4.0 out of 5 stars jet engine?
WOW! I just took my Dyson out of the box and started using it this am. This is the very LOUDEST, screaming vacuum I have ever heard in my life. I'm seriously considering returning it because I hate the noise.
Published on November 2, 2010 by C. Cook

3.0 out of 5 stars DC22 Turbinehead has pros but significant cons
Had it two years, most frustrating thing is that is basically an excellent product but that it could be SO MUCH BETTER with a few minor adjustments - wait for the upgraded version!!!

Pros:
Published on March 16, 2010 by jekaldy

3.0 out of 5 stars DC22 Turbinehead has pros but significant cons, March 16, 2010
This review is from: Dyson DC22 Turbinehead Canister Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)

Pros:
This vacuum lives up to one key feature that Dyson uses as a selling point: the filtration is HEPA filter grade - excellent. Also, no bags or throw away containers (hard to believe any vacuums are made otherwise) is a plus.

Cons:
Heavy for a small vacuum

Must be emptied after every use as container is small and fills quickly

Cord is too short - can't reach all the way across at 15' X 12' room, if they would have only added another 2' to the dam thing it would be fine.

Tube neck is too big in diameter to reach under furniture or around car seats and other tight places, the whole thing should be much narrower.

Motor (electrically driven) head suddenly loses power on occasion requiring user to press head specific power button to restart.

Other than these complaints, this product rules.

2.0 out of 5 stars Highly disappointing, February 9, 2011
This review is from: Dyson DC22 Turbinehead Canister Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
There are several things wrong with this vacuum, and they overwhelm the good things.

The first problem is the cord. Or the hose. Probably the cord. Some combination of the two isn't long enough. You have to unplug and move to get to the other side of the room. And my rooms aren't that big.

The second problem is the suction. It's OK, but this is a premium priced vacuum. It should have more suction. This is especially important when you consider the next problem, which is...

The way the hose connects to the cannister is poorly designed. The debris you're vacuuming up have to go through a hole that is smaller than the hose into the canister at an odd angle. If the suction were better, this might not be an issue, but as it is a leaf from a houseplant will stymie this vacuum. You'll have to disassemble and pull things out all the time.

That's not the only thing wrong with the cannister, either. It's TINY. I mean, it looks big, but inside that big canister is a big plastic cylinder. The stuff you suck up has a small bit of space between that cylinder and the outer wall of the cannister. That's it. If you have pets, you'll be emptying this thing every single room.

And it's not easy to empty this thing. Sure, one button removes and ejects. Except you get to the trash, and you push eject, and your wads of kitten fur and carpet fuzz stay wedged between the outer wall of the canister and the inner cylinder. You're either sticking a pencil, or your finger, or something up in there to pull that stuff out. It's not pleasant.

The last problem is the turbine head. This is the feature I was most excited about, as a previous house I lived in had a central vac with a turbine head that was amazing. But this little vacuum can't suck hard enough to power one of those heads, so instead you get a dinky little thing that gets stopped by any sort of hair or anything that you vacuum up. Have somebody with long hair in your house? Forget it then. This thing is useless. It'll be jammed forever.

All that said, I will say one thing about this vacuum that is worth an extra star. The exhaust from the suction is amazingly clean. I wouldn't be surprised if the air that went in came out cleaner out the back. There is literally no scent to it at all, even with my super sensitive nose.

But if you're going to spend this kind of cash on a vacuum, you're better off looking elsewhere. At the very least, get the motorhead version.

3.0 out of 5 stars I agree, February 25, 2011
Betty Boop (Tunkhannock Pa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson DC22 Turbinehead Canister Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
I have had this vacuum for three years now and the very first problem is the cord. It's too short and the attachments are very clumbsy and don't get close enough to the surfaces and tend to fall off easily. Now the suction is not the best . The filters are fine but the carpets are getting matted down it's not really fluffing up.Maybe the design of the interior carpet head should be better? I also have a short when I vacuum with the carpet attachment and it keeps turning on and off. I'm lookng for another new vacuum but one with great reviews.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't fall for the hype - it really does suck, November 3, 2012
This review is from: Dyson DC22 Turbinehead Canister Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
This is the perfect product if you live in an apartment with no rugs, no more than 600 sq ft, no pets, and in an urban area that is largely paved over so there is no dirt. Don't waste your money if you have more to clean than that. The suction won't even pick up a little beebee or a small stone or leaf. The cord is so short that if you have a regular sized room you'll need to have multiple outlets to get the entire thing. The suction is so subpar that it takes multiple swipes over the same area to pick up a minimal amount of tiny debris greatly increasing the amount of time it takes to get the job done. The head design makes it impossible to get into small or shallow spaces (including under the couch very far). It won't pick up dog hair off the few area rugs we have. I vacuum instead of sweep our large tile floors and am frustrated every time I use it. I finally had to take a break from using it this time to write this review. Should never have left Hoover, whose suction is far superior.

4.0 out of 5 stars jet engine?, November 2, 2010