5.0 out of 5 stars It's great
This cushion works just as well as I hoped it would to keep pressure off sore areas. It is firm and holds up well with extended use. I now own 3 of them: one for home, one for office, one for car. Price through Amazon is excellent. I paid twice as much for one that I bought at a local medical supply store.
Published on November 14, 2010 by ProfessorMom

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not relieve coccyx pain one bit...
Published on June 26, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great, November 14, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, March 3, 2010
I gained a ton of weight with my pregnancy and found sitting on certain types of chairs to be really unbearable as I get closer to the end. This little thing has made sitting totally bearable no matter where I've been. I've never had problems like this before and have no tolerance at all for pain. I really was surprised that something so simple and so thin feeling really worked well for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars back pain, March 7, 2009
I found this product to be excellent. It helps relieve lower back pain when seated. It was so helpful, I have ordered a second and may order a third to leave the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 5'3" 135# self, March 19, 2013
I was hesitant to purchase after reading some of the reviews saying this was too hard, especially as I'm on the lighter side of the weight scale of reviewers.
Fortunately, I went with intuition, and it was PERFECT for me!
I had to stay off my feet after a bilateral bunionectomy performed a day after a hemorrhoidectomy. (don't ask why... it's too long a story.)
This, quite literally, saved my behind!
I did find it a bit wide for my seat at times, which was easy compensated for by turning it so the wide side faced forward, instead of sideways.
Perfectly comfortable for the three weeks I spent every waking moment on it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, February 7, 2007
Reader Lady "Reader Lady" (Tifton, GA United States) - See all my reviews
It works well but it is a little stiff. I think after a little use it will soften up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick, May 24, 2013
Bought this because I started having pain from sitting too much at work while pregnant. It definitely helps! Also, it doesn't have a visible hole in the middle so it doesn't look weird at work.

5.0 out of 5 stars comfort for sitting prior to after immediately after any kind of "bum" surgery, August 29, 2013
Good for prior to or immediately after hemorrhoid or or any other bottom surgery. Well priced. Prbably good for sore back as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, March 30, 2013
I bought this for my Marcy exercise bike that was literally giving a pain in the..., well you know. Works great. I wasn't sure what I would be getting from the photo but it's oval shaped with a (six inch?) oval hole in the middle that you can't see because it has a cover. It's very firm but that's what I wanted. Lets me stay on my bike longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the 18" Duro-Med Foam Ring Cushion, December 4, 2011
I recently bought the 18" Duro-Med molded foam ring cushion with a Navy cover through Amazon to replace a 16" foam ring cushion bought at a local drugstore that was most uncomfortable (forgot what brand the 16" cushion was but it was so stiff that it felt like I was sitting on a wooden ring). I use the ring cushion when I drive to help alleviate lower back pain and after having switched to the Duro-Med 18", my butt immediately felt the difference. The new cushion is neither too hard nor too soft, just right for me. I left the plastic wrapping on as it lets me literally "slip" on and off the car seat easier that way. I'm sure the plastic wrapping will come off sometime but right now, it serves a purpose. I have tried the Carex inflatable donut cushion and that was a complete waste of money because no matter how much air or how little air you put in the inflatable, there is no position that allows you to sit tight on it and so you're constantly struggling to stay put on the thing. I suggest you get the 18" molded foam cushion even though you can make do with a 16" because I think the extra 2 inches does make a difference.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not relieve coccyx pain one bit..., June 26, 2012
I read a few reviews for this pillow stating that it helped tailbone pain. I have absolutely no idea how it would have done that! I have Coccydynia (which more or less means chronic tailbone pain) and this pillow really REALLY hurt me. Sitting on this felt like it put MORE pressure on my tailbone, which is pretty much exactly what it was doing. I had a feeling I should have gone with one of the coccyx cushions, but figured I would give this a try first. A coccyx cushion has a V-shaped cutout on the back which allows the tailbone to "float" with no pressure on it at all. How does this donut shaped pillow NOT put pressure on the tailbone?? Next time I will trust my instincts. This is being returned tomorrow.

As for the overall quality of the product, it seemed ok, for the price. Which is why I gave it a neutral 3 star rating. It was very firm, which I personally consider to be a good thing, as it doesn't just flatten into nothingness the moment you sit on it.

Duro-Med 18 Molded Foam Ring Cushion