Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on April 2, 2011
I found this stuff at Sam's and bought it "just to see", now I cannot cook a steak without it. It is a great flavorful accent with out being overpowering. People rave about my steaks, and I've even given away some of my precious supply of the dust. They love the flavor. We don't even feel like we can get the same good steak flavor at steakhouses anymore. As a matter of fact, this seasoning has left one of our fav steak houses wanting for a visit from us. We can get better flavor at a less expensive price at home. We no longer go out for steak.

I am *not* a big fan of heavy rubs or crustie-peppercorn-garlic seasonings. I like to be able to taste the meat, which means I am also not a fan of steak sauces like A1 or even worcestershire. I think that with those heavy seasonings and sauces, that's all I can taste, and, sorry, but "yuk". I like good cuts of meat, and I'm not about to ruin them with heavy sauces, spices or marinades.

I've expanded to using the dust on everything I grill - steak, tri-tip, pork tenderloins, sturdy white fish, hamburgers - it makes all of them taste fantastic without being overpowering. I even sprinkle it on lighter fish that I quick sear in a pan on the range when I make fish tacos....yummy!

I've not been able to find it at Sam's or Wal-Mart, recently, so I am glad to find it on Amazon - yay! Amazon!!! I don't know what I'd do without you. I will be stocking up with this mega-sized 2 pack, and will hope that Durkee/Tone's continues to make it....Please!!!!
11 comment18 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2010
I used to buy this at Sam's Club and they no longer carry it. I will not grill anything without this flavorful blend. It even makes hamburgers taste gourmet. I just sprinkle on top and grill.
on June 2, 2011
Made by the same company that makes Tones Steak Dust. Same ingredients, same smell and taste. Slighly different color. A great deal for us folks looking for the Tones product.
on July 15, 2010
Thanks Amazon!When I went to Sam's to get my new "fix" of steak dust they no longer have it! WHAT? No steak dust? How will I ever cook anything on the grill again? But Thanks to Amazon My grilled burgers will be the best with a good "dusting",and ribs,chicken,pork and beef tenderloins! Anything, if it cooks on the grill I dust it first.
on June 3, 2011
This is without any doubt the best seasoning developed in the history of seasonings. I used to purchase this seasoning at Food Lion, suddenly it vanished, after searching around I found it at Wal-Mart, then suddenly they no longer had it available. I figured the only reason this seasoning is disappearing off grocery shelves is because, its too good for the average citizen to purchase, this stuff is Chef material!! It's invisible on your steaks or ground beef. There are no chunky spices that are identifiable, its literally Dust! This is my secret seasoning & the only steak seasoning I need, when I could no longer find it on the shelves, I went to Google & Amazon had it! You know its good when you search the internet for a seasoning. I could go on & on. THIS IS THE BEST! If you never tell your friends your secret, they're food will NEVER taste as good as yours!! Try it once & you'll never want to eat another steak without it!! Ever!! Can't wait until my order arrives!! It's Grilling Season!!!!
on December 8, 2010
One of our families favorite spice blends. We tend to use this on grilled "red meat" (It is great on Johnsonville Bratwurst not to mention steaks). I was delighted to find a source of the Durkee packaging as Durkee was the original manufacturer label and more economical per an ounce. This double pack will last us several months.
on January 1, 2011
I was about to run out of this, and was not able to find it anywhere in town. I was able to find it on Amazon. The steaks I grill at home taste much better than anything that i can get at any steakhouse. It is also great on chops.
on January 8, 2011
This seasoning is the best. It has been changed to a different brand (Tone)but I am buying up what IU can find under the Durkee brand. Great on chicken, beef, venison, in chili, spagetti etc.
on June 26, 2013
These are not in the stores. I found it once in Sam's Club years ago, and could not find it since. Amazon had it!

Simple product with great results:

Pat dry your 1/2 inch steak (I like a sirloin, but it works well on whatever steak you like)
Heat you cast-iron pan to Med/Hi(the best pan there is for steaks) and put a 1/2 teaspoon of cooking oil
Cook for eight minutes on one side...DO NOT BREAK THE SEAR
Flip, lower flame to medium. Cook for eight more minutes. Remove from fire. Let meat breathe for about 5 minutes.
In Hawaii, we say, "Broke Da Mouth!"
on March 28, 2013
I was a little disappointed with this Durkee Steak Dust.. It doesn't seem to be quite the same as before. I know that the package/labeling has changed and I think the taste has changed a little as well. It is still good but not as good as before.. Bring pack the original FLAVOR... and it would be nice to be able to find/buy it in Sams Club, again....Can't find anywhere except online... :-(

See 1 answered question