1,731 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Low cost, high quality product
Published on January 15, 2007 by Chris Smo

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!!! PRODUCT CHANGED!!! DON'T BUY!!!!
I bought one the middle of April, 2012 in grey and loved it! I ordered THE SAME CUSHION in black, one week later, again through Amazon. Although it is packaged as being from the same manufacturer (Duro Med), the material is considerably cheaper and it stinks!! (Literally causes the entire room to smell.)
The insert on the original one is enclosed via a zipper; the...
Published on May 8, 2012 by Shelli

5.0 out of 5 stars Low cost, high quality product, January 15, 2007
I recently purchased this lumbar support cushion as a gift for my father this past Christmas. I am a physical therapist, and have over 5 years of experience dealing primarily with the mechanics and mechanisms of low back pain and disc dysfunction. I have tried out many cushions over the years, and from my experience, this product is as good as any higher-priced product of the same intent. The composite board insert allows for a consistent shape to be maintained, so the cushion does not yield as easily to body weight over years of consistent use, and the burgundy cover is removable and washable. It is also an excellent size for the average-sized person (my dad is approximately 5'9", ~170 lbs.). It provides good side-bolster support as well for an added feeling of comfort around the outiside of the lower back. I highly recommend this cushion when placed in comparison of other similar products. Most of the other products out there that are in contention with this one are composed of unnecessary additives, like a massager, ribbing on the contours of the cushion, etc. I've found that simply maintaining good posture (not only in sitting, but all activity) allows for so much more freedom from pain and simple ease back into daily life. Again, I highly recommend this product to anyone out there searching for an answer to help alleviate low back pain; however, I must caution that commercial products are NOT a cure-all to one's problems. It's always possible to alleviate the pain and symptoms, but other steps are necessary in terms of FIXING the problem. I highly recommend seeking out professional care from a physical therapist, as it is more than likely necessary that one would need (at least) proper education and intevention to help one to get better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Commuting is MUCH more comfortable!, April 24, 2009
I drive over 180 miles a day! After about 2 weeks of this my back was killing me! I'm 33 and I felt like I had the back of an 80 year old. I decided I needed some kind of back support for my SUV. I read reviews and checked out all the types of support pillows for what I needed. I choose this one for the good price and good reviews. This has been my lifesaver!! All the driving I do, I think without this back support, I'd be in a dr's office once a week! I LOVE IT! I highly reccommend it for any car, it fits perfect even in my Explorer. I could tell the difference after just one commuting day! My best Amazon buy ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars I own 3 of these now! America, you have to believe me!, January 26, 2007
I have two herniated discs (L4, L5) in my lower back and went through PT during the month of December. The physical therapist stated that I needed to constantly strive to keep the curve in my lumbar supported along with exercise. I showed him this cushion and he gave his 100% approval. I used it for a month and liked it so much I got two more. One for the car, the LaZboy, and the computer chair. Why not! Look at that price! The best part is it is now the end of January and I know that I will recover thanks to exercise and the support I've been receiving when sitting and using this wonderful product.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!!! PRODUCT CHANGED!!! DON'T BUY!!!!, May 8, 2012
Shelli (NY, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Duro-Med Relax-a-Bac Lumbar Back Support Cushion Pillow with Insert and Strap, Black (Health and Beauty)
The insert on the original one is enclosed via a zipper; the second one only has a slit from which the cardboard slips out.
The support is much, much less than the first one I purchased.
This is not the same product as the first one. If I could give it a minus score I would. Do not buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft but firm, April 26, 2006
I've tried several lumbar cushions from Amazon and this one is the most comfortable, despite being so inexpensive.

I only wish it didn't have the "wings" on the side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Relief, March 23, 2009
After suffering a ruptured disc in my lower back, the 30-40 minute drive to and from work was killing me. Once I started using this support, I felt no pain getting out of the car after these rides. I use it in the car and at home and it has really helped make life more comfortable for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes growing old a little less painful., August 8, 2005
Like many people beyond the age of 50, I frequently experience some degree of lower back pain. I purchased this cushion for my chair in my office. The benefit is twofold: my back feels much better throughout the workday and I feel the amount of discomfort I experience away from work is decreased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant relief, October 30, 2009
mich-ca (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I ordered this back support cushion because I have an uncomfortable office chair that is too deep for me, and has no lumbar support. My posture has been terrible because the chair causes me to slouch. I tried out the new Relax-A-Bac Lumbar Cushion without unwrapping it (so I could return it if needed). The second I put it on my chair, I knew it was a keeper. It fits me perfectly and instantly improved my posture by supporting my back correctly. The strap fit fine over the large chair back and keeps it nicely in place. Would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Support but Poor Design, March 16, 2007
Andrew Cichowski (Santa Cruz, CA or Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
I purchased this lumbar cushion to complement a coccyx cushion I had purchased. When this cushion is placed properly, it provides excellent lumbar support, and is quite comfortable. However, the cushion is oddly shaped, in that it won't easily attach to any of my chairs. The silly little black strap on the back of the cushion does not add any sort of stability to the cushion, so it slides as I sit. It also falls off of my chair whenever I stand up. Aside from the hassle of constantly repositioning the cushion, or picking it off the floor (which may be difficult for someone with back pain), this lumbar support is excellent. Accompanied by a coccyx cushion, this cushion is wonderful for my back. I do recommend it to anyone in need of lumbar support, regardless of the cushion's inability to remain in one place.

This is a great product, but it is poorly designed. I plan on keeping it for a very long time, and find it to be quite helpful. If you do not mind picking it up off the floor and repositioning it every time you sit, then you should buy it. It is definitely worth the money, and will prove to be invaluable to your back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Where does one use this?, September 25, 2009
gala (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This is my second lumbar pillow. It's been awhile, but I could swear my first was smaller and softer. I couldn't figure out where to use this one b/c it's so big - it was pushing me off my desk chair and it didn't fit comfortably at all in my car, where I had intended to use it. I'm a small woman and wound up giving it to a very tall male friend who likes it better - he uses it at work and says it will be good for his old car, with the worn-out seats. I just found it too bulky to work well with seats that already have some side curvature inward.