1,533 Reviews
 (1,239)

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget other spiritual/NDE books, just buy this one
Up and coming author Anita Moorjani's debut book Dying To Be Me is undoubtedly one of the most important books of 2012. It is one of the most inspiring memoirs I have ever read. In these pages Anita shares in the most touching and heart felt of ways her personal history, growing up different, the tension cultural expectations created within her and the events leading up...
Published on February 16, 2012 by "Mr. T"

3.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting
Dying to Be Me by Anita Moorjani is an interesting account of a young woman's near death experience and it's significance to the rest of her life. It's a short little book but hardly a "quick read" with some profound insights into the impact of our thinking on our life and health. Ms. Moorjani reveals much about her early life experiences and development of her...
Published on March 14, 2012 by Sweetcitywoman

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a gift for all for us, from the oneness of us all, told by Anita!...You can't own this fast enough!!!, February 14, 2012
ctcottagemom (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing (Hardcover)
I cannot possibly recommend this book enough. I "accidentally" came across an interview with Anita on Youtube last fall. The beauty and genuineness of her soul shone through and her story was fantastic, mesmerizing, and made you feel lighter with hope and joy. I have been eagerly anticipating her book since then, frequently checking back and literally dropped everything to get the book when I saw it was out. And... that still wasn't soon enough! It's the type of book you'll get through in 24 hours and want to share with everyone you know after that. Anita doesn't claim to have your answers, but her story builds the faith that all your answers are within... live without fear, be authentic to yourself, and we are all one (hence, there is no judgement). I have been traveling down a path, trying to balance what I spiritually and internally believe, with what others try to convince me is the path to "salvation" and this book has finally sealed the deal that I no longer have to look for the answers out there. I have freed myself to experience what truth feels like to me, and I am doing so without any fear. So often, books about God being within every one of us resonate so well with me, but I find myself hesitant of going down the "wrong" path, and I don't fully embrace this beautiful truth. Dying to be Me, came at just the right time for me, following after some other great books including "Manifesting Change" by Mike Dooley (different theme, but wonderfully beneficial... I just reviewed his book too! (Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier). Dying to be Me is easy to read, yet loaded with life changing depth and meaning.

Thank you Anita for writing this book and for having the experience you did. Thank you for coming back to tell us. This book is all about hope, it is for everyone, whatever point they may be on their spiritual path, whatever phase of life they are in. I wanted a friend who was dying of cancer to hear this message last fall, but her ears and heart were closed and she passed quickly. That being said, I know she passed on to glorious happiness where she once again became aware of the true amazingness of who she really is. Anita too wanted to go on to "death", it was beautiful and filled with unconditional love, but she chose to come back to this realm to give ALL OF US a message. Some of our friends and loved ones will still die of sickness, maybe even after reading this book, but don't resent them their passing. I would think for most, the bliss of all perfection is a far greater pull than what they have just left behind. However... anyone who can, please hear the message that if we live fearlessly, give the world all of our true selves, and hold no judgements against anyone, then we can have our bliss here on earth too.

P.S. Thank you too, Mr. Wayne Dyer... you are truly a remarkable spirit. I had the pleasure of listening to Imaculee Ilibagiza speak, also last fall, and she too, just like Anita, shared her story of amazing coincidence on how you were influential on getting her book published by being "magically" in the right place at the right time. Your spirit is truly amazing as you allow the universe to bring amazing people to you, and the amazing you, to people. Thank you... you were probably my first introduction, through PBS, to the power of who we are, and you are living proof!

5.0 out of 5 stars There's hope for all of us., March 2, 2012
I have heard Anita's story before. I was looking forward to reading about it in detail. Her story is very interesting. The facts speak for themselves - either there is somewhere wonderful to go to when we die, no matter who we are and what we've done, or our minds are able to respond to conscious commands as well as the usual unconscious ones, (e.g. digestion, hormone regulation etc.), such that if we believe good health is possible, our minds are capable of doing what is necessary to reverse disease, and do it very quickly.

Since Anita's experience happened in a hospital and the facts can be verified, these seem to be the only plausible alternatives. Definitely something to think about.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book! Documented NDE that is powerful. Be Careful with the End, April 27, 2012
As a Wayne Dyer fan I read of the experiences of the Author and about her book. I was intrigued so I read it.

I thank the Author for sharing her incredible story. I loved learning about her upbringing among many cultures and the challenges it brought to her as she came of age. I loved the detail she gives of her life and when she first found out about the cancer. Her incredible journey is a lesson to us all regarding how we live our lives and whether or not there is a life after this one. If you're a doubter I would say you might just want to read this incredible book.

I couldnt put the book down through the first three quarters. Her experience with the 'next life' is well told, in incredible detail and brilliance. I found truth in her writings. The fact that her experiences with coming back to life and knowing her Doctors who she had not met and recovering clearly from lymphoma are both fascinating and enlightening. The fact they were later researched and documented by another Doctor make her credibility very high.

I personally struggled with her last three chapters of what I guess were conclusions and recommendations left me wanting a bit. It seemed redundant to me but I can say the first three quarters of the book are well worth the price. An incredible true story from a wonderful young lady and it brings so many lessons for all of us.

I categorize my books and this goes under my Life Changers!

I might end with this is not a religious book but a powerful spiritual one. There is a lesson in there too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Relax Into Your Magnificence, March 16, 2012
WOW Anita! I could end there and that would be enough. You are such a beautiful and courageous Soul. Thank you for reminding me of what is true about myself and helping me to eliminate all the falsehoods. Your book reads like poetry as you take me on a journey from a lost Soul to one who finally sees and allows their magnificence.

I'm glad that you reminded me that there was nothing that I had to do to be magnificent. I'm glad that you reminded me that I Am "all that is" and I only have to decide which part of "all that is" that I wanted to experience and then allow that energy to flow through me effortlessly.

I'm glad that you told me one of the most important things that I could do in life is to live fearlessly and to laugh often (especially at myself). I'm glad that you reminded me that when I'm happy then the whole world experiences that happiness because we are all one.

I'm glad that you reminded me that the way that I see myself will be reflected my outer world and not the other way around. In truth you reminded me that there is no "out there...out there" and there is only an "in here...in here. This encourages me always be wiling to go within when I'm seeking answers. You reminded me that I was born with the answers to all of my questions and they lie within. You freed me from ever having to seek another guru, religion, dogma, book, or coach and that when I go within that I may be led to one of these sources to help point the way but they are definitely not a necessity.

I found you at a time in my life when I "needed" you the most. I see in myself how much I've lived in fear for so many years and how that has manifested in the world that I now see. I have equated things that I have done in life to who I am and the results have been devastating. Before buying and reading the book I watched an interview with you and the thing I noticed the most is how much you smiled and laughed which is so rare in the world today. I'm now encouraged to take life more light-heartedly and to laugh more.

I appreciate you so much for sharing your story. I thank Dr. Dyer (one of my favorite authors) for helping to bring your story to the world. I felt your unconditional love for humanity burst off the pages of this book. I'm delighted you didn't give me 7 steps, 25 rules, more guidelines, more religion or more dogma to adhere to. I'm delighted that you encouraged me to just be myself and allow myself to be guided in a way that feels most natural to me. Your story allows me to tailor a plan that is specifically made for personal journey. Its been a while since I sat down and read a book from cover to cover but your book was definitely worth every second that I dedicated to reading it.

I promise that I will not just let this book be another one that collects dust on a shelf. I promise that I will use your story and words of encouragement to live my life more courageously and on purpose. I promise that I will remind myself of my magnificence even on the days when things are not going according to my plans. I promise that I will let go and let the infinity of who I am flow through and guide me to a wondrous life on planet earth. I Love You.

3.0 out of 5 stars Parts of it are great, but goes downhill, September 26, 2012
The story of Anita's NDE and healing are amazing. You can't deny the proof of her remarkable recovery; it has been heavily documented by the medical community. I found her description of the unconditional love and lack of judgement she experienced "on the other side" to be truly profound.

She lost me later in the book, when, as other reviewers said, her repetitiveness grows tiresome and so does the New Agey/Eastern philosophy-jargon. As someone with a westernized mindset I didn't even understand what she was talking about half the time during the latter part of the book. Also, I disagree with her belief that "life isn't supposed to be a struggle - we're just here to enjoy it and have fun!" I believe we are here for purposes other than just to "come here and feel good about ourselves and about life - just express ourselves and have fun with it!"

I think her suffering has molded her character for the better, in its own way. Suffering, endured with grace, is always a character builder. Suffering is just a part of life; we don't always bring it on ourselves by our failure to love ourselves and express ourselves authentically, as Anita seems to think.

It stands to reason that a woman from a privileged class who has no children or need to struggle to earn a living would think this way. Those of us who know the hardships of being broke, having kids with their endless needs to factor into every decision in life, and therefore often-draining daily responsibilities, know that life isn't really this simplistic for the average person.

Still, the NDE experience she describes and her truly remarkable recovery make at least the first half of the book worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, February 26, 2012
I just finished reading this book. It is absolutely wonderful. I saw Anita in Pasadena in October, and since then couldn't wait to get the book. It was worth the wait. She is such a beautiful, humble, 'magnificent' woman. She relates her experience in such an inspiring and uplifting way. Kudo's to her husband Danny who was by her side every step of the way, truly showing by his example how a spouse should behave during sometimes time of illness.
I'm so glad Dr. Dyer gave her a public spotlight, but I believe this story would have been made into a book even without his help.
The book itself is easy to read (I couldn't put it down), it is awesome and inspiring. I recommend it to everyone regardless of their interest in NDE's. It's a book about life, about love... it's a book for everyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok book, March 4, 2013
I only have a few issues with this book. One: There was too much repetiion and this book could have been half the pages. Two:I was a little confused as to why Anita allowed herself to undergo chemotherapy upon her coming out of the coma when she "knew she was already healed" - she said something like. "Oh, if the doctors wanted to do it, it was ok with me but I knew I really didn't need it". I mean really? Who would allow that poisen to be introducted into their bodies if they knew they didn't need it. That seemd rather "off" to me. Overall the book was good in certain areas. I always love reading about NDEs. One thing I was reminded of is obsession and fear of anything puts way to much emphasis on it and you may attract the thing you fear.

2.0 out of 5 stars Redundance, February 19, 2013
Redundant throughout. Too much focus on self actualization. Not enough information on the subject to better help understand OBE by itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Love and Wisdom, March 4, 2012
This is an amazing book written by an even more amazing woman. I highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone. So many of us are on a journey to search for life's meaning and answers to questions about earthly life and what lies ahead in the beyond. We are all on the same path, no matter what "religion" we are taught, our destination is the same....love. This is a book that I will definitely read more than once, actually many times. I have it on Kindle now, but I am looking forward to buying the print version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anita is successful in awakening the dormant guru within each one of us- Excellent Book, April 25, 2012
Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing

Anita says:"Previously, when I felt lost,one of the first things I did was to search outside for answers. I was giving my own power away again & again ".

In her book, Anita takes you for an inward journey for love, peace & happiness.You have to read the book to experience that journey !

She really inspires when she says: "We all have the capacity to heal ourselves as well as facilitate the healing of others.
When we get in touch with that infinite place within us, illness cannot remain in the body". This resonates very well with me.

Anita says "Fear" caused her Cancer. Hence her advice to "Surrender to God/Universe & live your life fearlessly". Going to the spiritual realm, she says: "I AM love was the most important lesson I learned allowing me to release all fear & that's the key that saved my life". Her practical advice is fantastic, which is to look at our every day decisions & see if they are based on Fear or Passion. She says: Quote If everything I do each day is driven by passion & zeal for living, then I am "Being" but if my actions are a result of fear, then I am in "Doing" mode. Unquote

With her book, I have no doubt that Anita will heal & transform many lives on this planet.

Thank you Anita.

Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
$24.95 $20.73
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.