Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dynamat 10007 Dyna-Roller Professional Heavy Duty Sound Deadener Installation Tool with Wood Handle and 2" Wide Rubber Roller
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 24, 2007
The dynamat roller made installing my dynamat xtreme much easier. You can even use the handle of the roller to push the material into crevacises and really smooth out pieces along edges. I probably used the handle more on the doors than the roller itself. The roller is a nice soft rubber, so it really adapts to the surface and applies good pressure to the dynamat.

I recommend wearing some sort of gloves though with this tool. After 12 straight hours of installation, my fingers had some pretty painful blisters. The wooden roller probably works well too, but I had a lot of surface contours on my car, so I choose the softer roller.
VINE VOICEon December 20, 2007
This works fairly well for making sure that the Dynamat is securely pressed against the surface, with no little air gaps that reduce its effectiveness. The rubber roller creates enough friction with the surface to stretch it into place, which is essential for working out the little gaps and air bubbles that reduce the effectiveness of the Dynamet.

The handle is plain wood, and I think a soft rubber grip would be better. It isn't very comfortable to hold.

I think it is a bit overpriced, but much more usable than the economy version. If you are trying to decide between the two, get this one. The cheaper version just doesn't work well and you'll probably end up coming back to buy the better one (as I did).
VINE VOICEon December 15, 2007
... there are other tools that work just as good, if not better, for half or even less then the price of this.

Plain and simple this is a great roller, the rubber head doesn't cut or tear into the foil backing of the sound deadening mat and really helps you put good even pressure to hard to reach areas. That and it saves wear and tear on your hands.

But like I said there are cheaper alternatives like a super cheap wallpaper seam roller (you can find some with a rubber or wooden roller) or my personal favorite a "J" roller. With the J roller you can use the roller or even the curved handle to apply pressure to the sound deadening mat. You can even use old roller skate/blade wheels.

So to recap:
Great tool
Saves your hands from a ton of wear and tear
Works great
BUT other tools/items can be had that do the same thing for much less.
I bought this four years ago to aid in applying dynamat to my car and it worked like a charm pushing the sheets into all the corners of my paneling. Its really heavy so you know that it is sturdy and the rubber is hard, however it's soft enough that it won't scratch anything that it comes in contact with. I would highly recommmend getting this if you are thinking of applying dynamat to your car.

After that, i really had no use for it until i came across some other uses:
-application of contact paper
-application of stickers/decals
-application of wallpaper

Those were just some of the things that i used this for other than what it was intended.

Overall, this is a great tool that should not be overlooked. While it does not have a lot of use outside of dynamat, it's still a great purchase.
on November 2, 2015
Recommended by Amazon to purchase with the 3M 38808 Headliner and Fabric Adhesive, I found my hand was equally or more as effective in my particular case. I am not saying you shouldn't get it as I am sure I will use it for other applications in the future, but for replacing my vehicle's headliner, it didn't add any value. It is a high quality roller and will probably last me a lifetime.
on July 16, 2011
this is a wallpaper seam roller. i bought a plastic one at lowes for 2 bucks. u can get a rubber one for 6 bucks at a hardware store. im sure this roller does work, but 13 bucks is crazy. i beat the heck out of my 2 dollar one and its still going.
on December 7, 2014
Ok first off this tool is useless unless you want to install dynamite in more than 3 cars. It really isn't hard to install dynamite by hand and most panels on a car require the finis of a finger press anyways. Big waste of money! jst use your hands I only installed it on four car panels and didn't need to waste my time or money on this product.
on February 14, 2016
Used with Dynamat Extreme installation. There are probably cheaper versions of this tool out there, but I didn't spend much time researching those. This roller works very well. I used it for a complete install of Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit (5 large sheets) for four doors and the trunk. I like the solid wood handle, the bottom end of which can be used to rub in some of the tight areas with creases. The rubber roller is consists of very firm rubber so it allows you to apply a lot of pressure to get a good seal. Despite a lot of rolling with heavy pressure, the axle did not bend or fail in any way. The length and width of this tool is just small enough to allow you to get into many tight spaces. This is a well made tool and should get you through many applications if you do this job on multiple vehicles. You may need to use your fingers for finishing off the edges of Dynamat in areas where you can't reach with the tool - be sure to wear gloves when you do so as Dynamat edges are sharp aluminum. I used leather yard gloves and they worked great.
on June 6, 2016
ok for large flat surfaces but most of my Jeep was not that. So, I used the curved butt of a box cutter mostly. This roller is like a stage one flattener to get part of it to stick. Then you really need to bear into it and while you can do that with the edge, it's really better to use something rounded for that. I should also mention that using a box cutter maybe isn't the smartest thing to do since all that friction can slightly open the blade and it did several times. Luckily no major injuries.
on June 1, 2016
I just had to leave a review of this roller. I LOVE this roller. Don't be confused, I'm not talking "sorta-like" I'm talking "BFF - lets move in together". Lets start with the business end - the roller. Like most, if not all rollers, this roller rolls. The gray part rotates freely in a forward direction and with the application of a different muscle group in the arm, will actually rotate freely in the revere direction as well! - I know - weird, right? but super useful. I estimated the rolling resistance coefficient to be within norms for a roller of this size but when I bench-marked it against leading rollers, it actually did better by a factor of 6-8% - MIND-BLOWN. The handle is made from a nice wood, no doubt a green-grown renewable forest lumber.

It did the job - Dynamat install. The handle is perhaps a tad small really, but workable. The metal roller attachment points on both sides do stick out a bit, so getting to some edges was more difficult, but again, not overly burdensome. I'd have preferred a roller with a pin to one side only - like a paint roller. Otherwise, it seems quite robust.

See 1 answered question