1,262 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Work as good or better than expected!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:04 Mins
Just received today and it's exactly what I was looking for and more! It's $5 light that changes color to anything I want. I don't see how this could get a bad review. You can select a single color or let it cycle through the colors at various.
Published 15 months ago by Adam

3.0 out of 5 stars Reacts to my tv remote
These lights function as they should, and put out a good output. The reason I marked them down is because they react to my tv remote. So, if I have them "turned off" and I change the volume on my tv, they suddenly start color strobing. Other functions on my tv remote cause other settings.

I own four similar lights from two other companies and I've never had...
Published on November 13, 2011 by J. Hetzer

3.0 out of 5 stars Reacts to my tv remote, November 13, 2011
This review is from: E-Goal 3W E27 Color Changing Light Bulb With Remote (Tools & Home Improvement)

I own four similar lights from two other companies and I've never had this problem with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work as good or better than expected!, July 9, 2013
Length:: 1:04 Mins

4.0 out of 5 stars Mood lighting for a regular light bulb socket, March 30, 2013
I had purchased these bulbs for mood lighting or mild lighting in lamps in a variety of locations in my house that I have not yet placed recessed lighting. These lights seem to have some chance of being defective (if you turn them on, set them to a particular color and they go back to flashing on their own shortly after). I ordered 2 of them and one was defective. I reported the defect and the seller replaced it without a hassle. I would like it if my TV remote would control the lights, as you have to be pointing a remote almost directly at the light to affect it. Apparently none of my TV remote buttons generate the right IR frequency. If you don't like the TV interference, moving the lamp will likely resolve the problem.

For lighting output I have included my review for a GU10 version as they are the same:

I have noticed that people expect for these lights to be comparable to 50 watt halogens, and they simply aren't. Think in terms of light that you can see by, but not that you would read by or attempt to do detail work by. Consider brighter night lights placed in the ceiling. I find it comfortable to watch TV with them on, because a dark room paired with a bright TV (or computer monitor) hurts my eyes.
As an analogy: these light bulbs are like a tack hammer, a fluorescent 13 watt CFL is a regular claw hammer, and a 150 watt halogen is a sledge. Use the hammer that is appropriate to your need. Have another light available in the room. You don't do all of your kitchen chores by the under the cupboard or microwave light, do you?

As a rough figure (in my experience) multiply the watts of the LED bulb by about 9 to get the equivalent incandescent brightness. In this case that would be similar to a 25 watt bulb that shoots out light in a cone. Ask yourself first whether this would be appropriate for your needs. A nice feature of these bulbs is that if you have them in the bedroom and are laying in bed, you don't have to get up to turn them off- just keep the remote next to the bed.
The remote's effective range seems to be about 15 feet.

Is there someone in your household that you just cannot get to shut the lights off when they vacate a room?
These lights at 3 watts at max brightness use so little power that (even if you are electricity use conscious) will take 333.33 hours to use a kilowatt, or about 2 weeks to use 12 cents worth of electricity in my area. 25 cents per month used for each bulb if I never turn them off.

As a side note, all 4 of the bulbs that I purchased worked and all operated with a single remote, but you get a remote with each bulb (allowing you to scatter remotes about in convenient locations). I have owned and used the bulbs for about 4 months.

From- http://www.amazon.com/GU10-Colors-Changing-Light-Remote/dp/B005FE6WHQ/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

5.0 out of 5 stars COOL LED LAMPS, December 17, 2011
I love these Color Changing Light Bulbs With Remotes.
You just screw them in like a regular light bulb an watch the LED color change show.
You can select a color and the lamp will stay that color until changed or turned off.
The only problem is that they do not retain they last setting so they always start in color change mode, not a problem as they each come with a remote.
These are a super power savings so you can help save the planet while having fun too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool light., June 6, 2011
Not as impressive as the led strips but I can see its use on holidays or for mood lighting. Not very bright regardless so don't expect to light up an entire room with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light up your life, February 16, 2013
neat little toy light for children to use to create colors in the room. Goes well in my leg lamp at Christmas time. Neighbors are envious.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Color Changing Light Bulb With Remote, December 31, 2011
This light bulb is amazing! It produces wonderful mood lighting and has too many options to mention here, but this light bulb was worth the cost! I have is shining on a 6" disco ball, and the room comes alive with color! I have had it since May 2011 and it works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, January 24, 2013
I bought one of these on another site because it looked interesting. I received it in a few days and tried it out. It was bright!!! Wow! I really like the dimming feature and on/off. It was the best money spent on an LED light! So I came on here and bought 5 more. :) Cant wait! Especially since Valentines Day and my 21st birthday are next month. Its party time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little find. Colorful, fun, if you want a dim light, January 5, 2013
Reader (California, USA) - See all my reviews
Don't get this if you want a bright light. That's not what it's for. It's for very dim mood lighting when you want the room to be mostly dark, but want a little color.

It comes with a cute very colorful remote pad that takes a standard, easy-to-find CR-2025 button battery (one comes included and pre-installed). The bulb screws into a standard socket. It's a lot smaller than a normal bulb. The light is very directional.

When looking at the light cast by this bulb, it appears as if each color is achieved through a mixture of different colors. In other words, you can see streaks of different colors mixing on the wall to make the final color. So for purple, for example, you can see streaks of blue and red mixing on the wall, along with streaks of purple -- with the overall effect being purple, but looking like it is done with a mix of colors. The same goes for other colors. The white looks like it is the white you would get from mixing a rainbow of colors. You can see various colors in the blend shining up from the bulb.

Even so, when you look at the bulb itself closely, only one LED bulb is visible. So I don't know how the different colors are being achieved -- it's either through this one bulb being multi-color, or from other sources below that bulb. You can see light shining up from below/around the central LED bulb but it's hard to tell if that light is from other sources, or if it's just light that's bleeding down from the bulb in the center and then back up. In any case, the effect is a mixture of colors. This could be either a good thing, or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it. I find it pleasing, in the way a rainbow is, but some people might prefer a very pure color instead. If you are the pure color type of person, you might not find this bulb to your liking.

This would make a GREAT inexpensive gift for a teenager or a kid (as long as there are no safety issues I am not aware of) because the light produced, and the remote itself, are both very appealing.

The construction of the bulb is very solid and sturdy. The remote is not bad either. It's light weight and each button gives a very clear tactile clicking feeling (but no click sound) when pressed. You can also use the remote to fade the light level down, although it's already very dim, one or two levels. There are strobe and flash buttons too but I have not gotten those to work yet... to be fair, I haven't tried very hard. I was guessing those might relate to setting the way the light transitions between colors, because they are next to two more buttons "smooth" and "fade" which I also haven't figured out.

The controller is directional, meaning it has to be pointed at the bulb to work. It controls the light in my case even though the bulb is hidden inside a paper/cloth lamp shade, without any problems. If you buy multiple bulbs and remotes they all control each other but only when pointed close enough.

I'm very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, January 8, 2013
these lights are great , delivered quickly and they look wonderful!
i have them set up in my kitchen over our island , two lights hundg fromthe ceiling, they are both on one switch, they both turn on at the same time and are in sinc with each other when they fade and change colors

E-Goal 3W E27 Color Changing Light Bulb With Remote