Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on December 29, 2012
We love the machine. Bought it to replace our old Dyson which we simply wore out - and loved. The only thing we really dont like is that the attachment from our old Dyson do not fit our new Dyson - and there are no adapters - and the attachments for this new Dyson really suck. I'm VERY disappointed that I will now have to go out and buy a bunch of new adapters that don't work nearly as well as the old ones. Boo!
on March 9, 2013
I love the Dyson DC33. It picks up so much more deep dirt than my previous vacuum. I don't, however, like the performance of the hose for steps and going along the base boards. The machine has too much suction that the hose won't stay extended and the machine snaps back to me as I am moving. A brake on the wheels would be a good addition.
on March 15, 2013
For $300+ dollars one might hope for a solid, reliable vacuum cleaner. Sadly that's not what the DC33 is. It is mostly plastic and feels cheap. The plastic flexes in the hand grip and the wand is simply attached to a cheap hose which is overly rigid making it awkward to use. Mine also makes an annoying grinding noise when in carpet mode and has now lost most of its suction power in less than two years of use. I did really appreciate the air filter, but having to replace a $300+ item within two years and never having it work well on carpets is pretty absurd.
on March 26, 2015
I bought a Shark NV350 Lift-Away 2 days ago. I was disappointed and frustrated by the required assembly, but mostly the performance and overall quality. I used it once and returned it in exchange for a Dyson DC33. I used it for the first time today and was not surprised to find the canister half full two days after using the "Shark". The Dyson beat the "Shark" hands down...more suction, superior manufacturing quality, ease of use (carpet to floor with transparently), dust bin empties in a single motion, washable lifelong filter, super long cord (40') and attachments all on board...(did I say more SUCTION!) It was even simple to register the product online. For a few dollars more it's well worth the upgrade.
on January 11, 2015
I got this model Dyson as a second vacuum cleaner so that I wouldn't have to drag a vacuum cleaner up and down stairs to clean on different floors of my house. I had just vacuumed our main floor with our expensive (and fairly new) Kenmore canister so I decided to go over what I had just vacuumed (with the Kenmore) with the Dyson. This Dyson pulled tons of dirt and dog hair out of the freshly vacuumed carpet! I had to empty the canister twice; this thing is unbelievable! Now I still have to drag our Dyson from floor to floor because it is far superior to our Kenmore! Vacuuming is not my favorite job so I don't like the idea of spending all this time vacuuming, and then still living in filth. With the Dyson, I know it's clean!
on July 18, 2016
Works great on hard wood and SOME carpet. We got a new rug and it won't vacuum on it. Just makes a horrible screaming noise and won't move. I contacted tech support and they sent me instructions to take it apart to remove a belt and that 'should' fix it. Just what I want to do after spending 300 on a new vacuum right?
on October 22, 2014
GREAT for hardwood floors, but SUCKS on carpet and rugs (and NOT in a good, how a vacuum should suck, way). Also - you have to completely unwrap the cord to use the extension pole and it's not the easiest to maneuver.

I got this because my bagless Bissell was starting to wear out, and we mostly have hardwood floors (with a few area rugs) in the house. However, I had to keep the Bissell because it's MUCH BETTER on the rugs. The Dyson was hardly picking up anything at all - when I went over it again with the Bissell, the can was practically full..

I keep it downstairs for our hardwood floors and it's great for around corners, behind the couch, etc. with the extension pole. Also the cord is a good length. But if you are buying this for a carpeted house, don't waste your money. A cheaper, made-for-carpets vacuum will suit you better.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2011
I have been 'borrowing' my cousins Dyson for years. He finally got sick of me 'hoggin up' the Dyson so he gave me his old hunk of junk, Bissel or something. Being an OCD clean freak this just didn't work for me...so I finally got a Dyson of my own.
I love this thing! Yes, the wand is a bit odd, but I am used to it since I used the cuz's machine for so long. And this thing sucks like anything! I have 2 maine coon cats and I was vacuuming 3-4 times a week to keep up with their shedding, now with a Dyson I only need to vacuum once a week, but I still vacuum at least twice a week, it's the OCD in me!
If you're looking for a vacuum that actually vacuums, then invest in a Dyson, it's well worth it, especially if you have pets, it's great!
on August 17, 2013
Easy to snap together, vacuum, and empty out. Only used a few times since getting but has performed a lot better than most I have had to deal with. Gets the canister full of dirt when carpet looks like it was fairly clean to begin with..Easy transaction thru Amazon as always.
on February 13, 2013
I absolutely love this vacuum. It is easy to use and I love the idea of not having to fight with bags anymore. This is the second one that I have purchased for our winter home and I look forward to using it.