Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Durkee Steak Dust, 29-Ounce Containers (Pack of 2)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on April 2, 2011
I found this stuff at Sam's and bought it "just to see", now I cannot cook a steak without it. It is a great flavorful accent with out being overpowering. People rave about my steaks, and I've even given away some of my precious supply of the dust. They love the flavor. We don't even feel like we can get the same good steak flavor at steakhouses anymore. As a matter of fact, this seasoning has left one of our fav steak houses wanting for a visit from us. We can get better flavor at a less expensive price at home. We no longer go out for steak.

I am *not* a big fan of heavy rubs or crustie-peppercorn-garlic seasonings. I like to be able to taste the meat, which means I am also not a fan of steak sauces like A1 or even worcestershire. I think that with those heavy seasonings and sauces, that's all I can taste, and, sorry, but "yuk". I like good cuts of meat, and I'm not about to ruin them with heavy sauces, spices or marinades.

I've expanded to using the dust on everything I grill - steak, tri-tip, pork tenderloins, sturdy white fish, hamburgers - it makes all of them taste fantastic without being overpowering. I even sprinkle it on lighter fish that I quick sear in a pan on the range when I make fish tacos....yummy!

I've not been able to find it at Sam's or Wal-Mart, recently, so I am glad to find it on Amazon - yay! Amazon!!! I don't know what I'd do without you. I will be stocking up with this mega-sized 2 pack, and will hope that Durkee/Tone's continues to make it....Please!!!!
on August 23, 2010
I used to buy this at Sam's Club and they no longer carry it. I will not grill anything without this flavorful blend. It even makes hamburgers taste gourmet. I just sprinkle on top and grill.
on June 3, 2011
This is without any doubt the best seasoning developed in the history of seasonings. I used to purchase this seasoning at Food Lion, suddenly it vanished, after searching around I found it at Wal-Mart, then suddenly they no longer had it available. I figured the only reason this seasoning is disappearing off grocery shelves is because, its too good for the average citizen to purchase, this stuff is Chef material!! It's invisible on your steaks or ground beef. There are no chunky spices that are identifiable, its literally Dust! This is my secret seasoning & the only steak seasoning I need, when I could no longer find it on the shelves, I went to Google & Amazon had it! You know its good when you search the internet for a seasoning. I could go on & on. THIS IS THE BEST! If you never tell your friends your secret, they're food will NEVER taste as good as yours!! Try it once & you'll never want to eat another steak without it!! Ever!! Can't wait until my order arrives!! It's Grilling Season!!!!
on June 2, 2011
Made by the same company that makes Tones Steak Dust. Same ingredients, same smell and taste. Slighly different color. A great deal for us folks looking for the Tones product.
on July 15, 2010
Thanks Amazon!When I went to Sam's to get my new "fix" of steak dust they no longer have it! WHAT? No steak dust? How will I ever cook anything on the grill again? But Thanks to Amazon My grilled burgers will be the best with a good "dusting",and ribs,chicken,pork and beef tenderloins! Anything, if it cooks on the grill I dust it first.
on April 2, 2016
WE LOVE THIS. It maybe a bit expensive, even though you are getting allot of seasoning, but it is worth it. My mom has gone through the gamut of steak dust and this is the only thing she will use. I have to admit that I hate pepper, and with allot of steak dust you can get a really peppery taste. Not with this one, it is full of flavor. We use this all the time on out steaks nd pork chops. I hope my opinions help you in purchasing this steak dust.
on March 17, 2016
I really do LOVE this product for it's flavor. It is the perfect steak seasoning. I don't love some of the ingredients (MSG and other questionable things) but if that doesn't bother you then go for it. Price was a bit steep, but it seems hard to get. The last time I bought this was 8 or 9 years ago from a wholesale club. Can't find it locally anymore.
on June 26, 2013
These are not in the stores. I found it once in Sam's Club years ago, and could not find it since. Amazon had it!

Simple product with great results:

Pat dry your 1/2 inch steak (I like a sirloin, but it works well on whatever steak you like)
Heat you cast-iron pan to Med/Hi(the best pan there is for steaks) and put a 1/2 teaspoon of cooking oil
Cook for eight minutes on one side...DO NOT BREAK THE SEAR
Flip, lower flame to medium. Cook for eight more minutes. Remove from fire. Let meat breathe for about 5 minutes.
In Hawaii, we say, "Broke Da Mouth!"
on July 1, 2013
We have loved this stuff and were very sad when we could no longer find it in the supermarket. We bought the two-pack and used it the night we got it to dust up some filets we were cooking for the neighbors. They thought it was the best meat they had ever eaten and so we gave them the second jar. Boy are we sorry now.
on March 28, 2013
I was a little disappointed with this Durkee Steak Dust.. It doesn't seem to be quite the same as before. I know that the package/labeling has changed and I think the taste has changed a little as well. It is still good but not as good as before.. Bring pack the original FLAVOR... and it would be nice to be able to find/buy it in Sams Club, again....Can't find anywhere except online... :-(

See 1 answered question