Most helpful positive review
6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
Best New Country Artist
on September 21, 2012
I heard his song Cowboys and Angels and instantly fell in love with it, I actually bought that song before this album was released but when I previewed the tracks on this CD I just had to buy the whole thing! I very rarely buy a whole album (especially not a new artist), I prefer to buy my favorite tracks, but I made an exception for Dustin and boy am I glad I did! I like Every song on this album:
1. She Cranks My Tractor - A fun fast-paced song, Definitely going to be a hit! *Favorite*
2. Waiting - Is a "she left, he wants her back" song, the music and lyrics are really good *Favorite*
3. Cowboys and Angels - Obviously my favorite, it is just excellent in every way! =)**FAVORITE**
4. Wild In Your Smile - "A good girl with a little bit of wild" song .. better in my opinion than the current hit Angel Eyes.
5. Last Lap - A song reminiscing about the old days in your hometown, not my favorite but still a good song
6. Sittin' Pretty - this one is about how he's sittin' pretty because he has his girl by his side
7. Yeah Yeah Yeah - The girl is making him say Yeah Yeah Yeah lol =)
8. Rock You Sweet - this one has kind of a beach/vacation feel, singing to his girl - I want to "rock you sweet" *Favorite*
9. Unwind It - A good weekend/leaving work song
10. Hurricane - I love this song, didn't expect to but the lyrics and music just draw you in. **FAVORITE**
11. Dancing In the Headlights - Another of my favorites - country boys and girls partying in the country lol *Favorite*
12. Name On It - Another good end of the week - party tonight song
13. Your Plan - A good ballad about giving the reins back to God.
All in all this Cd is excellent, I have had it on playback in my car for about 3 weeks straight and I am not tired of it ... that is not usual for me!
This artist is a refreshing breeze to Country music in my opinion, too many "country" artists are thinly veiled pop and rock anymore, and he sounds like an old school country guy ... reminiscent of a young George Strait or even Chris Ledoux. He has majorly impressed me with his voice, and the fact that he co-wrote most of the songs on this album ... this CD is just a promise of great things to come I believe! Keep it up Dustin!