Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Wireless Gaming Mouse (EMS601BKAA-NF)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Format: Personal Computers|Change

on July 25, 2013
Great mouse, fits well in the hand, and the blue led lights are very cool. Buttons are responsive, and the DPI settings work well. Mouse has three power settings, Off, On, and On with lights, and the switch is separate from the place where the reciever is stored when not in use, so you don't have to worry about it turning on in a backpack or carry-case (my old mouse did that frequently). Also it looks pretty rad, especially when it's lit up. In terms of longevity and battery life, I will update further down the road, but right now I couldn't be happier.

UPDATE:

Within twenty-four hours my mouse was overheating, turning off, and the batteries were so hot I had to leave the whole thing in the freezer so I could touch them to take them out. I contacted bangplus on Friday night about the issue, and they had a new mouse in my mailbox the following Monday. This one works like a charm. Very happy with the BangPlus service. Despite the initial problem with the mouse, I'm leaving the 5-star rating because they dealt with the problem so efficiently. Stuff happens. I would definitely buy from them again.
44 comments|344 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2013
To say that this is the greatest mouse I've ever owned is an understatement. That said, it's still not absolutely perfect, but it sure feels close.

=====
PROS:
=====

~Quality Control~

Despite the brand-name's similarity to the more commonly known Razer, this is not a cheap knockoff. The design behind this mouse is really something else. And dare I say it? I think I shall. This mouse matches, if not exceeds, the quality you would find with most mice priced at nearly 4 times the cost of this one. I used to have a logitech mouse that I bought for 2.5x the price that creaked if you squeezed it too hard on the sides and felt terrible. Not the case with this one, as applying pressure yields little to no give whatsoever. If you're concerned with bang for buck, look no further, because the number of features this mouse has in this price-range is unheard of.

~Like A Glove~

The E-3lue Mazer II fits to your hand like none other. Every button is easily accessible, even the two side buttons are great and are neither too far forward or set too far back (which is a rampant problem for gaming mice nowadays). The thumb guard, or "balance ring" as it's referred to on the side, provides support for the thumb and keeps it off of your desk and reduces unwanted drag. Whether you "palm" or "claw" grip your mouse, you can still reach every button pretty easily, though "clawing it" makes reaching the front side button slightly more difficult. Even though it does have some glossy textures at the back, this doesn't gather grime and fingerprints quite like most glossy mice since it's located at the base of palm and even provides some extra tactile traction. In addition, the right edge extends slightly to allow room for your ring and pinky fingers to rest. And the rubbery matte surface they used is slick, soft and resists sweat accumulation. Very, very nice.

~Not Lost in Translation~

One of the most noticeable features of this product is the packaging. Yes it comes exclusively in Chinese, but do not let this deter you. I was wary at first as most primarily Chinese-made products do not have a great track record for quality, but this mouse certainly breaks away from that norm. You don't even have to worry about whether or not you can understand the instructions that it comes with because you can just plug it in and play.

~Ready, Set, Glow!~

This thing glows in the dark like you wouldn't believe and the pictures on Amazon don't do it justice. Sure it's only one color, but it wears it well. The LEDs are very visible even in bright daylight and looks wicked at night. If you don't like it, you can toggle it with the off/on/glow switch on the bottom.

=====
CONS:
=====

~Right is Right and Left is Wrong~

This mouse is obviously not ambidextrous, but the way I figure it is that you can have a really amazing mouse made for only one hand or an OK one for both. Besides, I have a friend who is left handed in everything he does and he has no problem using his right hand on mice like this. So if this is a deal breaker for you, I dunno how else I can help you.

~Resistance is Futile~

I cannot verify if this is just my mouse or affects all mice of this brand, but one thing I've noticed is that the scroll wheel has a little more give per "notch" than I anticipated. In other words, I thought that as I scrolled up or down, I would feel more resistance. Sadly, there is no way to change this to feel tighter, but it is mostly user preference and I'm sure that I'll forget all about it in a month. Inversely, the middle click button is difficult to depress. Over time I'm sure it'll loosen a bit. Either way, very small quirks and the scroll wheel stills performs its functions very well.

~Memory Loss~

The biggest issue I've run into is the fact that every time you turn off the mouse, your DPI settings aren't remembered. The way it works is there's a DPI button under the scroll wheel that switches between 4 different predefined DPIs (500/1000/1800/ and up to 2500). Let's say I settle on the third setting that's about 1800 because it's sensitive but not too crazy. I get up from my computer to take a break and turn off the mouse, come back in a while and turn it back on. It goes back down to the default 500 and my mouse moves like it's stuck in molasses. Now I have to press that button two more times to get to that setting again. I know what you're thinking, "Oh no! not two more button presses!". Believe me, it might be a small extra step but it should be an unnecessary one and when done so many times can be really annoying. It would be really really nice if I didn't have to do this every time I turned it on.

==============

I would also happily pay at least another $20-30 for more features, like more customizable DPI profiles, multiple LED color options (although the blue is nice as it is), greater English support and more in-depth driver software (but the plug and play aspect can be considered quite a plus), and a rechargeable battery with maybe a wired/cable option like a hybrid mouse. If it had those options, Mazer would undoubtedly dominate the peripheral market and blow companies like Razer out of the water.

All in all, an amazing mouse in terms of both quality and price. I got what I paid for and then some. I highly highly recommend it.
77 comments|191 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2013
To start off, I would like to say that this thing is SICK! I am by no means a mouse expert, but I have used Razer's Naga Epic as well as a Tt Esports Theron (both about $100 or more), and the Mazer gets right up there with them at a fraction of the cost. In terms of functionality, everything on the mouse has a frighteningly fast response time, even though it is wireless. The dpi settings are simple and easy to change, and all the features (clicking, scrolling, moving) react sharply. It is a little bit of a larger mouse; that is, far longer and more stable than say a little HP wireless mouse. It fits very well into my hand, and tracks extremely smoothly on nearly all surfaces. The USB receiver required no additional software, it just installed itself very quickly and I was ready to rock and roll. Now, you're probably wondering about the glow. It's easy to notice during the day, and looks completely wicked at night. Very well built, so as to not blind you but still looks great. It has a nice weight and design to it, and I believe all the buttons can be macroed, but I'm not sure. Very well built, and doesn't feel cheap or flimsy at all. All in all, if you want a little extra DPI (2500) and like one glow color, nothing will EVER beat this price for quality.
review image review image review image review image
33 comments|138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
~Highlights~
***** Very comfortable, even in a woman's smaller hands
***** Customization is quite easy, with all of the buttons you need easily programmed and accessed
***** Rubber grips on the wheel offer greater control, with excellent tactile sensation to know exactly how many clicks it is being rotated
***** Button function of the wheel not overly sensitive- no accidental pressing
***** Thumb platform improves comfort and control
***** Instant adjustment of mouse sensitivity with the dpi button, located centrally where it isn't easily pressed accidentally

Excellent mouse! Depending on the sensitivity and responsiveness, you can adjust the dpi setting with the push of a button. Programming the buttons is quite easy, and can be customized to your needs. I've tried other gaming mice, even those with higher dpi, yet many of them are too bulky for the hands of the average woman. Not this one. It fits my hand perfectly, and the thumb rest on the left gives me greater control than a standard mouse.

The wheel has rubberized grips, preventing the finger from slipping, and gives absolutely perfect tactile sensation to let the user know just how many clicks it's being turned. It also doesn't press down TOO easily, the way some can, which causes accidental use of it as a button instead of as a wheel.

The blue lighting is a bit of a gimmick, and will burn through batteries a bit faster, but it is very kewl looking, especially when gaming at night, with the lights out for better screen visibility.

In all, an excellent gaming mouse, with high sensitivity, wonderful tactile sensation, and a great fit for most hand sizes.
on October 7, 2013
I had intended to buy this mouse for my desktop, after trying the cobra jr mouse by the same company for my laptop. I was very impressed by the products, so silly me, I decided to skip reviews and just buy the best mouse E-3lue had. I came across the Mazer 2, and a few minutes later, they had my money.

Skip to now. After reading some reviews to figure out why the thing had so much lag, I eventually started to blame the sensor on the bottom - while true that it is not very bright, it doesnt seem to be the issue, as the response time is very smooth for the times that it does work, it just keeps cutting in and out. So after a few days of fiddling with it on the desktop, I took it out and popped the receiver into my laptop. Trying it at work, it worked instantly. Zero drop-outs.

So, while it is very easy to assume that the infrared on the bottom may be the issue, that is just not the case. It is the range. You MUST have this extremely close to the receiver for it to work properly. I would give this mouse 5 stars if it just had longer range, because I LOVE the weight and feel of it. It is perfect after inserting the two batteries included.

The DPI adjustment is a bit of a pain to have to adjust every time you turn on the mouse, but then again its not a giant adjustment to make to just click the dpi button twice or however many times you like for when you turn it on.
on January 11, 2014
I purchased this mouse so I could play the occasional game on my iMac and rMBP. The mouse would randomly stop scrolling and get "stuck". This would happen a couple times a minute and made gaming impossible. I wondered if there were compatibility issues with OSX so I tried using the mouse on my Windows Desktop, but the result was the same.

There appear to be many positive reviews, so I'm sure I just received a bad one...
on July 28, 2015
Very good value for the price. Programmable keys (two to the left of the mouse and another in the form of "clicking" the scroll wheel) are very effective and useful. The blue lighting (though i almost never use it to save battery) is beautiful, and makes the mouse look much more expensive than it really is, which i suppose was the intent. The laser reading on the bottom reads almost perfectly even on the rough surface of my water damaged desk. Its decently energy efficient...I've only changed the batteries once since I bought it (and I didnt even need to, i was just afraid they would die in the middle of a game). On high DPS setting, it is incredibly responsive for the price, and I honestly believe its bettered my gaming performance despite being virtually nothing in comparison to the high prices of other comparable products.
Though I am thoroughly satisfied with my purchase of this mouse, It's important to understand that I purchased it fully aware that I was buying a knock off mouse! I recommend that anyone who is considering buying this product should think very carefully about what they really want in a mouse. The E-Blue Mazer II is designed to be effective for gaming, and to this effect it performs very well, but it remains none the less a chinese knock off product in some unavoidable ways. My left mouse button began to squeak pretty obnoxiously during the first month of my using the mouse, but since then it has stopped...classic knock off stuff. 2500 DPS is...decent, but its only that. Like I said, i was aware of the certain mediocrities of this mouse such as the DPS, but for my purposes it was more than effective. In fact, its a pretty good value for a casual gamer.

Ultimately, I'd say that the mouse is a great mouse for the somewhat intermediate gamer. Not quite a beginner, but not quite a "balls deep" die hard either. Its a good way to get your hands on a piece of actual gaming equipment without blowing 100's of dollars on things you simply dont need. Just make sure youre aware before you buy that you will get what you paid for...I'm tired of seeing poor reviews of this product from people who expected far too much.

Good luck
review image
on April 15, 2014
I am basing this review off of the idea that it's only a $20 mouse. I may have rated it differently if I paid more for it. I used this to replace a wired mouse on my desktop because the wire kept getting caught on other stuff on my desk and it was annoying. Anyway, here we go.

Pros
1. It looks nice. It has a sleek design with nice colors. It looks like a much more expensive mouse.
2. The mouse is heavy, which I like. It allows me to be more precise as it takes more energy to move the mouse (by only a little bit). I edit a lot of video and when working with transitions that are .10 seconds long, every little bit of precision helps. The laser seems to track well too. No bumps, glitches, or anything like that.
3. I have experienced no connection errors but this is also for a desktop set up and the receiver is like 2 feet away.
4. The LED lights are cool. Useless, but cool. I leave them off most of the time to converse battery.
5. Four DPI settings are nice. That's more than my CM Storm had and it was $10 more than this mouse.
6. The battery life seems pretty good as long as you leave the LED lights off.
7. It feels well made. The black on top is like a matte plastic feel which adds a premium feel to it (the shiny black part is your standard plastic). The click sounds good, the scroll wheel feels solid, and overall this feels like a more expensive mouse. Kudos to Mazer for being able to do with without driving up the cost.

Cons
1. The scroll wheel doesn't scroll as much per "click" as other mice. I've found that what used to take me a single finger roll now takes 1 and a half finger rolls to get to which is a little annoying.
2. The DPI settings reset every time this mouse turns off. If it falls asleep then the DPI comes back when it "wakes up" but if you turn it off you'll have to reset the DPI. Not a big deal, the button to change it is right there on top so it takes less than 3 seconds.
3. The LED lights are totally useless and consume battery. They look cool but it is just a "looks" kinda thing and I felt at this price range they probably could've skipped that and added something else instead.
4. You have to click the mouse to wake it up. This wouldn't be a big deal except it actually registers the mouse click so sometimes you may click on things you didn't mean to.
5. The instructions are, in fact, totally in Chinese.

Overall, this is an amazing mouse for $20. If something goes wrong I'll update my review but until then, I'm happy with this purchase and I love the freedom of a wireless mouse. It's heavy, feels of high quality, and gets the job done for a fraction of the price that you'd see other mouses with this sort of design and functionality. If you're poor like me but still want a nicer looking mouse that actually feels and acts like a nicer mouse, then I'd recommend this.

The only instance I wouldn't recommend it is for long distances. Keep it near your laptop/desktop as other reviewers have mentioned that the range isn't as good as it could be.

**Update 10-11-2015**
It's been a long time since I wrote this review and after reading through it, I feel pretty much the same way I did before.

The mouse is still chugging along just fine. I've only had to change the batteries once so I'd say it has pretty decent battery life (of course, if you use the LED lights, they won't last as long...I don't use them though).

It still works like a charm. There are bits and pieces that have faded due to heavy use but this is still as good as it was the day I opened it. No weird stutters or unintentional pointer movement.

I'm going to use this thing until it breaks, it'll probably take a while given that it's lasted this long already.

**Update, December 2015**
Mouse has passed away. It started "skipping" a bit and then suddenly went dark and never revived. Considering its price and what I used it for (many hours a day for video editing, gaming, etc) along with how abusive I was to it, I'm shocked it lasted as long as it did. Would still recommend. Had it for a long time and it did well. Remember, this is a $20 mouse :)
on July 29, 2015
I bought and returned two of these, and have been using the third for three months. Big problem: upon the first three weeks of occasional use, the middle scroll click would open two to three tabs from one click of a link, or when closing a tab, would take out two in one click. Now, I have used the middle scroll button my entire adult life, I am good at it. The problem lies in a mechanical defect. And now that the third mouse, after three months of hope that I have been receiving duds all along, is exhibiting the same kind of failure, I give up and am writing it off. Please don't waste your time, you get what you pay for. I will try to update if I find a wireless mouse that does not have this flaw.

For the record, the wireless tecknet in this price range also has the same problem.
on September 10, 2013
Pros:
-Fast
-Smooth
-Two easy to program buttons.
-Fits in the hand well
-Awesome LED's
-25$

Cons:
-Instructions are in Chinese. So I can't read it. May not be a con for you though.
-Range
-A little heavy.

Thoughts:
Overall very surprising. I like this mouse very much. If you're having sensitivity problems then press down on the light between the two mouse buttons, directly below the mouse wheel.
33 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse