TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 27, 2011
I picked this kit up for just under a third of retail. At that price it is a good kit. It comes with the zorb powder and dysolv spray. I haven't really seen a big benefit with either over other similar cleaners, they work like most spot removers (dysolv) and the zorb freshens but I haven't noticed a big difference in carpets treated with it. Both came with my vacuum originally and if they weren't in this kit I won't have likely made a point of buying them again. The biggest reason for me that I grabbed it at the low price a month ago was I wanted the flexible crevice tool. The tool alone sells for the cost I got the kit at so picking up the cleaning solutions was just a nice bonus.

As for the crevice tool. I was looking for something to get into my dryer's lint collection opening a bit better. The lint trap is on the lower front of the dryer and exposed when the door is opened. Lint builds up below it as the venting runs down and then under the tumbler. The crevice tool included with the dyson is 10" long and about .55" narrow, and it will only get halfway to where I need it to. This flexi tool is 12" closed (not flexible)and 19.5" extended with about 8" now being flexible. The bristle adds about 2" more if you attach it. It just over .85" narrow. It is a tighter fit (barely goes in) as the extra .25" makes a difference but the length is just what I needed to vacuum the lint up and stop trying to get it up with a brush.

It also helps me clean under the refridgerator where the coils are. So if you need an extra foot of reach and your opening is over .9" inches but less then what you can get the main wand into, this tool does fit the bill. Good thick plastic and seems to be well made. The flexing piece is ok, just don't expect it to go more then 45 degrees or it will start to bind. I have found many uses for it other then the dryer and refridgerator in the past month and to me is the best reason to get the pet kit while it is on sale.

I also have used the wider lint tool this kit has on our mattresses and it speeds the process of cleaning those and other furniture vs. the smaller one that ships with most dyson vacs. Overall a good kit when amazon is running a sale on it.
on December 4, 2011
Good combination. Worked very well on my Dyson DC25 Animal. The only downside is that there is nothing to keep any of these accessories attached to the vacuum when not in use so now i have to keep a plastic back with the extra attachments hanging on the vacuum when not in use. Not really this products fault, more Dyson's fault than anything.
on February 24, 2012
This attachment set works...okay. The fabric attachment winds up getting a lot of hair and fuzz stuck on the felt part so it doesn't get sucked into the vacuum. The carpet cleaner doesn't do anything except make the carpet smell better. It might work well for people with short haired animals, but it doesn't work with golden retriever hair.
on August 4, 2012
First of all, I have no idea what the price will be when you buy this item. Prices change so much on Amazon that one person's steal is another's overpaid and underwhelmed. That being said, I got it for ~$60, which is more than the current price. Of course I would be much happier, if I paid $40...but I'm still satisfied with the purchase.

**NB** You should check Dyson's website for compatibility with your unit. If you don't, then you're to blame when it doesn't fit your model. Seriously, how is it that more than one review is negative overall because you didn't check compatibility first?

As far as what comes in the box:
-Adapter: this kit fits a variety of Dyson models, NOT ALL Dyson models - see above. My model doesn't require the adapter, but there it's in there if you need it.
-Straight Extension: a useful accessory on it's own - gets back between the washer and dryer, under the sofa (it's all one unit), under the stove, etc.
-Mattress Brush: I used this on our futon pad and it worked like a champ. We have a Cattle Dog, so mid/long hair. Not a golden or anything, but still pretty hairy.
-Bristly, rolling attachment for Zorb cleaner: this thing doesn't seem to work quite like you'd expect. It isn't motorized like the primary brush on the Dyson, so I was kind of skeptical. However, it works really well given what I presume is supposed to be its function. It scrubs the Zorb stuff down into the carpet real well and then agitates the carpet throughly to get all the Zorb up when it's dry.
-Zorb: Nothing spectacular here. This stuff smells pretty nice, kind of citrusy, and appears to have cleaned the carpet pretty well. Our pooch doesn't have a lot of accidents, so this is only being used to freshen the rooms every once in a while. Does the job fine.
-Dysolv: haven't had to use this yet, so I can't remark on its effectiveness or value.

I probably wouldn't be thrilled if I paid retail, but since I didn't I am happy overall with the purchase.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 4, 2012
I have 2 dogs and lots of carpet and I needed something that would keep up with the task of keeping my home clean. I love the zorb. It leaves my carpet smelling clean and after I use it I cant find any hair in the carpet. It really helps get up all the hair! amazing!
on June 13, 2012
This kit on sale is the cheapest way to get both the mattress tool and the crevice tool together.

Dyson is a great vacuum but they are so darned stingy about accessories. You should get most of
this stuff free with a $500ish dollar vacuum.

Dyson tools, hoses, etc. are made smaller size than standard vacuum attachments so forget using
anything you already have with them.

That said, the mattress tool helps clean furniture etc faster than the small size attachment you
do get with the vacuum. It did remove lots of shed skin, etc from our mattress by the looks of the
contents of bin. Worth the money.

Crevice tool is extremely useful - again should have came with vacuum - and I have used it to tidy
up around/behind/under clothes dryer/washer, under fridge, around the bathroom exhaust fans, etc.
I wanted to use in dryer for lint but had to pick up a lint lizard for that, which worked great.
Worth the money.

Tried the spot cleaner and it did nothing to an older spot, haven't had chance to try on a fresh spill.
I do not have pets at all - but this set price on sale for thiry dollars cant be beat anywhere I've found.

I have Dyson DC24 (apartment sized ball upright) and with these tools and hose extension, I'm happy.
on August 14, 2012
I bought this kit with my Dyson DC39 canister and the Dyson Home Cleaning Kit, but if I had to do all over again, would pass on this one.I like the Home Cleaning Kit much better.

Mattress Tool: It is just like a tool that comes with your Dyson, only this one is bigger. In my opinion, the rotating head that comes with the Dyson works better on pet beds.

The Zorb Groomer: I think the title here is misleading. I thought it was a tool for grooming your pet, which would be awesome in a Pet Clean-up Kit, but it is supposed to be used along with the carpet powder for cleaning carpets. This is a stationary head that scrubs the dry powder into the carpet. The dry powder looks like small chunks of foam. It really does nothing more than make your carpets smell scented for a day.

Dyzolv: The Dyzolv spot cleaner works no better than any good spot cleaner you can buy at the store.

Flexi crevice tool: Very similar to the adjustable combination crevice tool that comes with the Dyson. The "flexi" is made out of a hard plastic that is really not that flexible. It is too hard to be flexible and I was disappointed in this tool. The crevice tool that came with the Dyson works better.

So in summary, I would recommend passing on this kit and instead buying the Dyson Home Cleaning Kit, even if you have pets. Everything I need is in that kit and what came with my Dyson.
on December 29, 2011
I purchased this set about a month ago and was very pleased. I had this spot on my carpet in the basement that the dog had urinated on, and could not get out the smell. I applied the Zorb and then groomed the carpet with the tool provided. I am shocked.... Nothing else was able to get the smell out. I am happy to report that the smell is gone. I am very happy with that, and love the extra tools as well. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who owns a Dyson.
on June 16, 2012
Originally I was just looking for the crevice tool, but this kit cost the same and comes with other useful attachments. This is a great deal and works great with my DC25.
on April 17, 2011
This is a great addition to a wonderful Dyson vacuum already. It makes picking up after my Pets a lot easier and the Dysolv and Zorb agents really bring out the new in my carpets.

See 1 answered question