Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dysfunctional Romance!
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

on August 14, 2012
I loved this book, a tale two characters both plagued with a multitude of phobias, idiosyncrasies and eccentricities. The hero Barry and the object of his affection, Sandra both collide on a fateful day whilst they are trying to avoid stepping on the cracks in the pavements. It is little quirks like this that lots of people, myself included, do, that makes this book really believable. The book is fast paced, fun and the author cleverly conveys the depth of lust and love that this oddball couple have for each other. Despite their obsessive personalities both Barry and Sandra are really likeable and I couldn't put the book down wanting to know what would happen next and hoping everything would work out for them. The author has a great talent for writing about human nature in a humorous way and the message that came across is such a lovely and positive one - that for every person, however strange they may be, there is the perfect match for them they just need to take a leap of faith.
I would highly recommend this book and will be watching out for more books from Derick Hudson in the future.
on May 31, 2012
From the moment I read the blurb on this one, I knew I had to snag a copy. I wasn't disappointed. Derick Hudson keeps you engaged and interested the whole way through. Barry and Sandra are both so lovably quirky and odd, you can't help but cheer them on. A bit over the top at times, but an enjoyable ride overall. The entire cast of characters shines in this novel, everyone of them guaranteed to keep you smiling, cheering, and sometimes, laughing out loud. Curl up on the sofa with a nice cup of tea, or lounge on the beach with a frosty beverage; it doesn't matter where you read this one. Just read it. You'll be so glad you did.
on June 12, 2012
"Dysfunctional Romance" is exactly that and so much more. This book had me laughing from the first page to the last, causing me to wonder if anyone is truly "normal" or if everyone suffers from a touch of dysfunctional something in some way or another. Some people are simply wackier than others, and Barry and Sandra lead the dysfunctional parade, followed by every wacky character in this book. I'm hoping for a sequel to learn how this lovely looney couple survives family life, and to see what becomes of the children. I recommend this book to anyone who needs to laugh at the antics of others attempting to survive this crazy world we share. If you don't mind some steamy dysfunctional sex scenes and a fare amount of profanity, this book is for you. Be prepared to laugh out loud even when you're alone reading the book in pubic. Go on, get the book. You're going to love it.
on April 30, 2014
Wow, just finished reading Dysfunctional Romance and all I can say is hats off to Derick Hudson for another hit!! This book is full of crazy phobias, and actually managed to make me feel better about my OCD lol. I absolutely loved Sandra and Barry from the start, they are a crazy cool couple with some really strange ways that kept me cracking my side from laughing so hard. I also found best friend Rebecca quite comical as well. I found it really easy to follow each character, and the story was beautifully written. I loved it when they went to Jamaica…hilarious!! And the birth was CLASSIC!! If you’re looking for a story of budding relationship, love, marriage, wacky dogs, cute love birds and tons of humor, then this book is perfect!! Time for Dysfunctional Romance, “The Break up!”
on October 25, 2013
This is the funniest, heartwarming story I've ever read. I have fast come to the conclusion that Derick Hudson is not simply a great writer but a great story teller. By that, I mean he weaves such wonderfully real characters into a superbly written plot. Good character formation is where many authors come unstuck. Not Derick Hudson. The man is a genius! To date, I've read Asphyxia, Unholy Romance and now Dysfunctional Romance. His latest, Infallible, is sitting on my table having been delivered today. I can't rate these books, or their author, highly enough. Brilliant reading.
on September 3, 2012
Somehow Derick Hudson has portrayed two complete OCD oddballs with such empathy and wit that you laugh your way uproariously through their various fiascos while at the same time enthusiastically cheering for their triumphs.

Hovering underneath the zany comedy are some tender truths and worthy life lessons. One that comes to my mind is that maybe it should be mandatory for people with such afflictions to pair up ... how could a "normal" person possibly live with a sidewalk crack-avoider or an untouchable screamer? In the book there is an offbeat lesson about Lotteries. No spoiler here ... you have to read it.

A fabulously written story, it makes you barrel through the pages as Sandra and Barry bumble along surviving one loopy adventure after another. This is a light, funny and fast read that leaves you with a very upbeat feeling.
on July 25, 2012
Dysfunctional Romance was a funny book about two quirky characters with OCD, panic attacks and anxiety. I could totally relate:) I love how Barry and Sandra meet. I laughed a lot reading this book.
on July 27, 2012
The perfect read for a giggle and a smile!! Just the right balance of romance, life and dysfunction!! No matter what side of the "big puddle" you r on - all people are the same! Imperfect and wonderful and this author has managed to present them in just the right light!!! Thank you for a great read and I highly recommend this little story to anyone who has a sense of humor and an appreciation for life's little "jokes"!
on December 2, 2012
This story started out with me literally laughing out loud and I kept spontaneously doing that while reading the first third of the book. Derick Hudson's writing is witty and full of spunk and I didn't want to put the book down which typically yields a 5-star rating from me. It was fun to watch characters Barry and Sandra, each with their own cocktail of neuroses, navigate their way through daily life just barely hanging on by a thin thread. It was an amusing treat to see them literally crash into each other and begin a new relationship that was certainly bound to be trying, funny, stressful and definitely out of the ordinary.

The story line started to plateau in the middle of the book and the focus seemed to be more on Barry's disorders whereas at the beginning of the book both characters' tics were told with equal attention. There were a couple of little pokes in the plot to add some excitement to our couple's new life together but the end of the story fizzled a bit. Here we have a very charismatic couple and I was hoping that the end of the story would be equally unique to their personalities, but it just wasn't. And that was disappointing to me.

There is a light dusting of typographical errors throughout the story that an editor or a proofreader should have picked up.

I'm giving Dysfunctional Romance! 4 stars because it's different, fresh and I really liked the author's voice. I just wish he could have kept me laughing out loud and not wanting to put the book down for the entire story.
on December 10, 2012
When reading this book the Dr. Seuss quote about being weird and finding someone else weird comes to mind. The characters are quirky yet seem to be made for one another. There were a few laugh out loud moments and a few that made me cringe. Overall a good book with interesting characters.