seem to perform far beyond their spec. I use them in external flash for photography and they last aaaa llooot longer then any battery that I've ever used (excluding non-rechargeable Duracell), used them for over 8 months too ... charged at least once a week, they still seem to go strong (though I rarely fully drain them, that's usually good to keep the battery in shape).

Used Energizer as well ... but they didn't seem to last as long (granted only used one kind and tried a few Duracells before settling on these).

Also, I don't use Duracell charger, it's some crappy no name charger that came with some other crappy no name batteries I started with, but they don't last long enough in photo flashes, so I retired them.

I'm not going to talk about benefits of rechargeable, if you haven't gotten on board with using rechargeable, get over it, single use batteries are so 1990s ...

Rate and Discover Movies