Published on April 2, 2011 by COmtns

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
This is replacement product for steak dust previously offered. Manufacturer said it was exact product, but it isn't. It's ok, but definitely not same product.
Published 14 months ago by VBS

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of compliments on my steaks and other foods I use it on., April 2, 2011
This review is from: Durkee Steak Dust, 29-Ounce Containers (Pack of 2) (Grocery)
I found this stuff at Sam's and bought it "just to see", now I cannot cook a steak without it. It is a great flavorful accent with out being overpowering. People rave about my steaks, and I've even given away some of my precious supply of the dust. They love the flavor. We don't even feel like we can get the same good steak flavor at steakhouses anymore. As a matter of fact, this seasoning has left one of our fav steak houses wanting for a visit from us. We can get better flavor at a less expensive price at home. We no longer go out for steak.

I am *not* a big fan of heavy rubs or crustie-peppercorn-garlic seasonings. I like to be able to taste the meat, which means I am also not a fan of steak sauces like A1 or even worcestershire. I think that with those heavy seasonings and sauces, that's all I can taste, and, sorry, but "yuk". I like good cuts of meat, and I'm not about to ruin them with heavy sauces, spices or marinades.

I've expanded to using the dust on everything I grill - steak, tri-tip, pork tenderloins, sturdy white fish, hamburgers - it makes all of them taste fantastic without being overpowering. I even sprinkle it on lighter fish that I quick sear in a pan on the range when I make fish tacos....yummy!

I've not been able to find it at Sam's or Wal-Mart, recently, so I am glad to find it on Amazon - yay! Amazon!!! I don't know what I'd do without you. I will be stocking up with this mega-sized 2 pack, and will hope that Durkee/Tone's continues to make it....Please!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best seasoning ever!, August 23, 2010
I used to buy this at Sam's Club and they no longer carry it. I will not grill anything without this flavorful blend. It even makes hamburgers taste gourmet. I just sprinkle on top and grill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for Steak!, July 15, 2010
Thanks Amazon!When I went to Sam's to get my new "fix" of steak dust they no longer have it! WHAT? No steak dust? How will I ever cook anything on the grill again? But Thanks to Amazon My grilled burgers will be the best with a good "dusting",and ribs,chicken,pork and beef tenderloins! Anything, if it cooks on the grill I dust it first.

5.0 out of 5 stars replacement for tones steak dust, June 2, 2011
Made by the same company that makes Tones Steak Dust. Same ingredients, same smell and taste. Slighly different color. A great deal for us folks looking for the Tones product.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE ABSOLUTE BEST SEASONING EVER!!!, June 3, 2011
This is without any doubt the best seasoning developed in the history of seasonings. I used to purchase this seasoning at Food Lion, suddenly it vanished, after searching around I found it at Wal-Mart, then suddenly they no longer had it available. I figured the only reason this seasoning is disappearing off grocery shelves is because, its too good for the average citizen to purchase, this stuff is Chef material!! It's invisible on your steaks or ground beef. There are no chunky spices that are identifiable, its literally Dust! This is my secret seasoning & the only steak seasoning I need, when I could no longer find it on the shelves, I went to Google & Amazon had it! You know its good when you search the internet for a seasoning. I could go on & on. THIS IS THE BEST! If you never tell your friends your secret, they're food will NEVER taste as good as yours!! Try it once & you'll never want to eat another steak without it!! Ever!! Can't wait until my order arrives!! It's Grilling Season!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars HARD TO COOK WITHOUT IT!, January 8, 2011
This seasoning is the best. It has been changed to a different brand (Tone)but I am buying up what IU can find under the Durkee brand. Great on chicken, beef, venison, in chili, spagetti etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chef's Helper, January 1, 2011
I was about to run out of this, and was not able to find it anywhere in town. I was able to find it on Amazon. The steaks I grill at home taste much better than anything that i can get at any steakhouse. It is also great on chops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durkee/Tones Steak Dust, December 8, 2010
One of our families favorite spice blends. We tend to use this on grilled "red meat" (It is great on Johnsonville Bratwurst not to mention steaks). I was delighted to find a source of the Durkee packaging as Durkee was the original manufacturer label and more economical per an ounce. This double pack will last us several months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, November 21, 2010
This seasoning has a truly amazing flavor. I use it to flavor beef brisket prior to slow roasting it. I get rave reviews every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must have" in the spice cabinet, May 12, 2010
We love this seasoning. My husband nearly went into withdrawals when our grocery store stopped selling it. I did a little research and found it is now being sold under the Tones label. I haven't tried it under that label but I assume it is the same recipe.

This seasoning is wonderful. It enhances the taste of beef. We have used it on pork and chicken and it tastes pretty good on those too. For one cook-out he used this seasoning and I made little gift pouches. I put golf ball size containers with the seasoning in it. I knew from prior experience that everyone would want a sample after tasting it. It really is that good.

Durkee Steak Dust, 29-Ounce Containers (Pack of 2)
$43.00 $42.25