5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER
THIS IS A GREAT TOOL FOR: 1. CLEANING CONDENSER COIL ON HEATING & COOLING
UNITS ON FURNANCES.(used only when condensers are dry)
2. CLEANING THE RIDGE ON FLOOR BASEBOARDS.
3. VACUUM INSIDE THE AUTO.
4. IN BETWEEN APPLIANCES AND FURNITURE.
Published on January 15, 2008 by G. T. Clark

3.0 out of 5 stars somewhat useful tool has its drawbacks
Published on November 22, 2006 by Alma Jill Dizon

3.0 out of 5 stars somewhat useful tool has its drawbacks, November 22, 2006
This review is from: Dyson 36 Flexi Crevice Tool (Kitchen)
I originally was only intending to get the flexi crevice tool. Luckily, I bought some others, too, that ended up being worth the whole experience. The problems with this tool are 2-fold. First, it's not nearly as flexible as I need as it doesn't actually bend but is only just not completely stiff. Second, the bristle end quickly gets clogged with dog hair and dust, so that I have to keep clearing it. With as many dogs as we do and a continual battle with black widow spiders (the messiest webs around), I'm still depending heavily on the regular crevice tool and then going back over with flexi crevice tool when cleaning under and behind appliances. But difficult angles, such as a semi-flush ceiling lamp, still elude me without getting all the way up on a ladder.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER, January 15, 2008
THIS IS A GREAT TOOL FOR: 1. CLEANING CONDENSER COIL ON HEATING & COOLING
UNITS ON FURNANCES.(used only when condensers are dry)
2. CLEANING THE RIDGE ON FLOOR BASEBOARDS.
3. VACUUM INSIDE THE AUTO.
4. IN BETWEEN APPLIANCES AND FURNITURE.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too flexible, May 9, 2007
Pat (Show Low, AZ, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson 36 Flexi Crevice Tool (Kitchen)
I'm using this tool unextended mostly. It's a little longer than the crevice tool that came with my DC21 canister, so it works for some uses. The flexible part is too floppy and kinks shut if bent too far. Also the little brush for the end is almost worthless. Get a little cat fur in it, and it clogs instantly and is difficult to unclog. I took the brush off. I don't understand why the Dyson crevice tools have holes in the opening. It would seem to me that dust would blow right out. I emailed them, got a canned reply that they'd get right back to me, and never heard from them again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite What I Expected, April 26, 2010
This review is from: Dyson 36 Flexi Crevice Tool (Kitchen)
On my old vacuum I used my crevice tool every time I cleaned - under the stove, under the fridge, sofa, etc. So when I saw that the dyson came only with what I would consider to be a mini crevice tool, I ordered this flexible one. It sounded great in the description and I thought it would be very useful. Well, I'm much less impressed than I thought I'd be. I used it once and my opinion is that it really isn't flexible. The "flexi" part is made of rubber - similar to one of those black rubber tie-downs with the hoods on each end. When you flex it, it bends completely shutting off air-flow. Since it pinches off, I don't consider this flexible. I expect flexible attachments to bend without interferring with the performance of the product. This tool sits in my cleaning closet now very rarely used. A side note - its in my cleaning closet because there is no way to attach it to the vacuum itself. :( Not what I expected from a Dyson.

2.0 out of 5 stars You need really wide crevices to use this tool., November 19, 2010
Nanny (Long Island, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson 36 Flexi Crevice Tool (Kitchen)
After using my new Dyson vacuum cleaner and seeing how incredibly well it works, I was really disappointed in all of the accessory tools I purchased with it...including this one. First of all, they are all quite awkward to use. The hose is too short and the wand piece is cumbersome and just does not feel right in your hand. The crevice tool looks like it would be very useful, especially with the suction power of the vacuum and the cool looking retractable bristles. But it is way too wide to use in most areas you would need to use a crevice tool. Even when you retract the bristles it is still too wide for the narrow places where one would need this type of tool. Considering the innovation of the vacuum itself, and how well it works, I was very surprised that the accessory tools would be as mediocre (at best) as they are. And they are certainly not inexpensive either. A lot of money for such poor performance. Dyson should definitely consider redesigning this part of their line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look out dust balls!, January 31, 2011
This review is from: Dyson 36 Flexi Crevice Tool (Kitchen)
Reaching behind and alongside and underneath refrigerators, freezers and other appliances will never again be an issue with this tool. Great for above doorways and sucking up spiders. : ) Good quality.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dyson Large Crevice Tool, February 19, 2009
This review is from: Dyson 36 Flexi Crevice Tool (Kitchen)
I bought this after reading mixed reviews.I used it to clean out the car and I would give it a mixed review also.Not perfect but not useless.When extended the black rubber middle section can close cutting the suction off, so you have to watch how you hold it.I worked well for cleaning out parts of the car.I would have given it 5 stars if you could completely remove the end piece and not just the rubber brush head. I found the width of the tool head to be too wide to clean between the seat and console or that area between the bottom of the car seat and the carpet when you have the door open .

1.0 out of 5 stars THAT PICTURE IS A FAKE. IT'S INFLEXIBLE, April 9, 2009
This review is from: Dyson 36 Flexi Crevice Tool (Kitchen)
USELESS AND INFLEXIBLE. Dont let that picture mislead you. The photo is fake, and worse yet emphasized by an angled shadow. It's impossible for that photo to have been taken. the fake picture misled me to believe that I could vacuum door ledges, moldings at ceilings, etc. It bends only if you hold it, but if you let go it straightens up and is inflexible. What a piece of junk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great with DC25 upright, January 15, 2012
C. G. King (Horse Country, VA USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Dyson 36 Flexi Crevice Tool (Kitchen)
When vacuuming baseboards and such behind furniture this tool works perfectly, flexing around to reach further, but is also great for other reasons. I truly adore my new DC25 ball multi-floor vacuum to the point that I keep thinking up other things that need cleaning. I'm not a perfect housekeeper, nor able to move heavy pieces of furniture so there is gathered dust in the recesses even if the main part of the house looks good. I had a high end upright before the Dyson that didn't even get close to the wall (advertising claims to the contrary) so I bought a Dyson handheld and had been doing the extra with that. I actually bought this Flexi Tool to use with the handheld, but found that it was a bit heavy for that and unbalanced it, so I never used it.

With the Dyson upright, it's a whole different matter. The upright has a wand and hose and a couple of on-board tools that offer lots of options, but I wasn't able to get into really tight places. By removing the wand and attaching this great tool to the hose directly and extending the flexible neck, I am able to get into awkward places that were off limits before like cleaning the chair rail behind my sideboard and the baseboard behind the dresser or the window sill behind a piece of furniture that obscures it. When the neck is not extended it's a good length crevice tool. The DC25 wand is long and is great for floor edges, ceiling corners, etc., but you need more control for closer range items like lifting the dust off an artificial flower arrangement or lamp shade so attaching this tool directly to the upright's hose is a great option. The little brush on the end of the tool can be removed too if you just want the hard end. I particularly like that when cleaning near fabric or those delicate arrangements, the air holes resulting when the brush is removed allow effective but gentle cleaning without sucking the fabric into the tool.

The rigid part of the tool (without the flexible neck extended and without the brush) is 4.5" longer than a standard crevice tool. I find this a good length so I can hold the tool in my hand rather than holding the hose and still get good reach. Not counting the attachment part that slides into the hose, the tool is 14" long. With the flexible rubber neck extended you get another 7.5". The attachment piece that came on the tool fits the DC25 perfectly but other attachment pieces came with it so it will fit other models as well. The rubber neck is straight when pulled out, but since it's rubber it will flex around corners when it is pushed into places a rigid tool couldn't go. It flexes up to about 45 degrees toward either side and somewhat less up or down.

I'm delighted that now the tool is very useful to me where it wasn't with my handheld model. I don't recommend it for the handheld, but do for the upright as it adds additional options for cleaning.

5.0 out of 5 stars dyson extension, April 5, 2009
Claudia S. Wong (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson 36 Flexi Crevice Tool (Kitchen)
This extension is great, specially to clean the corners and edges of the ceiling and the wall.

Dyson 36 Flexi Crevice Tool