5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for my studio apartment
Published 13 months ago by Max Vasilatos

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too Noisy
I'm a fan of Dyson, but not of the Dyson fan.

In simple terms, it is WAY too noisy, to the point that I no longer use it, and therefore have wasted my $300+.... so disappointing for a Dyson product to be so poorly designed.
Published 12 months ago by Bruce Dixon

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too Noisy, July 19, 2013
This review is from: Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool Fan Heater, Blue (Electronics)
I'm a fan of Dyson, but not of the Dyson fan.

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat Disappointed, July 19, 2013
This review is from: Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool Fan Heater, Blue (Electronics)
My wife purchased this fan for me for my birthday a couple months ago. I had always wanted a Dyson fan, they are nicely designed and supposedly very quite.

1) Noise Pollution
This is my biggest disappointment. This fan is NOT quite at all. Even at it's lowest setting it makes a decent amount of noise. On high I have to leave my office (10'x12') to make a phone call. This issue made me think very carefully about returning this fan.

2) Heat
This fan does do heat very nicely. I won't get a good test until Winter, but during my testing it worked very well.

3) Remote
I like the remote and the fact that it magnetically sticks to the top of the fan.

4) Price
This fan, in my opinion, is overpriced. If the noise was actually as advertised I would not have issue with the cost.

I gave the product 3 stars but it is teetering between 2 and 3. The noise issue is big for me and almost pushed it to a 2 star rating.

I hope you find the above helpful.

Thank you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work well at all as heater, January 1, 2014
This review is from: Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool Fan Heater, Blue (Electronics)
bought this for my living room for winter.. it blows slightly warm air, such a ripoff for the price. Buy a cheaper heater, they throw off more heat and use same amount of energy. Dyson claims this is more power efficient, but thats only if it manages to actually heat the the desired temp. which this doesn't, so it just runs non stop hence using the same 1500 watts a $30 heater does. Don't buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars WOULD NEVER EVER EVER BUY A DYSON PRODUCT AGAIN !, June 24, 2014
This review is from: Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool Fan Heater, Blue (Electronics)
06/24/2014. Purchased a Dyson fan/heater thru Amazon in April 2014, received the unit and within a week I was contacted by Dyson of a defect recall. Immediately sent it to Dyson by Trackable UPS. As of June 24, 2014 I have not received the unit back. Have called dozens of times (multiple holds and wait times, transfers etc.) All told me the unit is fixed and ready to be returned to me, but still have not received. I purchased/paid for their unit and sent it into them for the recall, never even used it once, all I want is the item returned to me ! VERY VERY POOR DYSON CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FOLLOW-UP !!!!

07/07/2014
STILL NO UNIT RETURNED TO CUSTOMER !
UNBELIEVABLE THAT DYSON CAN REMAIN IN BUSINESS, WITH THIS LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND TOTAL DISREGARD ?

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for my studio apartment, June 18, 2013
Max Vasilatos (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool Fan Heater, Blue (Electronics)
With next day shipping, the hot+cool fan came in less than 24 hrs... it took 15 minutes to open the box[es] , 3 minutes to set up , and 10 minutes to heat the whole place (550 sq ft), then turn itself off , and the temperature's been a steady 70F for 4 hrs... the place came with a crappy electric heater that is inefficient and expensive, and is installed at the other end from where i hang out... this solves all that. And it looks nice (blue), a little jetson for my taste but ok.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Fan - If I Could Use It, June 12, 2014
This review is from: Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool Fan Heater, Blue (Electronics)
Careful buying products from Dyson. I bought this fan even though it was a bit pricey but liked it for the heat/cool ability. Unfortunately after several months my fan was part of a recall. Although I appreciate them trying to fix the problem, they have had my fan for almost eight weeks and expect at least another four weeks as of the latest estimate for delivery. Apparently they were overwhelmed by the number of returns and were not equipped to handle the volume in a timely manner. Good intentions but paying such a high price for something I cannot use has left me a very-very unhappy customer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont believe in the hype!, October 9, 2013
This review is from: Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool Fan Heater, Blue (Electronics)
It's too loud even at lowest setting! because the way it's designed, the blades (inside)has to run at high velocity to move that amount of air. it doesn't help when the air, unlike traditional fan, moves in a straight line, in this design, the air has to travel through restricted route to move and that causes air noise. Do not buy this, you will regret! i have a Dyson Vacuum DC14 and i love it. But not this glorified fan. sorry

1.0 out of 5 stars Loud. Lousy at cooling or heating a small room., July 16, 2014
This review is from: Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool Fan Heater, Blue (Electronics)
Lousy. And not because of the recall (incidents of shorting out and causing a fire hazard), but because it's LOUD and does a horrible job of heating and cooling (poor choice of word since it doesn't cool at all).

At this price i'd expect more, being from Dyson i'd expect it to put other heaters and cooling fans to shame. Unfortunately this isn't the case. My grandmas 30yo oscillating bladed fan puts more air into the room and barely makes a sound. Heaters i've had in the past heated the room well, and had no sound. This thing is LOUD. If you have this thing in a room and you cannot carry a conversation well, and if you like to watch tv or play music with this thing in your room you'll have to crank up the speakers just to hear.

I don't get it. I was under the impression Dyson made revolutionary products. I've been proven wrong. Sad.

1.0 out of 5 stars False advertisement, July 20, 2013
This review is from: Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool Fan Heater, Blue (Electronics)
This is a rather poor product and I am very shocked by reviewers who gave it more than 1 star. They are misleading others to buy a truly terrible product!! Yes, the design is modern and the best thing is the remote, but the fan capacity is horrible. Even a $30 fan provides better cooling than this Dyson which costs more than ten times that amount. While i cannot judge the heating capacity since I just recently bought the product during the summer, as mentioned, the cooling capacity is terrible. It does not circulate cool air, the range of airflow throughout the room is quite small and it is very loud (only the lowest speed, which barely moves any air does not have an offensive sound). Basically, everything I experienced (except for the ease of the remote) was opposite to what was advertised about this item. Needless to say, I returned it. I ended up buying a small Vornado fan which worked very well and for a significantly cheaper price. Dyson should be ashamed to sell this product for the outrageous price and on its terrible performance as a fan. I will never buy another Dyson product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot AND cold!, December 15, 2013
Stewart Alsop (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool Fan Heater, Blue (Electronics)
This thing is awesome! I have a large room that was added is never really well heated OR cooled. This product succeeds in supplementing the heating system and even cooling the room down when it's hot. Love how the remote sticks to the device (although the 4-year old sometimes gets hold of it). Plus it just works.

Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool Fan Heater, Blue