Does your Dyson suck up cheerios with brush bar off? (Bare floor mode on) I have the yellow Dyson DC25 and it does a very poor job sucking up cheerios on bare floor mode. In fact, it mostly pushes them around. I can't figure out if it's the suction, or the fact that I can't adjust the height of vacuum head so there's no space for the cheerios to get in to be sucked up. I'm looking to get a different Dyson. Does your Dyson suck up cheerios in bare floor mode? (Beater brush bar off). If so, what model is it?

Thanks.
asked by Love-to-Cook on December 23, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
I was just searching the web to see if anyone had the same problems as us with our Dyson. It's fantastic with carpet but we recently put in wood floors and the thing is awful in bare floor mode. It won't pick up anything! Not sure of the model but it's the yellow one. I'm going to have to replace it.
Lou Murphy answered on January 7, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the same problem it will push dirt in front of it with out picking it up I dont know what the problem is but I would not recomend this vac to anybody I does a wonderfull job on carpet but worthless on hard floors
Gerald Baughman answered on September 23, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes I have the dyson dc25 animal. It does not pick up well at all and does not fluff the carpert. I followed all the manufactuers recommendations to make sure there is no blockage, I know its picking up because there is dirt and debris in the canister but I thinks its picking up the top layer of dirt and not sucking up the deeper stuff.
Christopher M. Fink answered on February 18, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I totally agree with you it is worthless on hard floors it will push dirt in front of it with out picking it up!
Gerald Baughman answered on September 23, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mine seems to be working well on our hardwood. I've not tried chereos, but I probably wouldn't as I once accidentally picked up a tiny Lego piece and it swirled around in the canister (I could hear it scraping around the inside of the plastic wall). I had to empty the canister and remove the Lego. The cheereos would probably swirl around too and you would want to take them out.
Lance N. answered on January 20, 2013

A
No ,if you notive it wont pick up popcorn neither. This vacum has such a flat heavey head nothing but dust ,grit, smll very small particlels get picked up.The telescope hose ,if you notice the vacum moves as you vacum because the hose doesnt extend freely...We HATE OURS JUST HATE IT.Doesnt matter which one you get they all are made basically the same.Eventually you will notice that the filter ,you will have to clean at least once a week,it fills up with dust and it cant hold the dust and then the vacum gets louder.We had to clean it now once a week,vacum it with our indoor outdoor vac,....nothing but a major rip off....
eleisew answered on February 17, 2014

A
I was searching for this same problem. It is not picking up on low profile carpet. I need to reset the brush every now and then. Brush stops on its own. Does anyone has the same problem?? My DC25 is less than 1 month old used twice.
Kaly answered on February 9, 2010
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product