Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dyson AM04 Hot + Cool Heater/Table Fan, White
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 22, 2012
I was skeptical if this would be worth the cost. I had bought and returned 3 other heaters over the past 6 weeks. My living room is not large but they had little impact. The Dyson really does a good job at distributing the heat throughout the room. Was it worth the price? Well I paid it and kept it, so I guess yes.
on October 2, 2014
Beware - Costco is selling the AM04, an outdated model that dyson doesn't show any longer on their website. There was a recall on the 04 and 05 in June 2014. It was safety related with a heater problem. I'm not sure why this is being sold other than there must have been excess from those made after the recall or in stock and fixed. I'm not saying these are unsafe or there is anything wrong necessarily them. There are just outdated. I bought one at Costco for about $270. When I got home I started looking at the reviews and its history. Then I realized there are better, more up to date models available for the same price or less. I took mine back the next day and ordered an 06 from Bed Bath Beyond. The price was the lowest I found, including on here. The 06 is a great fan, and I didn't need a heater anyway.
66 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2011
I purchased this heater from my employer, as I get a nice discount during the holidays...It was the only way I could justify spending that much on a heater. Also, who wouldn't want such an attractive space heater?

The heater is really easy to operate, looks really nice, and has some really well thought out features. It's one of the few space heaters that I've used that has a well-working thermostat. The heater will bring our bedroom, or living room to the set temperature in a matter of minutes, and works really well at keeping the temperature consistent.

My two minor complaints with this heater are as follows. First, during the night it will turn on and blast me with cold air until the heating element kicks in. It actually tries to not kick up the fan until the heat is on, but even on low you will feel the cold air moving on you. this has woken me up a few times, and I just started aiming it away from my general direction. The only other complaint I have is that it dries out the air a lot, and quickly. I don't know if it is my imagination or not, but this heater seams to dry out the room way faster than my old space heater.

Other than these few minor issues, the heater has been amazing and I highly recommend it.
on February 3, 2013
I got this for my mom while she was recovering from surgery at my house. She was always cold. I am always hot. She turns the heater up. I sweat. I turn the heater down. She shivers. To cheer her up from surgery I had her room painted and redecorated it. The Dyson heater definitely has the design quality to contribute to the modern design. The function is phenomenal. From her bed she uses the remote to change the temperature, the fan speed, the movement from side to side. We don't have to worry that the little kitties and dogs will injure themselves on a hot surface or in swirling blades. The heater warms the room from 40 F to 80 F in about a minute. I could not be happier with this outstanding product. My gas bill is brilliant as keeping one room warm for the patient is way cheaper than running the whole house heater to keep every room warm. I saved the price of the Dyson in one month.

Did I measure volts and wattage and compare statistics between multiple brands - no. It's a freaking room heater. I have other things to do. But thank you to the people who do take the time to provide those details - I do appreciate your work and information! Or I would if I had more time. But mom is warm. Room looks gorgeous with the fabulous Dyson heater/fan. Gas bill is down by triple digits. I absolutely love this heater. It is so gorgeous and does such a terrific job. Love love love my Dyson. Love it. Have even stopped fighting over the house temperature. Pain reigns at home once again. If they need a new name, I would call it 'The Peacemaker' for the harmony it brought to our home.
on April 14, 2015
I haven't had a chance to use the heater function, but it works well in fan-only mode. The air flow is a smooth, constant stream. The oscillation feature is quiet and effective, and the remote is very handy. The fan does sit low to the ground and is not particularly tall, so you need to place it on a piece of furniture if you want it to blow on you while are on a bed or other elevated platform.
on February 14, 2015
Two types of environmental comfort for the price of one. Heating is thermostat controlled and cool air is obtained by lowering the thermostat to 32 degrees.
My room has two Dyson fans , the regular floor fan and the Dyson hot and cool .
on April 14, 2015
Another excellent value. I already had a Dyson bladeless fan and I wanted a heater but I always thought they were overpriced. This remanufactured model is as new with a warranty for a reasonable cost. Tried it on a chilly evening and it heated our downstairs in about 5 minutes, our previous small ceramic heater took almost 20 minutes to raise the temperature as much.
on April 15, 2015
The sound of operating is a little bit noisy. The wind is not strong as expected, so you have to move the fan close you when the weather is cold. But the ability to control the temperature is excellent. You can change the temp immediately and no much pre-heat time.
on October 29, 2015
Works awesome as a desk fan. Doesn't blow my papers all over but gives an awesome breeze. Heater works very well. Takes about 10 seconds to switch to heat, which it states in directions, but once it switches it is a very high heat instantly. Definitely worth the refurb price for anyone looking for a great desk fan. Added bonus, entire office stopped by to admire fan. Only very minor scuffs on my unit.
on December 3, 2013
This really does warm up a room nicely, and quietly, so it's great to use while you're sleeping. I set it on the lowest setting before I go to bed and the thermostat is fantastic -- I never wake up too cool or too hot. It also doesn't seem to dry out the air as much as heaters that work at higher temperatures. I bought a certified refurbished model for half the list price and that has worked out well.