5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate primer to email marketing
Published on July 30, 2008 by Eric Guerin

3.0 out of 5 stars Was Not What I Was Looking For
I was looking for a How To guide on creating/formatting, etc. emails in Constant Contact. This guide is promoting the idea of email marketing and strategies. I'm already using email marketing. I did not need to be sold on the idea. I need tips, tricks, tutorial on how to actual create, edit, etc. in Constant Contact.
Published on August 28, 2010 by R. Bielas

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate primer to email marketing, July 30, 2008
John Arnold's manual for email marketing is an amazing resource for anyone looking to start or accentuate their email marketing. The information is presented in a way that is easy to follow with enough technical explanation to help everyone from the complete novice to the expert. I have been doing email marketing for a couple years, have attended seminars on it BUT I still found new and interesting information, statistics and resources in this book that were incredibly helpful in organizing my email marketing efforts. Before you sign up for an email marketing account with a service provider, make it a point to get this book and give it a read. You'll find it incredibly helpful!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Resource for Every Small Business Owner, January 8, 2008
John Arnold has created a practical manual that will be useful to a wide range of people. The information is presented in a clear and concise manner with organized content and a good use of examples. Written in an easy-to-follow format, it virtually walks you through the necessary steps of creating and maintaining an email campaign. It is a must-have for any business owner who wants an effective and time-saving answer to customer communication. Other manuals will come and go but this valuable resource will stay on my office desk for a long time to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Must Read" for "Getting Up to Speed", April 25, 2009
When I bought E-mail Marketing for Dummies, I was totally clueless about how to launch an e-mail campaign. Fortunately, John Arnold does a very good job of demystifying the entire process of e-mail marketing. Arnold communicates in very simple terms and uses jargon sparingly but strategically. In addition, Arnold breaks the e-mail marketing process down into small, step-by-step pieces, all of which are easy to grasp.

Arnold also discusses how your e-mail marketing strategy should be integrated with your overall marketing strategy, so that your brand's value in the eyes of your contact are not compromised. Hence, Arnold demonstrates that the principles of marketing apply just as much online as they do offline.

By the time I finished reading E-mail Marketing for Dummies, I was talking like a pro, and had a million ideas of how I would conduct my first e-mail campaign, and was very confident I could make it a great success.

I highly recommend E-mail Marketing for Dummies if you need to become an e-mail marketing expert in a hurry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Info on E-Mail Marketing and List Building, January 26, 2011
This was the first book I read on this subject since I am preparing to launch a web-based lead generation business this year using my OrganicLawnCare.Com domain name. The book gives pretty good detail into how to use emails to generate traffic to your website. It also goes into detail on ways to build an email list that you would use to send your emails. It was definitely a good primer on the subject.

I also have the Web Marketing All-In-One for Dummies which is HUGE and looks like it will cover just about every aspect of how to start and market a web-based business. I would probably recommend that you get that book since it appears to cover just about anything you could think of regarding marketing your web-based business. I would say that E-Mail Marketing for Dummies is pretty much included within this monster! Otherwise, if you're just interested in e-mail marketing, save yourself some space on your bookshelf and just get this book.

Now on to more reading...cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for both novices and veterans, March 14, 2009
Carl J. Street (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
No matter where you are in the email marketing learning curve this book will serve you well.

Novices will like its detail and step by step approach that will quickly get them on the right path and avoid many expensive and frustrating pitfalls.

Veterans will benefit by UN-learning many of the myths about email marketing that experience shows is counter-productive as well as learn important recent changes that have taken place in email marketing.

Both groups will find this book well indexed for quick look-ups and problem solving long after their inital read. If you have only the time and/or money for one email marketing book -- THIS is the one to get.

3.0 out of 5 stars Was Not What I Was Looking For, August 28, 2010
R. Bielas (Shelby Township, MI United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Starting an Email Campaign, January 5, 2008
I thought the book was informative, practical, and concise. It had many good features, but its best feature is its ability to explain how to create an email campaign based on your business' objectives and get great results. I thought John Arnold did a great job in writing this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., March 6, 2014
This review is from: E-Mail Marketing For Dummies (Paperback)
I sure am glad I bought this book. It's aterrific read and has helped my business and e-mail strategy. Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dummy doing E-Mail Marketing, February 7, 2010
I'm new to this form of marketing and it gave me not only a great introduction to this form of marketing, but also provides examples to go by. This book gives you the outline, the rest is up to your imagination and creativity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expected from John Arnold!, February 10, 2009
John Arnold always delivers hands on, practical advice for the small biz owner - this book is excellent, just as expected!

E-Mail Marketing For Dummies
E-Mail Marketing For Dummies by John Arnold (Paperback - April 12, 2011)
$24.99 $16.95