5.0 out of 5 stars Brand Loyal
Published 17 months ago by Luxury

3.0 out of 5 stars :o(
I loved how it worked but Unfortunately it broke 3 weeks after I go it. I am in the process of trying to return it.
Published 16 months ago by Christi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brand Loyal, February 9, 2013
This review is from: Dyson DC41 Upright Ball Vacuum (Refurbished) (Misc.)
I'm never brand loyal. I buy generics and shop around for deals. But Dyson has really turned that around on me. Ever since I tried the one my mother bought 6 years ago, I've never used anything else. I originally bought one for heavy use and a lighter (more portable) one for daily use a couple years later. This model in particular is of the original design. They are heavy and more work to move around, but the extra suction is worth it. My brother has severe allergies that the vacuum helped to alleviate.

A few additional notes:
-Dumping of dust is fast and easy. Just unlatch, then press a button which allow the bottom to fall out.
-Cord is still manual roll up, they have some models which allow you to press a button and the cord will retract.
-Hair/long fibers will get rolled up in the head. You can actually remove the inside to clean it out without much fuss.
-Love the amount of attachments available and what they can do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had ours for 6 years, February 9, 2013
This review is from: Dyson DC41 Upright Ball Vacuum (Refurbished) (Misc.)
We have the Dyson Animal and I can't say anything bad about it. It picks up everything you need it to and has many attachments for different applications. It has NO belts to break. It is easy to maintain. It sucks the hair and dirt out of the carpets.

Before Dyson we were replacing our vacuum cleaners every year- at 70 to 200 a pop. The belts would continue to break and were a pain to replace. The floor did not get very clean. Now when we vacuum the carpet we can visibly see dirt brought in by our dog - a lab. We have two big shedders in the house and this vacuum really cleans the floor.

So... before you panic at the price determine how long you keep your vacuum cleaners- - do you have to buy bags, replacement belts - and then see if this is a better investment for you. Ours is still going strong. No bags, no belts - minimal maintenance to clean rollers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Vacuum by far, March 20, 2013
This review is from: Dyson DC41 Upright Ball Vacuum (Refurbished) (Misc.)
Bought this for $300 delivered on a one day deal. Said refurbished but I see zero signs of anything but brand new. Only difference is you get 6 month warranty. For half price I'll take the risk. I was a little afraid of an upright with all hardwoods but it works awesome. Push of a button and I can transition to the area rugs. Very pleased. Over time I assume the coiled attachment hose will relax but right now when I pull on the hose to reach something with an attachment the vacuum is right up my you know what...

3.0 out of 5 stars :o(, March 21, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Clunky, heavy but AWESOME suction, March 28, 2013
This review is from: Dyson DC41 Upright Ball Vacuum (Refurbished) (Misc.)
I'm a new first time home owner and this was my very first purchase for our new place! I was excited to get something we needed and splurge a little for quality.

However, where I am incredibly impressed with the suction power, the mobility of this thing is a joke! It is clunky, heavy and somewhat difficult to maneuver- not at all like the amazing commercials you see on tv!!!!

Overall, it doesn't feel well made- or at least not what I thought it would be for the price. The plastic joints are tight and I worry about breakage!

I'm not going to return it but I do think that buyers should be aware that this vacuum is not nearly as amazing as you would expect.

2.0 out of 5 stars Refurbished, but not very well, March 21, 2013
This review is from: Dyson DC41 Upright Ball Vacuum (Refurbished) (Misc.)
I ordered this refurbished Dyson from Amazon's Deal of the Day, knowing the reputation of the brand was supposed to be top of the line. The vacuum was to be used in my retail store, but it just doesn't do the job well at all. We find ourselves having to hand feed some of the debris on the floor in order for the machine to pick it up. Also very annoying, it will not stand upright for any length of time by itself, the handle always falling down so we have to prop it against something when not in use. To move it around at any time (in the Off setting) it has to be in sweep position, as it will not lock itself upright. Don't know who to fault on this one, Dyson for not doing a good refurbishing job; or Amazon for selling an inferior product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavier than expected, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Dyson DC41 Upright Ball Vacuum (Refurbished) (Misc.)
Great vacuum. Beautiful design. But this vacuum is really really heavy. If you're getting this for a two story home, I would suggest looking for something lighter.

5.0 out of 5 stars DYSON DC41, March 20, 2013
tahtah (Las Cruces, NM United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson DC41 Upright Ball Vacuum (Refurbished) (Misc.)
Excellent! I was a little concerned about ordering a refurbished unit, but am pleasantly surprised and thrilled. What a deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC41 is fantastic, March 20, 2013
F. Fucci (Homestead, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson DC41 Upright Ball Vacuum (Refurbished) (Misc.)
The best vacuum I have ever used. No other make and model can perform like this one!!! I will always purchase Dyson products in the future!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Dyson First Timer, February 14, 2013
This review is from: Dyson DC41 Upright Ball Vacuum (Refurbished) (Misc.)
Update: ~1.5 months into ownership.

Okay, so our experience is not as great as other reviews. We have a thick matted carpet in the basement and takes 2-3 sweeps over each spot to get even light debri up. The old Oreck was much better, but then also much heavier...

The "kickstand" that holds it upright is finicky and the unit likes to fall back at times. It's pretty irritating to need to place it near a wall everytime you want to walk away for even a second.

I would not purchase this machine again refurbished, and certainly not full retail price for new. After this one, we'll likely go back to the ~$200 machines at Sears that last 3-4 years before replacing.

>>>
Original Review:

Arrived broken, powers on but only while holding the button down. -5 Stars, dud.

The machine still powered up and felt solid and sounded great. +3 Stars

Realize these are wholesale products so its a numbers game. Dyson has a strong reputation and also appears to be fairly inexpensive parts online. A nice perk to not having the warranty, even though most other reviews seem to indicate we wont need it.

As of now, still waiting for exchange instructions. Of course, no phone number. Woot's first email was very polite, but required a reply and each email goes to a central box.

I'll update this review if it merits in the end.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Dyson DC41 Upright Ball Vacuum (Refurbished)
$419.99 $319.99