5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. Exactly as expected.
Published on July 26, 2010 by nobreakspace

1.0 out of 5 stars Mine did not last long, at all!
Published 17 months ago by Roughdraft214

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. Exactly as expected., July 26, 2010
nobreakspace (washington, dc) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dynamic Collections Unscented 12-Hour Votive Candle 30-Pack: White (1.4" X 1.8") (Misc.)
I've had a box of these candles on the shelf for at least a year and I keep the link in one of my wish lists. I just happened to click the link the other day and found a reviewer only gave the candles 3 stars and said they burn down more than 3/4 in an hour. I was shocked that this might be true ('cause I hate buying crap) so I broke open the box and starting testing a candle. Over a 4 day period (including, conveniently, a power outage on the 4th day) the candle burned 10.75 hours. I burned it .5 hours the first day, 2 hours the 2nd, 3.25 hours the third, and 5 hours the 4th day until it died. I did not use a votive holder (I used an empty tuna fish tin) so some wax escaped and pooled out around the candle -- so I would expect that in a votive holder the candle would have produced another hour of flame. I don't know what the other reviewer was doing with his candle, but I'm happy to say that these candles are as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, long burning, September 28, 2010
I bought 150 of these for my daughter's wedding. They burn slowly and brightly and were just perfect for our event.

4.0 out of 5 stars Old Skool Utility Candles, November 11, 2010
Great little candles. I used them for Halloween in outdoor jack-o-lanterns, witch jars, ceramic luminaria, and a turnip lantern.

I used cheapo tea-lights last year and ended up having to run out to re-light them every 20 minutes or so.

These votives were relatively cheap, and lasted all night with limited problems. They don't stay lit in tight spaces, or where there is not enough airflow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Votive Candles, November 3, 2011
These were just as they said....12 hours, although I didn't need them to burn that long. I purchased these for my sons wedding and they were lit at 7:00 in the evening and were still lit at 1:00 AM and most have more life to them, so I will use them at my home. Very pleased and will order these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars 12 hours indeed!, January 20, 2012
My order came 3 days quicker then the estimate delivery date. Fast delivery!! These candles are very small. Smaller then I imagined. So I set one out on a nice little tin cap that is used for paper clips. It fit perfectly. Lit and set the candle in a safe high spot and just forgot about it. Probably not a good idea, but I did! Left the house once and wrote the time i blew it out, and also wrote the time i returned home and lit it. The candle lasted about 20 minutes longer then the 12 hour mark. I'm impressed!! Now to just put them away and wait for an emergency use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mine did not last long, at all!, June 15, 2013
I bought these in the event of a power outage. I experienced one last night that started around 2 a.m. I lit the first candle at that time and it was pretty much gone within two hours. I lit the next one at 4 a.m. and went to bed. When I woke up at 10 a.m. (the power had not come back on) the candle was burned out. I am going to light some just to test it, but I have cheap candles I buy for $2 that are supposed to last 3.5 to 4 hours. I bought these because of the 12 hour rating. Reading other reviews, others say they last anywhere between 6-10 hours, but mine were more like 2-4.

5.0 out of 5 stars blount88, November 16, 2012
great product, i keep 60 stacked in a 50cal ammo can. with matches incase of power outage. these are great candles, people cry and cry about burn time... they will burn 12 hours in a closed room. these arent candles to burn outside in wind for 12 hours... if your looking for emergency candles or long burning home candles this is what you want...

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite 12 hours, more like 8, May 14, 2012
I tested these twice. Once in a Votive candle holder that held the wax in so that it would all burn down fully. Second test was in a bigger candle holder where the wax ran just a bit. Both times I got about 8 hours.

I did this test against these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D8QJXK/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00 a 10 hour votive candle. The 12 hour ones are physically bigger and do give out a just a bit more light (purely subjective evaluation). The 10 hour candles burned about 30 - 45 min longer.

The 12 hour candles had a very fixed wick and it seemed part of the candle. The 10 hour ones seem to have a drilled out center with the wick inserted.

Nice candles, but not 12 hour ones...more like 8.

1.0 out of 5 stars Candles wax is too soft, March 15, 2013
The candles are supposed to burn for 12 hours. If you put them in a normal volitive holder they melt very fast and drown the wick. If you put them on a plate or big holder they melt and the wick burns a hole in the center to the point where it burns out in about 6 hours. The body of the candle should have a composition that is in balance with the burn rate of the wick.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well, the box I received did not say "12 HOUR" on it... so I was curious and, did a test..., September 9, 2014
Well, the box I received did not say "12 HOUR" on it... so I was curious and, did a test with one candle. I chose to light one at 8:30pm and placed it in a glass votive holder that was larger than the candle and away from any windows or vents to keep the candle from flickering and possibly decreasing it's total burn time. I regularly checked up on the candle throughout the night (having insomnia apparently is good for somethings..) and at just after 4:30am I decided to blow out the small remainder of candle as the wick was just swimming in a little wax puddle. So, I would rate these candles as having a burn time of 8 hours.

If you are OK with that, (8 hrs vs. 12 hrs) than order up as the price is good, they are unscented and easy to store for nights w/out electricity or if needed for an event.

btw, I also posted some pics of the box label and the glass votive holder used in the test.