Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Durgol Swiss Espresso Decalcifier for All Brands High-End Espresso Machines, 4.2 Fluid Ounce Bottle, 2-Pack
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on August 6, 2015
Almost a year ago, I purchased a Delonghi espresso machine so that rather than spending about 50 dollars per week on coffee in the morning, I could amp up my kitchen and make lattes and machiattos at home. Just recently, I learned that I should be descaling my machine to make sure that it runs clearly and is at peak performance. Well, the cleaner that is associated with the machine costs a lot more than the Durgol brand, so I was lucky to hear from a friend that she used this particular brand to clean her Gaggia machine. I ordered it from Amazon, delivery was quick (thank you Amazon Prime) and I gave it a try the first day that I had it. The decalcifier worked pretty well, after using it I noticed that the machine was running faster than it had been the past few weeks and there was a really clear stream coming from the machine. I recommend this brand to anyone with a higher end espresso machine, it's cheaper than the signature cleaner associate with the machine line, and works really well.

Update: I've found a really useful hack that works really well. After reading about it in a DIY blog, I started decalcifying my espresso machine with citric acid every few weeks. In particular, I chose this Citric Acid Powder - Ultra Fine Pure Powdered Crystals - Natural Preservative Food Grade Quality (16 oz) brand because I already had it around the house ( I use it to make bath bombs, that's another thing EVERYONE should try making once) and it worked really well at cleaning my machine. I keep the Durgol, because I consider it my "deep cleaner" and I use the citric acid in between to keep the machine clean. The best part is that the citric acid is all natural, so there's less chemicals being used to clean your espresso machine. I definitely recommend doing this in conjunction with the Durgol every few months. Nature's Candy is a great brand too, and I have been using it for every 3-4 weeks on my machine.
1010 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2016
Wasted A LOT of money buying the brand name Nespresso decalcifier, until I found this a little while ago. Does what it's aupposed to do, at a significantly better price. Can't really tell e difference between this and the brand name Nespresso decalcifier.
on June 10, 2016
This does exactly as it states. My Starbucks Varismo machine was starting to act funny so I used this. It cleared it up and not the machine works like it is new. I didn't get any gross taste as I've seen some others complain of. Maybe it's because I ran multiple tanks of clean water through it to make sure there was no residue in the machine.

This is a product I will buy again when the machine needs cleaning.
on January 23, 2015
I have a 14 year old Gaggia Classic with a pid installed. I use it 1 time a day( one double shot). About 6 months I used this product. Prior to that, i did not ever descale. I do only use a 5 stage reverse osmosis water system for my expresso machine, not sure if that makes a huge difference with scale or not. I also have a water softener, since our water is hard in NE FL. I weighed the water before this and after. My steps are as follows: I removed my portafilter and screen(screw) and dumped out all water in the resevoir. I then added 1 bottle of product with 1 bottle of water in the resevoir. I ran the expresso machine and caught the water into a cup. I then put the water back into the resevoir and did this process 3 times. I did NOT let the product sit in the machine for any length of time. I then flushed the resevoir with water and ran the machine thru 2 reseviors of fresh water to clean out the product. I then weighed the water again and I am getting about 10grams more water for every 10 seconds that the expresso machine was running. I pulled a shot (fyi...i weight my beans and shots and have a mazzer grinder) and I did notice a better shot, it was a smoother taste. I also got more expresso since the flow rate went up. I will need to make a small adjustment to my grider to make my grinds slighly finer to slow down the rate flow. Hope this helps. fyi...I also use Urnex Cafiza to clean out the lines every 4 months or so.
on February 23, 2016
We have an espresso machine here at home. To keep it clean and working correctly we use nothing but this product. The order came quickly to our door and works like a charm. We never hesitate to reorder. Great product!
on April 8, 2016
Use this on my 7 year old Keurig and it works great. I leave it for an hour and then rinse. BUT NOTE, You need to run through 3 to 4 FULL TANKS of water to fully rinse out any remainder and that can take a while.
on February 14, 2016
Pros
*It decalcified my electric tea kettle. Thats why I bought it in the first place. I used as directed. Poured 1 (of 2) bottles. It looks good as new.

Cons
*Kinda expensive.
on September 12, 2015
Works good in cleaning out your coffee maker, our automatic espresso maker was jammed up with calcium buildup and this was the only product that seem to have worked. Will be buying more for future cleanings
on October 4, 2015
Works great & costs a lot less. I have used this for the past six years in my $1000+ Jura Capresso machine. Just follow the directions and ignore the Folks who try to scare you into shelling out more money for the same thing.
on February 27, 2015
Used in my Capresso and seems to do the job. I didn't wait until cleaning my machine became a no brainer- just as maintenance before the fact so I just assume that if the pressures not getting worse, it's doing it's job.