1,060 of 1,076 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Objective, In-Depth Review
We purchased the DC25 Animal Ball about two weeks ago. What I would've liked to have seen before purchasing is a review that gave me all the answers- but I quickly realized such a review doesn't exist. It's impossible to tell the difference between what's always true and what's anecdotal, what's proven and what's someone's opinion, brand loyalists, people who are...
Published on August 2, 2010 by Sarah

1.0 out of 5 stars Overrated and underwhelmed
I've had a first generation Dyson DC07 for many years and after several key components failed, I decided to replace it with a DC25 Animal. I chose this unit because I have a long haired dog and I expected unique animal related cleaning features (as the name implies). As it turns out, the differences between this unit and the DC25 Yellow are no more than the name, color...
Published on April 1, 2009 by Ben

‹ Previous | 150 51 5265 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Use on hair only, December 13, 2014
This review is from: Dyson DC25 Animal Ball-Technology Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
This will pick up animal hair and that's it. If you need to vacuum Cheerios, popcorn anything bigger than flu or dust you need to tilt it so it gets sucks into the corner of the vacuum or you just push it around the house. I only use on hardwood floors so I was shocked at how poorly this works for the money and reputation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best domesticated experience ever...., January 1, 2011
R. Pilpa "Rosey P" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Not only is the Dyson animal such a cute vacuum... It was one of the best functional Christmas gift ever! So lightweight and easy to maneuver around my new house you can quickly vacuum in the highest of stilettos, and I removed the fur and dust from the three kitties in my residence! hearts hearts and more hearts!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Aptly named machine, June 16, 2010
Needed a vacuum to help keep my dog's hair under control and this fits the bill. It took me a while to figure out the wand was accessible by fully extending the pole on top of the handle. It is easily to move around with the ball, making harder to clean areas. Love the 5 year warranty, but hope to never use it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife loves it, June 24, 2010
We have large dog that leaves hair bunnies all over the house. Cleans them easily. Like handle mounted on/off beater brush switch. Love the savings in not buying vacuum bags. Easy to maneuver.

Bought as a requested gift for wife and she is very happy. I use it too and like how easy it is to move around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyson Ball DC 25, June 20, 2010
After a few months of use, this vacuum seems to meet everything it's advertised to be. It's one agile machine. If it lasts through the years (and it does have a 5-year warranty), it will be a good investment. It will easily beat the lower-cost vacuums that perform at a lower level and for a shorter duration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why did I wait so long?, October 17, 2010
After suffering far too long with a lesser product, the Animal has been a dream come true. We wish that we had not waited so long before making the move. The Animal works wonderfully and everything about it seems well-thought. From assembly to emptying after use, everything is well-designed and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this vacuum!, April 14, 2010
SKD (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
So, I don't know whether this vacuum picks up more dirt than my old vacuum, but since I can see the dirt in the reservoir my perception is that it does! It does seem to pick up a lot of dirt every time I use it. There are only a few attachments, though, and it's a little clumsy to use the telescoping arm.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wheels on dyson for moving across carpet., October 9, 2010
I purchased a DC-25 ball animal vacumn cleaner, and the wheels on the vacumn to move it around the house, are not large enough. When I am moving it across the carpet from room to room, it is very hard to roll, and binds in the carpet. Can this vacumn be modified to put larger wheels on it? Monte Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC25 lives up to expectation, December 21, 2010
This vacuum cleaner really does the job. Time will tell if it holds up to regular use (we've used Hoovers in the past, they tend to wear out) but it appears very well thought out in design, and very well constructed so I expect good durability. I believe it's a very good value for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Love My New Dyson, But It Could Be Better, April 26, 2010
I've had my new Dyson Animal Ball for almost two weeks now. I have two large dogs in my house and so I vacuum every day to keep up with the hair. Here are my thoughts for anyone considering this purchase.

I LOVE...

* Its lightweight.
* Super easy to manuever - was unsure about the ball when I ordered but SO glad I did.
* This thing sucks - for real. Its like it eats hair and dirt and loves it.
* The long handle is nice for reaching above my head (I'm 5'3" so this is important for cleaning ceilings, etc.
* The mini turbine works and works well. My old vacuum had one that died shortly after purchase and was impossible to unclog. This one works just as well as the floor head.
* The canister is easy to empty.

I WOULD CHANGE...

* I think that the canister should be bigger. I'm a clean/germ freak. Each room of my house gets vacuumed twice a day so there can't be that much to suck up, and I still feel like I'm emptying the canister too much.
* I don't like that the mini turbine has no place to attach to the vacuum. It is so usable and something I use in every room I wish I could take it with me. I solved this though by buying a bottle of Crown Royal whiskey and using its purple velvet bag to carry my mini turbine. Its the perfect size and the purple matches the vacuum. I just loop the bag over the small attached crevice tool. Looks a little redneck, but it works!
* Feel like the transition from normal vacuuming to handheld tools is a little clumsy and was sort of difficult to get the hang of at first.

CONCLUSION: I would certainly purchase this vacuum again, but will look for more upgrades and "fixes" to the things I don't like in future models. Still the best vacuum I've ever had and I've had several.

If you have any specific questions that you would like my opinion on, please comment and I will reply to you, usually same day.

‹ Previous | 150 51 5265 | Next ›