4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Vacuum
Published on March 17, 2010 by boba16

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite a full size Dyson but good for city dwellers
I absolutely love the Dyson brand from its design, engineering, to functionality. My parents have a full size Dyson at home which I love so I really wanted a Dyson for my apartment when I moved away.

Published on May 11, 2011 by Alai

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Vacuum, March 17, 2010
boba16 "boba16" (Lindenhurst, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson DC24 Ball All-Floors Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Refurbished (Kitchen)
I bought the dyson dc24 all floors vacuum factory serviced at abc Vacuum Warehouse. The item was shipped same day I ordered it and arrived on time. The vacuum is just about new and comes with a six month warrenty from Dyson and 21/2 years from Abc Vacuum warehouse. The appliance runs well the only thing is that the cord is too short and you will probably need an extension. all in all I am a satisfied customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars DC24 Ball Dyson vacuum, March 12, 2011
I've only had this refurbished Baby Dyson for a month and really it was love at first sight....hopefully the affair will continue. I've had a multitude of junky vacuums from box stores that would be ok at first and die within the year. This one came with a 6month warranty from Dyson And a 3 year warranty from the distributor (with 2 way shipping if there is a problem) A great deal for a refurbished machine.
It's remarkably small, lightweight, and very well thought out. I at first thought the dirt container was too small but it holds enough to do my whole house....1200 square foot....and is very easy to empty. I've got a dog and 2 cats that shed like crazy and it works well with all of that. Reset button on the brush mechanism is a great idea, can also turn off the brush when not needed. Expanding hose is great and easily reaches 8' ceilings.
Ball design definitely makes it easier to use and actually....fun.
Great way to get into a higher end machine for relatively cheap. Hope I still love it in a year.
A year later and yes this vac is still on the plus side of things. The power head died on it at about 9 months and when I contacted Dyson they didn't question a thing and sent out a new power head within a couple of days...it worked even better afterwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greate Vacuum, February 28, 2011
Neil Patel (Knoxville, TN USA) - See all my reviews
I didn't know what I was missing in a vacuum, until I purchased the DC24 Ball. The maneuverability of the device is great. The device also picks up more dirt from carpet than a regular vacuum cleaner can. Definately recommend this machine for individuals that have allergy issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful but small, January 9, 2011
The Dyson vacuum is powerful and effective at cleaning carpets. The container for this model is small though, I have to empty it twice for every room vacuumed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite a full size Dyson but good for city dwellers, May 11, 2011

I was a bit surprised by how small the DC24 is. It is about half the size of a full size Dyson which means everything about it is a bit smaller, shorter, lesser...DC24 is pretty short which isn't a problem for me. The canister is small but that's ok. But the rubber tube that you use to attach the accessory brush to is much shorter. Sometimes I have to pick up the entire Dyson in my left hand and hold on to the brush on my right to reach taller places that need vacuuming.

The suction also isn't as powerful. I was quite surprised by how less powerful it is compared to the full size Dyson. But it still gets the job done in my wood floor apartment. I also kind of have a problem with the expandable tube. The expandable tube is not fixed to the rubber tube which makes it kind of strange. All in all, I was a bit disappointed at first, but I am now happy that my apartment is now clean.

4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, April 7, 2011
It was not specified that this was a refurbished item, however, so far so good. The product lives up to its name. It cleans both carpet and hardwood/vinyl floors with the push of a switch. cleaning power is noticeable. It is a little involved to put on the attachments for stairs and furniture,but the price was right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light weight, May 19, 2011
Wow! So light and powerful. I love the way it can go from carpets to hardwood floors with just a push of a button. The ball and slim vacuum head can get into tight spaces and under counters quite easily.

I thought that the small vacuum bin would be a hassle having to empty it all the time, but its so easy to empty I empty it right before I vacuum. NO PROBLEM!

The only thing I don't like about the Dyson is changing the handle into the cleaning wand to get hard to reach ceiling areas. You have to pull the handle out of the tubing, flip it around and attach the other end to the tubing. A little bit of a hassle.

It has great suction ALL THE TIME. Something that none of my other vacuums had. I would highly recommend this vacuum to any of my friends. I'm hooked on Dyson. I bought this as a refurbished vacuum. I feel that your throwing your money away if you don't buy a refurbished one over a new one. They work just as good as a new one and Amazon backs it up!

5.0 out of 5 stars super cool looking, October 22, 2013
we liked it and it was pretty cool, but we traded it in for a kirby....sorry dyson but the kirby is amazing so we like the choice we made.

5.0 out of 5 stars flawless, August 11, 2013
Not a single hangup in almost a year. I feel so fancy when I vacuum still. Over all a great purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, not perfect, March 1, 2013
I went with the refurbished model to save money and it was worth it. The only issue I have is that the power button sometimes sticks and needs to be pressed two or three times before starting. Other than that, I love this vacuum.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›