5.0 out of 5 stars Sold New but was Used
Eventhough the Amazon gods didn't like my first two reviews, the iron is doing a great job. It is simple to use and warms up fairly quickly compared to my old Rowenta iron. The Durathon does a good job of getting the wrinkles out without a starch spray. My only "complaint" is that the sole plate is not as smooth as the stainless steel Rowenta.
Published on May 15, 2012 by BoomerSooner

3.0 out of 5 stars Electrical Short but Hamilton Beach Warranty Great
Published 17 months ago by KSR_Alph

3.0 out of 5 stars Electrical Short but Hamilton Beach Warranty Great, March 22, 2013
This review is from: Durathon Full Size Digital Iron (Misc.)
This was a great iron the first time I used it. Since it is 1700 watts, It gets hot enough to iron the wrinkles out of clothes easily. Unfortunately, 3 weeks later when I used it again, there seems to be an electrical short which causes a power surge in my electrical outlet. I tried more than one outlet in my home with the same results. I was past the 30 days return policy with Amazon for this product, so I could not exchange it for a replacement. I called Hamilton Beach support and by providing a minimal amount of information on the iron to them, they are sending me a new iron. Great customer service from Hamilton Beach!

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy - steam shoots out when placing upright, November 1, 2012
This review is from: Durathon Full Size Digital Iron (Misc.)
No matter what I do, when returning the iron to an upright position when on steam setting, it spews alot of steam in a big burst. Also I would not get the cord rewind again. The cord holder at the base makes it heavier. But it does really iron well with alot of steam. I should have bought the cheaper version. Not worth the extra $$.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sold New but was Used, May 15, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars read about this in good housekeeping, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Durathon Full Size Digital Iron (Misc.)
said it was the best iron. mine broke I was in the Navy and I iron like no one else I know so i'm pretty hard on irons normally. this one rocks no complaints whatsoever. even my 15 year old son says he really likes this iron, 2 thumbs up from a former Navy girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Durathon iron, October 6, 2012
Inu (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Durathon Full Size Digital Iron (Misc.)
My wife says this is the best iron she has every had in her hands the balance is perfect,so is the weight. The steamer has more escapes than most other irons. Perfect is the way to decribed this iron.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spray AND Steam buttons -FIX, July 5, 2013
This review is from: Durathon Full Size Digital Iron (Misc.)
Has a lot of steam, but unfortunately the steam and spray buttons have collapsed and do not function any longer after a few months of use. THERE IS AN EASY FIX. Gently pop out the steam and spray buttons, they are held in place by tabs on the top and bottom edges of the buttons. Remove the two phillips screws underneath, and the control panel comes out. Then you see the white "button arms",,,these get glommed up....you can unfreeze them by moving them around etc. Then put everything back together. The buttons will click back in , once lined up properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Iron EVER, March 28, 2014
This review is from: Durathon Full Size Digital Iron (Misc.)
I just received my Durathon iron today and ironed this week's clothes with it. That included pressing pants, blocking sweaters, and pressing every kind of shirt. This iron passed on every level. Its engineers fixed every problem I ever had with an iron plus some problems I didn't know I had. It's quite heavy so that I don't press the clothes; the iron presses the clothes. The steam vents are perfectly situated and plentiful. To make it perfect, the iron also has a vent clean function. The nonstick plate didn't snag anything and had beautiful glide. It's easy to fill and to check the water level, and it's a push-button change of heat and a smooth slide to change the steam. Easy, easy. Coincidentally, I received a package while I was ironing, and the shipper had placed tape all over the decorative box. The burst of steam function worked perfectly with the iron held a couple of inches away to steam that tape right off. The retractable cord was easily long enough for my purposes and retracted smoothly although I did have to "feed" it a little at the end. The iron heated quickly, and the auto shut-off worked. Best of all, this iron is STEADY on the board. Its weight and the design of the bottom keep it from wobbling every time I put it down to reposition clothes. I never realized how much time I wasted steadying my iron after each pass. The Durathon iron didn't budge or wobble once, and I was finished quick time. I'm hoping it's as durable as it looks, because I will absolutely weep if this breaks. It's perfect and worth every dime I spent. Finally, the picture doesn't do it justice. This is one sleek, beautiful iron. If I have any problems with it, I'll update, but I'm loving this iron right now.

1.0 out of 5 stars original purchase and replacement both faulty, June 16, 2013
Barry R. Sharma (Glendale, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Durathon Full Size Digital Iron (Misc.)
First one arrived with a non-functioning steam button, and the replacement unit had a faulty water spray button. Finally settled on a Panasonic and couldn't be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Engineered and Effective (but Pre-owned), December 21, 2013
This review is from: Durathon Full Size Digital Iron (Misc.)
I was really peeved when I opened the box and the iron had about a tablespoon of water in it. There was also a slight scratch on the housing and the instruction book had been thumbed through quite a bit. I was convinced it was going back. That is until I used it. The thing just flat out works. It's heavy, gets hot quickly and knocks out creases in thick cotton and wool like nobody's business. The steam is insane. I'm ashamed to say I paid almost $200 for an iron that is now broken and was nowhere near as up to the task.

If I had to nitpick I'd say the design is a little clunky and the retractable cord needs to be fed in and pulled out in small sections to get it fully tucked away. Pushing the retract button alone will not do the trick. Still, I'm glad there's somewhere to tuck it so I don't have to worry about wrapping it up or the risk of burning the cord.

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality product, October 11, 2013
This review is from: Durathon Full Size Digital Iron (Misc.)
this iron is no wimp. it is slightly heavier than your normal iron but still comfortable to hold and handle. the steam function is powerful which allows for getting out the wrinkles the first time! the spray and stem burst functions are responsive and the multiple settings for steam and temperature allow you to select exactly what is best for the fabric you're ironing. this iron far exceeds the much more expensive rowenta iron i use to have!

Durathon Full Size Digital Iron