Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 15, 2009
I bought this because I really wanted more attachments than those that came with our Dyson (which, as an allergic asthmatic with cats, I love). The mattress attachment and dust brush are the most useful to me. I vac. mattresses at least once a week and have a huge selection of bookcases that quickly become dusty. I've used the narrow wand for getting lint out of the clothes dryer. It really doesn't work well for much anything else. What is really missing from Dyson is a longer hose. This collection would be so much better with that omission corrected.
33 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2010
I have two cats, two dogs and a boyfriend that cuts down trees for a living and does carpentry in his spare time. Recently I found out that I am allergic to cats, dogs, weeds, grass, and most kinds of trees. :( I bought the Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum and this cleaning kit, with little expectation that it would be any better than my Dirt Devil. Boy was I wrong! With the help of these attachments, I was able to get rid of all the hair, dust, and saw dust that was on my floors, furniture, ledges, shelves, and curtains. I am so happy I decided to spend the extra money for these attachments!
44 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2015
I really wanted this for my v6 motorhead. The soft dusting brush fits the v6, but it's a really awkward angle with the v6. If I use it to dust my blinds (which is what I bought it for) the canister scrapes the blinds. You can see in the photo that the dusting brush is still not completely touching the blinds, but the canister is rubbing on the lower blinds. Also, The flexi crevice tool is way too short to reach between or under appliances which makes it basically useless. So far I'm really disappointed in this kit. If there was a short flexible hose attachment for this kit it would work much better with the v6.
review image
on August 18, 2011
Saving time is highest priority for me. I am juggling a home based business, home maintenance, pet care, and routine physical workouts so I have to GET IT DONE effectively in a short period of time. Adding The Asthma and Allergy Kit to my Dyson DC25 (Pet Hair Model)really helps me to do that. I am delighted with the results I get in a short time. Since I choose to allow my cats to snooze on the furniture, I have to deal with some pet hair in addition to regular dirt and dust. With the Asthma and Allergy Kit, its a breeze going through a room with my four step system: mattress tool on the upholstery, followed by the soft duster on hard surfaces, followed by the flexible crevice tool for sliding door tracks, with step four being a thorough vacuuming of the carpet and tile floors. There are no other products to carry around, no switching from vacuum to dust rags etc. I knocked twenty minutes off cleaning time and wound up with rooms that felt fresh and clean, because I had the time and tools to do the "Corners" that I usually skip. Now I am happy to vacuum/dust at least one room every day, because the Asthma and Allergy Kit makes it fast and easy. For me, this product was a good value purchase. P. S. Some reviewers have commented that the soft dusting brush has scratched computer and television screens. I am still using a micro cloth to clean the screens, but it is hard to see how the bristles on the soft bristle brush would scratch as long as you don't press down. I am testing this on an old screen and will update my review.
on December 5, 2010
I love my dyson dc28 animal. Unfortunately this package is excessive for your needs. I would recommend only the soft dusting brush out of the three.

The soft dusting brush does a wonderful job sucking up dust on furniture, electronics, blinds and just about anything you can think of, I would rate this attachment at 5 stars.

On the other hand, the flexi-crevice tool looses suction where the flexi- portion extends from the base and does not pick up all that much debris. I give it 2 stars.

The mattress tool seems excessive considering the attachments that come with the dyson so I haven't even tried it, but other attachments could serve the same purpose.

I recommend just buying the soft dusting brush and the multi angle brush for dust cleaning and leave this package alone.
33 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2011
I have been plagued with "sneeze fits" all winter. Allergy testing did not find a cause for this. I purchased a Dyson vacuum and added the Asthma and Allergy Kit to the purchase. I have vacuumed and dusted every surface in my home and have almost eliminated the sneezing fits. I believe they were caused by my house dust. I particularly like the long bristled dusting brush. It worked extremely well on my Venetian blinds. I used the mattress attachment on my mattress, on my fabric covered chairs and on the cat beds. I was appalled after the first day to see the volume of dust and fibers in the dust bin. Each time, the volume is less than the last time.
on October 14, 2012
I was looking for a few more attachments to our Dyson and discovered this pack which was cheaper on Amazon (with faster delivery too) than on Dyson's website. I like the long, think attachment for getting into those spaces between appliances, though since the point at which it attaches to the main hose is still quite wide, you can still only reach so far with it. The attachment is also very flexible, which means you can't press all that hard since it will simply bend.

I do use most of the tools in this pack although haven't yet found a good use for the soft large brush - I am sure I will think of something soon though :-) All in all, not a bad set of tools, now all I have to figure out is how to store them near the vacuum cleaner and not lose any of them, since there is nowhere to store them on the cleaner itself.

Also, just a tip which might help someone out there: I spent ages the other day trying to find the piece of plastic that serves to join the tools to the existing pole on the cleaner - I looked everywhere then realized I had stored it back in the box, still attached to one of the little brushes! Since you have to always join two or three things together, you can easily forget to disconnect each thing before putting it away. So don't worry if you think you've lost a connecting piece, you probably haven't :-)
on June 21, 2012
I bought the home kit and the allergy kit. ALLERGY is the 1 to buy. The crevice tool with small brush that comes with it is amazing works great for sliding glas door tracks window tracks and also in the small areas that you just can't get easy

The mattress brush I used it nothing special
The soft brush also comes in home kit and this brush doesn't work well for shutters it may be good for blinds? It doesn't do much on silk shades either

But worth it for the crevice tool alone and cheapest best deal on amazon
on November 11, 2012
I really love the soft brush attachment, have been all over the house using it. I have an older DC 15 so it worked if I put it on the end of the wand without an adaptor. It worked great for dusting the glass and wood table behind the sofa, the wood trim around 12 glass panels on doors to dining room, on carving under the antique dining table that I had to climb under the table to dust before. It works great dusting ornate carving on furniture,on the dentil carving and the wood at the edge of the stairs that just beyond the carpet. And it even worked on the wood blinds, that I had given up trying to clean. It was actually fun to use on the things that I have struggled with for years. Great product.
on January 30, 2010
I haven't had a chance to use the mattress tool, but I love the extra long crevice tool. The one that comes with the Dyson is just to short to clean the coils and behind the frig.