Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now DOTD

Size: AAAUnit Count: 16Change

on April 22, 2013
I don't know what they think they are selling here, or whether they have a quality control issue, but these were definitely not worth the money. I use a lot of AA batteries and am always on the lookout for ones that will last longer, or better yet, be rechargeable. I have some wireless transmitters which eat up batteries and it is sometimes inconvenient to change them. I am forced to use lithium batteries, which are pretty expensive and a disposal hazard. A AA lithium will last about six hours in my transmitter. I try to use rechargeables when I can, but they last only about three and a half or four hours: About the same as a regular alkaline. I was hoping to get four or five hours out of this "Ultra Power" cell. I got less than two and a half. A big waste of money. And calling the customer service was a big waste of time. The operator (not a technical service provider) just said "Well, they were designed for cameras" Thanks.
on May 27, 2012
I bought the Duracell Ultra Power AA Batteries, 16 Count package from Amazon, after reading the positive reviews. I did not open the pack until after the 30 day return period (we still had a few AAs at home). Disappointed to find that the batteries dont work...I tried the tester on about 6 of them (knowing well that the true test is a functioning gadget once the battery is installed) only to find that none of them lit up. Even though the expiration date is May 2018.
Went to Costco and bought the Kirkland AA Alkaline ( that dont have the tester) and just about each one has worked well, so far!
If I find the time, I might contact Duracell to see if they will honor their freshness guarantee!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 13, 2012 is the #1 retailer in the world for a reason... Awesome customer satisfaction, excellent business plan, great products, amazing prices, etc... As we all know, Amazon has expanded their business to allow 3rd parties to sell their products on Amazon's website for some time now. With this expansion, they allow 3rd party businesses to either 1) use Amazon as a storefront but the seller keeps/ships their own stock or 2) they use Amazon as a storefront AND Amazon holds the business' product in an AMAZON warehouse.

As a consumer, you have to be cautious when businesses that want to sell on Amazon opt to use option #1 simply because of the fact that how they obtain their product can vary. This especially matters when you deal with products that have expiration dates. Ever been to a flea market? For those of you that have, many of you know that various merchants at flea markets can obtain their stock through closeouts, business closings, clearance, etc. And much of that stock, especially when dealing with consumables, have expiration dates that are either upcoming or already expired. In the case of batteries, we all know they have expiration dates and it's a glaring concern that when you buy things like batteries, you have to be concerned about how fresh they are and if they aren't, how much longer they will last. There are many reviews on Amazon of people complaining about "bad batteries" but because multiple sellers (including Amazon) can sell the same battery the reviews are all clumped under the same product.

Being an Amazon Prime member, I always try & find a product that is eligible for Prime shipping. Sometimes Prime items don't always have the best price, but it guarantees you a fast shipping date and a fulfillment by Amazon that we Amazon customers all love. But a smart consumer will also follow the rule that without sufficient evidence, if a price is too good to be true, then it likely is.

In the case of these batteries Duracell Ultra Power AA Batteries, 16 Count, I ended up paying $10.95 vs the other seller's price of $4.99 (but they also had 4.99 shipping), which made them the same price. Since the price was nearly the same I gained a peace of mind (no flea market stock), excellent returns policy, and the opportunity to take advantage of Prime shipping by buying from Amazon as a seller.

Most Duracell retail battery packaging now states that it's "Guaranteed Fresh" for 7 years. Some Duracell packaging even has a production stamp of when it was manufactured. If it's not, a good way to calculate of when the battery was made was take the year date that's on the battery itself and subtract 7 years. That's what year your battery was made. Obviously the closer the date is to the year expiration date on the battery, the less "fresh" it is. But in my case, these batteries have a production timestamp of 10/31/2011... which means it was made fairly recently. Testing a couple of these puppies in my battery tester as well as the built in charge tester on the Duracell Ultra Power batteries at home shows that they have a nice full charge!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2013
My sister bought me a digital camera and when I put the batteries in, I literally took 3 shots, changed some settings and viewed my pictures and the battery juice was all but gone. Duracell is a top of the line battery (usually). Maybe the camera guzzles juice. I don't know. I was shocked at how fast the battery power went dead.
on February 6, 2012
after trying so many batteries in my life i'm ready to call this the last one you will ever want to try.
those are really the best and long lasting batteries that Duracell ever made.
the internal tester is also an awesome feature in order to check if you still have some juice inside.
on December 24, 2011
on December 4, 2012
I use this battery in my digital camera and have been very pleased with its' staying power. As far as I am concerned, I don't have to change the batteries as often. I can't really say it is easy to read the amount of power remaining, that isn't great, but I do believe the battery is a longer lasting variety.
on May 31, 2013
Long life for a disposable battery; batteries inherently suck, but these are the least suckiest I've used. I recommend them.
on September 19, 2013
I got a great deal on these batteries which always seemed to be needed when you have none. Then I buy double A's also - now I figure I will always have them available ... then lately I noticed when something "dies" due to battery failure --- the thing NOW uses watch batteries!!! Or some type of disc or nicad .... to me the major brands are the best -- generic batteries seem to cost more in the long run since you have to replace them more often. The main brands seem to act the same, none better than another - but I will not buy generic batteries.
on December 11, 2012
They are little nuggets of power. So far they've been able to power everything that I've stuck them in and that required AA batteries. No problems with shipping or packaging. Overall happy but I realized that I may not even need 8. Everything seems to be going the way of rechargeable these days. Still having a backup is nice.