Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Duracell Duracell 64 GB USB Flash Drives (DU-Z64GCAN3-R)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Capacity: 64 GB|Change

on May 2, 2011
Purchased TWO of these Duracel,16GB, USB Flash Drives built by DANE-ELEC USA with a 5 year warranty. Previously bought a 8gb black flash drive also by DANE-ELEC. I am very impressed with these flash drives, they load and transfer FAST enough for me without any scientific measurements. They come pre-formatted with FAT32 and my computer(WIN7)reconized them instantly. They come with a capless design that slides the plastic cap back to expose the USB male plug connector. Unless you use vise grips or a sledge hammer to smash these drives to see if they can take the abuse, they should serve many long years of everyday use. A rubbery coating on the hard plastic shell protects these units and have a key chain hole at the end. When plugged in a tiny green blinking light is activated. I always use the "safe to remove" eject procedure to disconnect from my computer, and always carefull not to bend or push hard on the usb plug connector. Other than coffee, these DURACEL (DANE-ELEC)16GB, usb flash drive does a SUPER JOB at what a flash drive is supposed to do and nothing else, and is redi-boost capable. No, these flash drive won't make coffee and toast but they probably could, they're that good, another great solid built product. Got them with free USPS shipping too, along with a sample jar of jelly. THANK YOU AMAZON ONCE AGAIN for a great genuine product and great service!!!
on March 27, 2012
You see that hole? It doesn't break! Most other USB drives are hard plastic and the metal key chain ring will wear it out over time and if you have important client/legal data say goodbye they are gone somewhere on the streets! This one? Never! I hooked this to my key chain and use it EVERYDAY. Strong like off road tires!
review image
on May 17, 2011
For the price, I think it is a great bargain. When I received it, it wasn't so obvious how to "open" it for connecting it to the USB port. But I found out (by sliding the cover). It has a large capacity, great for my many pictures.
on May 4, 2012
I've wasted money on what turned out to be junk flash drives that looked attractive in price and storage space. And I bought them here in Amazon. One was Transcend 16GB back in 2009. Another was a never-heard-of brand touting 64GB. After two or three months, the Transcend crapped out. Couldn't read or write from or to it. And I had important files saved on it.

In contrast, this Duracell 16GB I bought in 2010 still works like a charm. No failures at all. No unneeded software like those you find in SanDisk. Folks, the key to buying a great flash drive is the QUALITY that comes with a BRAND name. Duracell is brand name and they really stand for QUALITY! Need I say more?
on April 24, 2012
While not password protected (which it doesn't advertise being) it is one great little flash drive. It loaded up 16GB in just under a half an hour....I was amazed to say the least. Operates just fine and appears to have no short comings. It seems well built...but having owned cap units I suspect some time in the future the process of opening and clicking quality will degrade, just like all the capped units I own.

I would, with out question, definitely recommend it to my friends.
on August 16, 2012
Thank you so much, I really love using the usb drives, they are so nice and easy to use and I do not need to worry about losing the top part because of the amazing sliding in and out.
Works great, very reliable, I would definitely recommend it to anyone!
Thanks so much,
aga
on March 2, 2013
UPDATE: Original review written March 2, 2013. Today, Feb 2, 2014, is the update.

Both of my original flash drives still work without a problem. No lost data, no error messages, insert or removal problems or errors, no driver problems. Outstanding quality for as hard as I am on flash drives. Exactly 11 months today since I bought these; 11 months of hard duty, some harsh treatment, and one with daily additions, removals, changes, and/or copies/moves. Am buying more. Best durability and reliability I have had in any flash drive brand.

ORIGINAL REVIEW BELOW
--------------
This product gives new meaning to the word "durable."

Both flash drives withstood living in my front and back pockets for a month, having been sat on several times. One was pinched in the recliner's steel movement mechanism, and one was driven over with the minivan (unsure if it was the same one or not). The one driven over actually fell out of my hand; it never fell out of my pocket due to its black rubber-like material rubbing enough to cause friction.

The frame protected the USB connector so well that you cannot see a bend when carefully looking at it. No data was lost, already defragged one of them from extensive daily usage. For each flash dirve, I use half the GB storage for readily available longer-term storage. Together, the "twins" backup all my critical data and are with me at all times.

You can feel the strong stiff frame (probably metal inside). The copper-colored section is lightweight aluminum; I can't determine if the black ends really have rubber in them. The black ends seem to "grab" onto a table's surface, and neither drive slides as easily across a table as the cheaper flash drives with rectangular slick-plastic covers.

To see he USB plug, you push the longer black end (with the white writing) toward the center.

Neither drive has broken yet. It makes me wonder how long it would take if I TRIED to break one of them. Deifnitely worth the money.

I bought two, knowing I am "hard" on flash drives. Typically I buy a new one every two months.

FYI, seller replied to my email inquiry almost immediatley and gave outstanding customer service (unrelated to product's endurance).
on November 18, 2012
I was on Amazon searching for a flash drive that I can use that's well made, durable and had a proven name of success. Well this is it. I love the fact that it's capless because I have a problem of sitting the caps of flash drives down somewhere only to tear the place up trying to find them afterwards. I grew weary of this and immediately jumped on this because I wouldn't have to worry about the caps getting lost any longer. Now all I have to do is slide the cap up and down on this. I love it. I should have purchased this sooner. I have this attached to my keychain at work and I use it as often as I need it. All I did was plug it in and I was immediately copying my files on it. Wherever I go, my flash drive goes. This was a great investment and I hope it holds out.

I will update if I run into any problems with this. But so far, so good.
on April 13, 2012
I own several types of thumb drives and have used many more. After using the 8Gb Duracell thumb drive for a couple years I went looking for the 16Gb version when I needed more capacity. One of the few kinds that easily accepts a split ring for a lanyard. Nice size and shape in the pocket. Rubberized surface is non slippery without being too sticky. The cover clicks in place with just the right amount of effort, even after 2 years of daily use.
on December 17, 2011
I love not having to worry about loosing the cap.
Speed is pretty good. none of the flash drives ever have the full space listed
It's a drive thing.
It is a little bigger than some but probably due to the rugged case.
I keep them on my key chain, working as a tech it holds valuable test tools.
Okay so I've had it about a year and just to follow up I say back it up.
Mine just died. Keep in mind I am an IT tech and use it daily.
Still it was a brave little drive and gave it's life in the line of duty.
I use my portable drives alot more than most folks. A whole lot more.
So just be safe and back up the drive you never know what could happen.
I still say this drive was much better than most I've had and the capless case is great.