4.0 out of 5 stars 12" del king ther w/5" MF and Dual airflow
Published on March 7, 2007 by Susan L. Smeltzer

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!!
Before purchasing, I asked Dynasty Mattress where their mattresses were made. Tony at Dynasty Mattress said they had both USA and China mattresses. I asked for one made in USA.

Published on October 22, 2010 by L. Wheeler

4.0 out of 5 stars 12" del king ther w/5" MF and Dual airflow, March 7, 2007
This review is from: DynastyMattress King 12" w/5" 5LB Density Viscoelastic Memory Foam Mattress (Kitchen)
We ordered this mattress from Sleepshop and it came exactly on the day indicated in excellent condition. Remember you have to be there to sign for it. We were prepared to send it back without opening if there was any damage as this is the only way Sleepshop will replace it without additonal costs if there is a problem. Once it is decompressed and you want to send it back, you have to pay the shipping (it weighs 98 lbs) and a 20% restocking fee!! It was fine so we took it in the house, unwrapped it and let it regain its shape.

We have been sleeping on the bed for a month now and like it very much. Don't use a mattress pad as it makes it hard for the memory foam to heat up and conform to your shape. It took me about a week to get used to sleeping on the bed before it felt comfortable. The 12" w/ 5" of memory foam is considered a plush bed for side sleepers. The 10"/3" of MF is considered firm and for back sleepers, keep this in mind when buying. If you want a firm bed, don't get the 12". I got this information by calling Sleepshop. I found them a bit reticent to give me much information. In fact I felt like I had to pry it out of the person. They were not volunteerng anything, that's for sure. Consequently, read the warantee information and the refund information carefully.

The reason I am rating this mattress as a 4 instead of 5 stars is the smell. It has a very strong chemical smell. It's almost gone now but has taken a month and I have twice now stripped the bed, sprayed it with Fabreeze and left it under a fan with the windows open to help dissapate the smell. I will probably need to do this one or two more times to get rid of the smell completely. So if you are sensative to such things, don't get this mattress as it will probably bother you.

Also, I paid $599 for it in Feb 07 and now I see it is listed at $750 here on Amazon. That's too much especially as you have to deal with the smell. Evidently they have sales so I'd wait for one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!!, October 22, 2010

When we opened it up there were no tags or papers with or on the mattress; i.e., unpacking instructions, warranty, composition of materials, or country of origin. The memory foam top layer on this mattress was only 2 3/4 - 3" thick, not the 5" advertised. I checked, and it was not the 5.3lb density foam, but the lighter 3lb density foam. Also, the cover was not a four-way zipper, but opened on only one side. The material was like a sheet. Looking at the pictures on Amazon, this was not in the original packaging, meaning it could have been a return. The shipping weight was 82lbs, not 110lbs, meaning the components were much lighter than what I bought. I said this mattress would have to be returned, and not at my expense.

They claimed the mattress sent was actually better than the one advertised, which was completely untrue. They agreed to send the correct mattress, which they did, but wanted me to try to sell the other one for them! I said no, I wasn't a mattress salesman, and that they would have to arrange to have it picked up, packed, and shipped back. They then offered it to me for a greatly reduced price. After I said I still didn't want it, they said to keep it.

The "correct" one they sent had a smell that lasted for about five weeks. One side was slightly rounded instead of straight. The cover, which looked like a Tempur-Pedic, was the nicest part. It never fully conformed to body contours, making it feel unduly firm. I sold it after six months and bought a Tempur-Pedic Rhapsody. While it was much more expensive, it was worth it in sleep comfort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my god!, February 5, 2010
I am a physician who specializes in back pain and have reviewed the literature on back pain and mattresses. I found the most persuasive review in Consumer Reports. They could not give a clear recommendation but said to go to a store and lie on each side for five minutes. This was the best predictor of satisfaction one month down the line. I liked the Tempur Pedic for 3000 dollars at Bon Ton but wondered if the price was excessive. So I did a Wikepedia on viscoelastic foam and was impressed with the specs of this mattress offered on Amazon at 750 bucks!!! It has five inches of five pound density foam-please refer to Wiki article so I took a chance. Now the men with white gloves do not come to the door and take the old mattress away and if you feel that 2,250 bucks is worth it then this is not the one for you. I came home to find a box in my garage. I took the vacuum pack upstairs and bent it into shape, I couldn't wait. After two hours the mattress was ready. NO SMELL!!! There was NO SMELL!!! After trying it out it felt the same as the 3000 dollar mattress. I love you amazon. I love you Dynasty!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mattress, great price-1 year later still love it!, May 11, 2009
L. Pajot (United States) - See all my reviews
UPDATED 12/2012 - This mattress is amazing. Still no depressions where we sleep, and we are extra heavy folks! Our old regular mattress broke down and depressed where we slept in the 1st couple years! So this is way better. So comfy!

Updated 4/2012, We have now been sleeping on this for 3 Years now, and still love it. No depressions in the foam. no complaints at all.

Old review is still completely true:
It did take a few days for my partner to get used to it, but she'd been sleeping on an old mattress that more resembled a bowl to sleep in then a flat mattress. So once she got used to the whole mattresses are flat thing everything was great. I have a bad back and pressure points that are inflamed. The mattress feels very firm, but I have been quite comfortable and experience less pain.
So far we have no deformities in the foam that stay. It reforms to the original flat shape a while after getting up. We love it!!

In fact the only problem we had was figuring out which way to let it unroll, so it would fit the bed frame... since king size is almost square, but not quite, LOL.

It is extremely heavy, and hard to move once puffed up, so keep that in mind and unroll it where it will belongs and will stay.

Will come back in a few months and give an update on how the mattress keeps it shape. The seller did respond to my question on that regard by only mentioning the 10 year warranty.
As I said above, 3 years later, no problems. No depressions forming.
The only thing I would say is I kinda wish we'd gotten the thicker one with the softer top foam. It isn't a hard mattress, just firm. And does compress more as the mattress warms up underneath you. Its just very firm until then.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth The Purchase. TempurPedic Killer!, March 25, 2010
I did many hours of research on Memory Foam mattresses. It got to the point where I was just ready to spend the $2,600 and get a TempurPedic mattress. I am glad that I did not do that. I decided since I am a loyal Amazon buyer to take all the feedback from the honest buyers on this site and trust that I would make a good decision about a mattress. IT PAYED OFF. I know that I have not been on this mattress long but the last 4 nights have been amazing. I used to toss and turn about 5-6 times a night waking up and going back to bed. That is not normal - Now on this mattress waking up once a night is the most! I have had the best sleep ever and it is the best mattress (and purchase) that I have made in a long time. I did all the research about the fake Japanese companies that are making memory foam that does not last. I could not pass with the 10 Year 100% warranty and then the extra 10 year at a lower value. If I get 10 years sleeping on this waking up once a night I feel like I got ripped of paying what I did. I got the mattress that had a little more foam in it. I wanted it to be a little more dense and got just what I wanted. I am 6'7" and 180 lbs and my wife is little. We both sleep excellent on this and I am no longer having and sleeping pain in my back. I know that I have only had this for a short time but it is the best mattress I have ever had. Do not hesisitate to get this.

PS - There was only a little chemical smell when I opened mine. Was gone in a day!

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could really get it all @ < 450$, November 4, 2012
Sunny (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Yeah, all of you who are reading this review are probably looking for a heavens like sleep that you probably felt somewhere on a Tempur pedic or at an another memory foam mattress! This was my second memory foam mattress from Amazon (the first one was from sleepwell innovations). Specs says 5.5 lbs memory foam density and all the 11 inches( or was it more) height etc etc... I wish I had made a video of this mattress before I sent it back... I dont know about others' standard of evaluating a memory foam mattress (when they gave 5 stars to this product) but for me - it meant one simple thing - a cloud like feeling when I sleep on it and a refreshing feeling in the morning. Well I didn't get it from this one. This one has a dampened softening effect - although it feels firmer than other memory foam mattress but when you actually lay down on it - it sinks from all directions in a rubber like manner. And its not like I decided it on my first night - I tried it for 25 days before I knew its too much! I am 30 year old male and weigh around 140 lbs and its not like that my whole life revolves around a mattress and that I am super choosy or finicky about household stuff. My first purchase of a memory foam mattress was from amazon too and that was from sleepwells innovations - that was only 3.3 lbs density but to tell you the truth that was much much better than this one. And was cheaper too - actually that was the mattress that made me believe that it is actually possible to get a mattress close to tempur pedic cloud in 1/10th of price (when I say close it means around 60% maybe)... but the downside with that mattress was that it started lumping after 6 months (at which time I sold it), but for the 6 months it lasted, it was much better than this mattress.

I would suggest if you want to go for a good solution (and still less than tempur pedic) go for simmons beautyrest hybrid models.

One important thing - I read it in many reviews that once you open it - its almost impossible to send it back! I dont think so - I called amazon and told them I was unsatisfied with this product and they arranged for a pick up from my house (once again excellent service from Amazon) - all I had to do was to buy a string and packaging tape (cost me 15$) from home depot and I wrapped it (not like vaccuum wrapped but just a double fold) inside the same plastic bag it came in, with the help of string and tape and the UPS guys came and took it away! As simple as that.
The only thing is, you should not wait for more than 30 days - because that is when Amazon's responsibility ends and sellers responsibility begins (and trust me you dont want to deal with anyone but Amazon). Hope this helps to all those guys who have wasted more than 10 hours already trying to decide whether to buy it or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, best sleep in years., November 1, 2008
I am very pleased with this mattress. I have back problems and always wake up with a backache, but this mattress has solved that. I'm a side sleeper and this mattress has helped alot. It came within a week from [...] which I thought was pretty fast shipping for such a big item. I do recommend you check his website first before you buy because it is [...] cheaper there, but since I had already purchased on Amazon he did give me a little discount refund. The mattress seemed very firm at first because I was used to sleeping on a very thick pillowtop, but i adjusted the first night and realized it is a comfortable firm feel that hugs around you. Also, don't believe all the talk about a horrible smell. We slept on it the very first night with no problems. Sure it has a little smell at first, but not nearly as severe as a lot of reviews say. We love this mattress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Mattress, January 31, 2010
Had the mattress for a little over a month.
I live in two places and have a Tempurpedic King
at the other place. Had that one for 10 years and like it very much.
Bought this one for the other place and love it! Every bit as good!
It is a little firm, but foam breaks in after a while.
From the other reviews about the smell, all memory foam smells
when you first get it. You need to air it out for a week or two
and the smell goes away. You won't get sick, I have done this twice.
It is well worth it as once you get by this, you are going to
sleep like your 15 again! Welcome back to dream land....
I want to see the vacuum system they use to flatten this for shipping.
Must be impressive,as it is flat as a pancake when you get it.
Very cool watching it expand for several hours.
But it does and it sleeps just as good as the much more expensive Tempurpedic.
I do not right many reviews, but felt this product deserved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this mattress..., October 9, 2006
MotoGPTech (San Antonio, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Ordered this mattress even though I didn't have any experience with memory foam mattresses. It arrived within a matter of days, I cut off the plastic and let it "inflate", I couldn't be happier. This mattress was for a weekend condo, I bought it just to try out memory foam mattresses and because of the price compared to a conventional mattress. I'm getting great sleep on it, planning on replacing my conventional mattress which cost about twice as much with another one of these mattresses. Very pleased with the product and the speed of shipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sleep I've ever had., July 11, 2009
I've slept on TempurPedic mattresses and I notice NO difference between them and this mattress, except for a couple of thousand dollars on the price tag. The mattress comes in a 100 lb. shrink wrapped tube which needs a couple of hours to inflate to its natural size. Be very careful while cutting open the plastic wrap because your damaging the mattress isn't covered by the excellent warranty, according to this warranty the mattress is only supposed to lose 10% of its shape within the first ten years of ownership -> for this price, that's hard to believe.

As of now, I've owned this mattress for 2 months and have never slept better. I used to toss and turn a lot during the night, but now I end up waking in the same position in which I fell asleep. I have back problems and as a direct result of this bed, I hate going anywhere on vacation because I cannot sleep on this mattress.

I've noticed that there are several complaints about the strong smell of chemicals that come out of this mattress when it's unpacked. I noticed a strong smell when I unwrapped the mattress at noon when it came in, but it was not a problem by bedtime the same night. So unless you have severe asthma or some other kind of respiratory problem, the smell of the mattress shouldn't be the slightest nuisance. This is BY FAR one of the best purchases I've ever made.

It can only be described as MAGICAL.