Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on April 17, 2011
I have owned my Duratrax Intellipeak ICE for over 6 years and it has been doing a great job of charging all my batteries. When I made the move from NiMh to LiPo, I thought I was going to have to buy a new charger, but fortunately for me, the Intellipeak ICE handles LiPo's just fine! I fly RC aircraft, and this charger has done a superb job over the years of flawlessly charging all my batteries. The screen is easy to read, the data is useful, and it is quite customizable/programmable.

I have found this charger to be tough, ready to handle all my batteries, and an invaluable part of my hobby supplies. It's a well-built and well-designed unit that will last for years (as mine has). It has not malfunctioned on me once, and has even caught some problems with brand new batteries (bad/unbalanced LiPos).

I highly recommend this charger. I know Duratrax is a RC Car brand, but batteries are batteries. This is a great charger for your 1-4 cell LiPos.
on December 8, 2012
I'm a self-described techno-nerd ham radio operator, and have a number of devices including ham radios, bicycle lights, wind-up radios, Sony Walkmans, and other devices that use a variety of NiMH batteries and battery packs and I wanted a general charger that I could use for it all. This charger fit the bill nicely.

Out of the box, the first one had deep surface dings in the plastic cover over the LCD display, so it went back. #2 had the same issue, but #3 was a charm. That tells me they have production quality issues. It's made in Korea.

Once I got one that wasn't damaged out-of-the-box, I matched it up with a 14V 5A power cube that's available for around $10 on the internet, and made a little junction box with a fuse in it to match the power cube DC output to the banana plug DC inputs of the charger. This charger works on DC input voltages from 12-15 volts. You need an AC to DC converter to use it, hence the power cube. Just be aware that it's an additional expense above and beyond the cost of the device itself. As a ham radio operator, I'm naturally a fuse nut, and everything I own has fuses on it, hence the litte junction box with the fuse in it. (See photo).

You have to program the charger for each of your different batteries, which isn't any big deal but you really need to read the manual carefully to figure out how to use this. There are some pre-programmed charging sequences but I wouldn't call this a plug-and-play device. Read the manual.

This is mostly geared to the radio-controlled toy crowd, rather than ham radio operators, but is nevertheless so versatile it can be used by any hobbiest who needs a decent charger. You can program in charge currents, discharge currents, up to 10 cycles, and cycle delays and the -delta V. I'm unaware of any other charger out there as versatile. Mostly I charge devices at ~200 mA but this can handle many amps charge currents, with high current discharges too for cycling batteries.

I've had it a couple months and so far am very pleased, notwithstanding the initial problems with production quality control.
review image review image review image
on August 22, 2015
I have one for about 8 year finally burn my garage down 11.1 venom 5000 35c
on January 17, 2010
typical duratrax quality. works ok for a while then dies for no reason. don't waste your $ on this charger. I have other brand name chargers and they do double the work and are still working. I have used it with 1500mah lipos for the most part, the largest battery was a 2300mah 11.1v lipo. and that was only at 2.3amps charge rate. very disapointed in it. my son has sense sold his and got the other brand charger I have. (hyperion)