5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great and provides plenty of warmth
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:20 Mins
First, please understand that the crackling sound in my video is NOT produced by the Duraflame unit, it's a recording. The Duraflame Electric fireplace insert is a perfect solution for those who enjoy the ambience and warmth of a fireplace or Franklin stove but wish to avoid the negatives of wood fires. First, I chose to purchase this product for...
Published on December 31, 2011 by MJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Uses a lot of power
I like this better than burning wood. It is not perfect, however. First, my fireplace is smallish, and this barely fits. Despite what other reviews say, it does not have a "crackle" sound. It does look fake, but after a few minutes you forget that it is. If you have the heat function on, it is very efficient at heating. It does, however, cause problems. It shorted...
Published on February 10, 2012 by Valerie Mcgee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 553 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, December 20, 2012
Blanche K. Ostrander "bko1234" (Shadyside, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Duraflame DFI020ARU-A004 Electric Fireplace Insert w/ Heater (Misc.)
I did a lot of research on electric fireplace inserts before selecting this one. I was impressed with the many positive reviews this one received. Others were rated high also, but this one had the most positive reviews. I am so glad I got this one! I like how the fire effect reflects on the back of the fireplace and not on some mirror. It is very realistic and the heater makes the room nice and toasty. The blower doesn't make any more noise than any other fan or blower would. Sometimes I have to listen closely just to make sure I've turned it off! Love the various functions on the remote. Other units had remotes that just turned it on or off. This one lets you adjust the intensity of the flames/embers and also lets you turn the heater on or off while leaving the "fire" on. My son installed a plug in the wall of the fireplace and connected it directly to the circuit breaker so I have no problems with overloading when other electrical appliances are on. It looks great, works great, and is a wonderful product for the money. Would highly recommend this unit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Noisy, December 6, 2011
We bought this for a nonfunctional fireplace to add ambiance. The flame effect was nice enough, but there is a motor that rotates to make the flame effect and it was quite noisy. Since we bought this to enjoy while reading or conversing, it was too noisy for the purpose and we sent it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll look twice to see if it's real or not, December 12, 2013
This is my second purchase. It's the next best thing to a real fire. It takes the chill out of the room and creates a perfect ambience. Buying it through Amazon was half the price of the store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks real and works great!!!, November 8, 2013
Since I have a real fireplace, I must say that I was skeptical about this purchase. But I decided to order it anyway because I'm getting tired of hauling in firewood and I don't like the smell of smoke. Well let me tell ya......this is beautiful when lit and gives off a pretty good amount of heat too. I wish our room as a little smaller though (it's 16x20) so it takes a while to warm up. For a smaller room, it would work great because when I put my hand where the heat comes out...it's really warm!! The logs are not fake looking either and there are even "fake flames" that come out from the back side so it looks pretty darn real in my fireplace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Duraflame electric fireplace logs, February 13, 2013
We love it! Really warns up our large living room quickly. We sealed off our wood burning fireplace to conserve energy (heat escaping out) and replaced it with Duraflame. Very realistic looking, comes with remote control. Plus, we got an amazing deal on Amazon! Hint: to maximize heat out into living room, husband elevated on a couple of bricks. Very, very happy with this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice log set!, May 16, 2012
I chose the Duraflame log insert because I like that the flames project directly on the back of the fireplace. I considered the Dimplex and Classicflame inserts, but did not like that they had a back for the flames to project onto. I think the logs are very pretty while turned on. The flames are not super realistic, but I still think they are pretty. I had to raise the unit up on bricks or the heater kept going on and off. I also played with the placement of the unit in the fireplace. The closer to the back of the fireplace, the smaller the flame. I like that you can adjust the brightness of the flame/logs. You can even pause the logs so that they flicker or don't flicker depending on what you like. Overall, I am very pleased with the Duraflame 20" log insert.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replica Fireplace, March 13, 2012
Carol "lynreys" (Peoria, Azerbaijan) - See all my reviews
Since a neighbor recently burned down their home using their wood burning fireplace I have been fearful to use mine. I bought the duraflame electric log replica fireplace and absolutely love it.
It puts out enough heat to take the chill off the room and I turn off the lights and just relax looking at the beautiful flame effect. I have recommended to others that bought one too and they are just as happy,

5.0 out of 5 stars Duraflame 20" Electric Fireplace, March 11, 2012
Wow! The pictures don't do this insert justice. We have a house (built 10 years ago) with a custom stone corner fireplace in our living room. After having other houses with fire places we decided to not use wood in this one but set it up for propane (natural gas not available here). About 3 years later (busy with other building projects)we installed a custom grate, logs etc which gave it a very natural look - we just didn't hook up the propane. While recently visiting a boat and rv show we ran across several beautiful natural looking fire places in the high end rv's. We researched the items later and decided to try this one. We were pleasently surprised with the results. We removed the grate & logs and set this unit (which is complete and assembled)in on the existing fire place. Our fire place is complete with glass doors. black screen and fan vented to the room. The new insert was plugged in and we were amazed at the realism of light flames splashing randomly on the back wall and edge of the sides of the fire brick along with varied intensity and movement of light in the log portion of the insert itself. The insert also has a built in heater which can be used and when on behind our glass doors, truly sounds like a burning fire place. We routed the electrical cord down through the edge of the gas line hole in the metal flashing to the outlet in the bottom of the exhisting fan housing. As a result it is not visible and our installation was ideal. We have have had many people visit since it was installed and no one has known that it was electric until after we told them. We are very pleased and especially since the house remains sealed, clean and smoke free.

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works well! It's Affordable and a good value, March 11, 2012
I'm very pleased with this electric fireplace. I have a small fireplace in the family room that I removed an old Franklin stove from, and shut down the flue. I still wanted the ambience of a fireplace wbut without the fuss, soot, and heat loss. This small unit perforns very well. As long as you have a deep black background that is close-enough to the back of the unit to clearly reflect the projected flames, and available electric power, it will provide a safe and very effective flame effect. The unit includes a remore control to start and stop it from any point in an average room. It also provides for several levels of "flames" from a good raring fire to red embers, all controllable from the remotte. The unit also has the ability to project heat with a small blower, but I seldom use this effect. It would take the chill from a small room.

For the price it's a great illusion of a fire, which is enhanced by placing a small mesh or decorative firescreen in front. Very happy with the unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars great replacement for gas logs, March 5, 2012
this is a great replacement for gas logs. It gives a nice effect and some heat. It won't heat a room but takes the chill off the floor and I love the look. We can see it from our dining room and it is great. It doesn't have to be lit and doesn't have an outside tank to refill. All things good for us.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 553 | Next ›