- Brand Name: Dynex
- Model Number: DX-ECFW
Dynex Firewire 800 Expresscard Adaptor
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Fully compliant with Express Card specification
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Here are my steps:
1. Insert card in express card slot - software/driver will be loaded automatically.
2. Change the installed driver to LEGACY and reboot your system. This may be enough for some people for their device to run. To change to the legacy driver:
a. Go to device manager
b. Find the 1394 controller and right click to update driver
c. Select to browse your computer for driver software
d. Then select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
e. This is where you're given the list that includes the LEGACY driver - select and then reboot your system.
3. After reboot attach your camera to the card using the firewire 1394a slot.
4. Turn on your camera giving the card/computer about 30 seconds to recognize the camcorder. At this point my computer DID NOT
recognize my device.
5. If your camcorder is not recognized, remove the firewire cable from the camcorder leaving the other end in the card slot.
6. Attach a USB cord (if your device has a USB port) to an available USB slot on your computer and then to the USB port on your camcorder.
7.Read more ›
I connected two different DV camcorders and an external FireWire drive. All of these units operated under their own power and (according to the Dynex manual) therefore did not need the additional 12V power supply for the card. None of them were passed through to the operating system even though Vista correctly recognized the card itself.
What's worse, e-mails to Dynex requesting assistance were sent without a single response.
It's nice that other reviewers had good or decent luck with their cards. Unfortunately, I can only review on what happened to me, which tells me to recommend that you stay away from this item especially when the company doesn't respond to their e-mails.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great card, great price. Nothing much more to say. I got it for my Canon EOS 1DS and it has been perfect for it.Published 23 months ago by Chris Mahoney
Used this on my MacBook Pro to connect several external Firewire drives and also my Firepod audio interface for recording. Read morePublished on January 8, 2014 by Richard S.
Very flimsy when it sticks out of the side of the computer and required an additional power supply to workPublished on June 21, 2013 by Rick Engman
Ive looked EVERYWHERE for a barrel size DC power supply to fit this thing, FAIL. Spend the extra $30 and get a card that works, because THIS ONE DOESNT :P Sorry, I know cheap stuff... Read morePublished on June 5, 2013 by Anthony G. Wike
Lacie hard drives are firewire leaving my USB's for something else in my laptop. Love the speed without issues. I would recommend to a friend.Published on April 23, 2013 by J. silva
My old Intel Core Duo MacBook got a new lease on life thanks to this handy adaptor. Would be great if it were 2x 800 instead of 1x 400 + 1x 800, but hey the extra 400 has actually... Read morePublished on February 4, 2013 by JMC
Update: The issue I had was with a 1394a cable. I purchased a 1394b cable and it seems to work without any issues. Read morePublished on September 1, 2012 by D. Durham