5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Gerber nails it...again
Published 21 months ago by Kevin Bourke

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing
This book is a waste of time and money. Very little of value in this book. Save your money. Buy something else. Anything else!
Published 8 months ago by Vic M

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Gerber nails it...again, December 6, 2012
Kevin Bourke (Santa Barbara, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The E-Myth Financial Advisor (Hardcover)
For several years, I've enjoyed reading Michael Gerber's work. So much so that I actually keep several copies of the E-Myth in my office at all times as gifts for my self employed clients. It sheds light on the myth of the "entrepreneur." In this version Michael again sheds light on what advisors, who think they're entrepreneurs, need to do to enjoy owning a business, rather than owning a job. I liked it, as I knew I would.

5.0 out of 5 stars Same as his other books in the E Myth series., May 18, 2013
This review is from: The E-Myth Financial Advisor (Hardcover)
This is the fourth E Myth book I have read in Gerber's series. The basic ideas in all his books are the same and ABSOLUTELY necessary to understand if you are going to start or already in any kind of business. I have read the different books to learn about particular problems in different types of businesses.

A long time ago I got a B.S. degree in general business. The degree took 4 years but should have been condensed to 4 months and then I should have read a few of Gerber's short E Myth books.

Gerber is especially hard on technicians (bakers, engineers, financial planners, real estate brokers, etc) who start a business but instead of creating a business all they do is create a job for themselves and then believe they just have to work harder to succeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read !, October 20, 2013
This review is from: The E-Myth Financial Advisor (Hardcover)
Outstanding! The "Michaels" are fantastic at identifying the issues and then providing real instruction to let you live the life of your dreams.

5.0 out of 5 stars New view, June 6, 2013
This review is from: The E-Myth Financial Advisor (Hardcover)
This book gave me a brand new way of approaching my financial advisory practice. And the idea of managing processes instead of people was an epiphany for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is for new or mostly new Advisors., August 1, 2014
This review is from: The E-Myth Financial Advisor (Hardcover)
If you are a "newbe" advisor, use Michael & Michael's Planning Triangle.

There are 3 components:
1). The Completion Plan
2). The Practice Plan
3). The Business plan.

Once these are completed appropriately using the step by step point/counterpoint dialogue offered by Mike Gerber & Mike Steranka, your job done. Stick to these plans and let them along with Michaels (both) voice guide you and your firm into the light.

I know you are asking, why only 4 stars. Simple, as the book will explain. It is about why most Advisory practices don't work and what to do about it. The book leaves the final star to YOU. So, no this is not a book that will do it for you. A hands on approach is required and I would not have it any other way. although, I had hoped for more specific Financial Advisory topics as apposed to the broader Advisory in general. All in all, If you are serious about a Financial Advisory practice. Use the Triangle and contact me if you want to do something together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe the only book, about the business perspective of ..., August 20, 2014
This review is from: The E-Myth Financial Advisor (Hardcover)
Maybe the only book , about the business perspective of a financial advisory firm. For Business owner or Future business owner of financial advisory firm, reading this book is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding and Must Read for Financial Advisors, July 22, 2011
This review is from: The E-Myth Financial Advisor (Hardcover)
I know, there are about a thousand books out there on creating a successful Financial Services practice. However, Michael Steranka is a genius when it comes to building a practice. Having only been in the business for about 20 years, Mike has figured it out, and he's passing that information along to us. I have been fortunate to work a little closer to Mike with one of the companies we both belong to and I can tell you that he is a wealth of knowledge and is eager to help. Will this book solve all of your business practice problems? Probably not. But if you put these strategies and practices into play within your own financial firm you will see a dramatic change for the better. Definitely a must read for financial advisors.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, January 13, 2014

The E-Myth Financial Advisor
The E-Myth Financial Advisor by Michael Steranka (Hardcover - May 6, 2011)
$24.95 $17.17