Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on March 29, 2011
I have had these bowls for at least 12 years and use them practically every DAY. (I am an active cook and baker.) They are fantastic!! Very heavy-duty (and the full set is quite heavy). Not a chip in a single one after all these years, and I tend to clunk them together when getting them out of the cabinet (I have also moved with them four times). They wash up easily by hand or in the dishwasher. I choose them over my metal bowls almost every time.

The biggest bowl is great for making a huge batch of cookies or muffins, mixing 5 lbs of ground beef into meatballs, etc. I use the next two smaller sizes for cake mixes, smaller ones for bruschetta pomodoro, mixing dips, etc. If I had the space I'd have two sets of these bowls because I often need the medium to bigger sizes a few times while doing food prep. I did supplement them with the really small Pyrex ones at my local BB&B (perfect size for herbs), but this is otherwise as complete a mixing bowl set as you'll find, at a great price to boot.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
0Comment55 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2011
These bowls are so durable and versatile. The different sizes make mise en place cooking much easier - you always have the right bowl. I even suggest having two sets or augmenting them with a few of the smaller bowls for those who cook a lot. The glass makes them very easy to clean and the stacking sizes make storage a breeze.
on April 27, 2013
It was late at night when I quickly rounded the corner into the kitchen. I only noticed the cookie sheet standing vertically on the counter as my elbow knocked it hard. It was leaning up against the biggest Duralex Lys bowl in our set, and the blow sent the bowl flying ten feet across the room. I saw it flying in slow motion and three things ran through my mind:
1) Wellp, there goes a very expensive glass bowl.
2) Wait a second, this thing is super durable! Maybe it'll survive?
3) Wow, that thing just keeps on flying. It'll never survive the impact.

It hit the fridge then the floor and came to rest in one piece.

These bowls are lightweight for their size and this particular set comes with a size for just about every use. I highly recommend these for daily use, even in a family environment with young kids.

My one reservation with these bowls is that I don't know what shape the glass breaks into. If it's like Pyrex products, it'll create large sharp shards, so you might not want to test their durability on your tile floors.
22 comments19 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2014
The bowls are generally great and come in a variety of useful sizes from extremely large to extremely tiny. However I am skeptical about the item's heat resistance, microwave and dishwasher safety. When pouring hot water into the largest bowl to soak rice noodles, the bowl *exploded*, shattering everywhere and sending shards of glass all over my kitchen. The water wasn't boiling (it had boiled, but was sitting for a few minutes). The fact that the bowl exploded now makes me distrust the remaining bowls in the set: surely one of them will explode if placed in the microwave with water, or in the dishwasher.

I'm not certain if the bowl itself was defective, or if they indeed can't handle heat as advertised.
11 comment17 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2012
First, the measurements I would have liked to have before I ordered these, in approximate inches, from smallest to largest: 2.25", 3", 3.5", 4", 4.5", 5.5", 6.5", 8", 9", and 10" diameters. The smallest bowl is 1" high, and the largest bowl is 4" high. Like many other people, I would prefer to have another large-sized bowl rather than so many tiny ones, but I think that these will work well for almost all of my baking needs for our family of 3.

The glass has minor flaws which do not affect their function - no cracks or chips in my set. They have a nice, clear, clean look that I like, and they are light - I was afraid they would be awkwardly heavy, being glass, but they are very balanced, meaning heavy and sturdy enough for mixing, yet light for cleaning/carrying.

They get hot quickly from hot food in the microwave, so you may need potholders in that situation. Since they resist stains, oil, etc. they are wonderfully easy to clean by hand or in the dishwasher.

Overall, I'm glad I ordered them.
on July 23, 2012
I bought these bowls when I moved to replace other various sizes. The nice thing about these is that they all stack neatly together for easy storage. I use mainly the larger sizes for mixing cookie dough, ground beef, scrambled eggs and veggies, etc. I have taken them straight from the fridge into the microwave and there has never been an issue.

I love the different sizes and often use 3 or 4 while cooking a single meal. They are easy to clean (throw them in the dishwasher) and they are easy to store. They are a steal at $38 and I recommend them to all of my friends and family, especially those who like to cook and bake. They came well packaged separated by cardboard and soft paper. There were no chips, dents, cracks, or any other damage on the items or the packaging.

If you need a versatile set of mixing bowls or bowls for cooking, I highly recommend this set. I assure you that you will not be disappointed.

Pros:
Easy to clean
Durable
Multiple sizes
Easy to store

Cons:
The biggest bowl is not as big as it looks in the picture. I may have to get another VERY large bowl for serious mixing, but these are good for 98% of cooking needs.
on April 17, 2011
The first set I received had a flaw in the largest bowl. Amazon was great, as usual, and sent a replacement right away. I've used these bowls just about everyday. When cooking, I put chopped things in them as I am preparing my meal. Have used them also in a pot as a double boiler to melt chocolate. Hundreds of uses. Just wish they had one larger size, maybe 4 1/2 qt.
11 comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2011
I've had this set for years and use at least one of the set every day. I love that they're so durable - I've never had one break. And since they nest so well they take up little space.
Great sizes too....small ones for mise en place and large ones for mixing, there's a size for everything.
on May 16, 2011
At my local grocery store, they sold a three-piece clear glass mixing bowl set. I was going to buy this Duralex set on Amazon, but thought for the price difference, and I usually need the larger size bowls, I would go with the Anchor Hocking set at Krogers for under ten dollars. Well, the first time I put one of the bowls in the dishwasher, it cracked. So, I returned the bowls and got these Duralex. They're made in France and are supposedly very durable (hence the name). I'm sure they will last a lot longer and so I'm happy to have spent the extra for quality mixing bowls.
on August 16, 2012
I had the 9 piece set for around 15 years, but I wanted the larger bowl offered in the 10 piece set. It was actually cheaper to purchase the set than it was buying the large bowl alone. I think it says something when someone has an item for years and purchases the same item again. I like the improvements they made to the rims of the bowls, they make it easier to grip while mixing. I dropped one of my old bowls a few years back and instead of smashing when it hit the floor, it bounced and I caught it before it could hit again. Anyhow, my old set won't go to waste, I plan to give it to another family member to enjoy.