4.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional entry level dashcam dvr
I gave this product a 4 star rating versus a 5 star rating because it might be better to wait a few months for an upgraded product to become available. One of the features missing is Wide Dynamic Range(WDR), this feature enhances the Video quality at night, which the current model is poor at.

1. It has a very small form factor, and can be easily be mounted...
Published 13 months ago by Wayne Z

2.0 out of 5 stars the camera video is good But.... Don't buy.
Published 12 months ago by Viera95

4.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional entry level dashcam dvr, October 21, 2013

1. It has a very small form factor, and can be easily be mounted behind the rear-view mirror, so it is mostly out of sight to the casual observer.

2. The mounting bracket, in my model has the GPS option, this is a good feature when you want to playback the videos. It allows you to watch your trip on your PC, and see the exact position on Google maps. To do this you will need to download a free video viewer, as this vendor does not supply one.
Here is a nice viewer,([...]

3. I recommend obtaining a 32gig class 4 microsd card for this device, while not required, it makes it more convenient to use. It is much easier to take the microsd card out and just copy the files to your PC, and the card will hold about 6 hours of videos, before recycling the old videos. SanDisk 32GB MicroSDHC High Speed Class 4 Card with MicroSD to SD Adapter

4. The audio recording feature works well, and it can be easily muted at anytime with just one button push.

5. The screen display is a good feature, it provides real-time feedback on the status of the recording, and several other settings, such as record/standby, GPS status, etc.

6. The instruction manual is poorly written, but adequate.

7. Finally, if you want outstanding information on this and other Dash-cameras, I would suggest visiting ([...] ([...]

2.0 out of 5 stars the camera video is good But.... Don't buy., November 9, 2013
i have been using dash cams in my cars for about 3 years now and always had good luck with them... until now. This camera definitely has the best video quality. I also like how small and lightweight it is. but finding an SD card that works with this camera has been an expensive nightmare. Every card I have tried brings up the "Slow card error" after the card fills up and stops the recording. So I've yet to get it to cycle record properly. I tried a Class 4 - didn't work. Tried a "class 6 U1" and a "class 6" - did not work and the manual says not to use a class 10. Sometimes it also brings up the "Class 10 Error" anyway. I updated the firmware and I had to drop the video quality to 720p. It appears to be cycle recording now but $90 for a 720p camera is not a good deal.

Bottom line is I bought 2 of them before I noticed the problem and both of them are doing the same thing so I don't think I just happened to receive 2 defective cameras. I think most of the positive reviews on here were either never updated or they have the built-in 8gb memory model or people are checking the footage a lot and never letting the cards fill up. So yea, I'm going to try and send them back; hopefully Amazon will accept them.

here is a web site with a lot of info about this camera.
[...]

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware on this unit., June 11, 2014
This review is from: E-PRANCE® Mini 0801 Car DVR Dash Camera Ambarella A2S60 Chip 5M pixel CMOS + GPS Logger + High Resolution Full HD 1080P 30 FPS + G-sensor + License Plate + 135 Degree Wide Angle View (Electronics)
I purchased this dash cam based on a stellar review from Techmoan on Youtube. Little did I know that the camera I bought from Tech-e (prime eligible) was not the same unit. I elected to go with them as the vendor because BAIKLOV (the main seller of this model) has a 2-3 week lead time before shipping and I wanted the cam sooner than that. Well What I got from Tech-e was a very cheap knock off of the 0801. First think I noted was it did not have the printed 1080P markings or the front facing speaker as shown. After that I had to fight the camera to get it to accept my SD card in the slot. Once that was done I fought the GPS module to keep it secured to the camera. There isn't any way to do this, and the fit of the camera to the GPS mount is very loose and does not make a good connection. After I got that sorted out I went to try and decipher the users manual. With some time spent making sens of the poorly translated instructions I attempted to go in and set the unit up and get it ready for use. Well to my surprise there is no way to change the settings at all.

So I decided to check out the quality of the video this thing was capturing in one last ditch effort to justify my purchase. Well the actual camera unit is of such poor quality and has a cheap lens that produces a very bad fish bowl effect. Playback on the unit was not smooth at all. Instead it's displays 1 frame every 2 seconds. During all this I had it plugged into my power port in my car and I noticed that this camera got very hot.

So I am returning it and going to purchase the one sold by BAIKLOV in hopes that it is not a cheap knock off. So shoppers please be aware that if you want the actual dash camera that's depicted here DO NOT buy it from Tech-e.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working, no support from eprance, October 22, 2013
The camera itself only lasted about 2 weeks, the charger started getting flaky then it failed and seemed to cause a short in the camera which will not power on.
Eprance unfortunately provided no assistance, they told me the unit is under warranty, but then ignored all communication and would not even provide an address to send it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defictive and no refund of purchase price for material returned., January 6, 2014
I ordered and received this from E-prance early October 2013. The camera worked only once with 3 files saved then after that all files were corrupt. Never did get the GPS function to work. Contacted E-prance and I will say communication was fairly quick with a 2 day delay due to the China location. After several suggestions from E-prance nothing worked so I asked for a RMA number to return this for refund. Sent to E-prance on October 24 2013. Now it's January 6 2014 and have not received any refund. E-prance cannot locate the returned item. I think I'm screwed for any refund on the item. I would not recommend this to anyone based on my experience with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars What A Dashing Dash Cam, January 2, 2014
V. Do (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I primarily chose this dash cam for it's discreteness and 1080p recordings. I got the version without built-in memory and with GPS logger.

Pros:
-Small and discrete size
-Easy to remove and put back into mount if you don't want your car broken into
-1080p recordings are pretty sharp compared to other cams
-Good night recordings. No infrared is used, just whatever light is out there which is mainly from your headlights
-Build quality is good, doesn't feel cheap
-Mount powers and charges the cam. Uses mini USB port
-GPS logger is built into the mount and surprisingly works well as it's supposed to (I recommend using RegistratorViewer to view recordings than the one this came with)
-Menu interface is easy to navigate. You have to hold the up button to go to the menu. Hold the up button again to go back
-Comes with an extra 3M sticky pad (I had to relocate, luckily it came with an extra)

Cons:
-Firmware is known to be buggy! Need to update to the latest firmware version
-Difficult to find technical support. Recommend going to dashcamtalk.com/mini-0801/ for help and for the latest firmware update
-Mount is semi-permanent. Cannot adjust/move to another location without using another 3M sticky pad
-Removing the mount can be a pain. Using floss or fishing line helps greatly. Just saw off the mount and the glue should be easy to peel off
-Dash cam can be picky with SD cards!

-It is recommended in the instruction manual to use Class 4 or 6 microSD cards. There are various issues, such as recycling full cards or only filling up half the card, when using Class 10 microSD cards. However, I'm hearing that the latest firmware version addresses most of the problems. More testing is needed to verify this. I am currently using a SanDisk Ultra 32GB class 10 microSD card without any major problems with the latest firmware update.

-The latest firmware update records MPH only and older versions use KPH. You cannot select MPH or KPH in the menu. You'd have to install the firmware that supports what you want.

Overall, I am satisfied with the performance of the Mini 0801 dash cam despite the flaws with the firmware. There's still a lot of room for improvement in the dash cam sector but it's definitely getting better and more affordable. The Mini 0801 does a fine job as a mid-priced dash cam ranging around $100. A big step up from those cheap low budget cams in the $60 range.

1.0 out of 5 stars Generic = junk, July 17, 2014
Be aware of this unit. It shows "Generic" as the manufacturer. It does not have the correct firmware and does not allow you to update it. There is no Software included in the box ( although it is mentioned in the instructions). The Chinese/Engrish manual is a joke. Make sure you buy it from Amazon so you can return it. I returned mine and bought the real one from Amazon showing it made E-Prance.

5.0 out of 5 stars ​​►Quite possibly the BEST "Fire-and-Forget" dashcam I've ever owned., November 14, 2013
​​►It's easy to program and, even easier to install.

--Mind you,... I went the extra mile and hardwired the power source to the ignition (as I do everything, to avoid having a clusterpuck of wires, cords and cables from cell, bluetooth and GPS units on the floor of my car), mounted the camera with an "L" bracket onto my rear view mirror (to reach the highest aspect point of the windshield for maximum recording view), and installed a 32gb SDHC card for maximum overwrite capacity (as I drive from Arizona to New Jersey several times a year and bear witness to hundreds of idiot drivers EVERY time).

I opted to steer clear of the GPS option only because, I would rather save the space on my SDHC for more video storage rather than, random data about my speed, location and specific coordinates.

Overall,... the quality is great for less than $100 (USD) dashcam, it was easy to install and, easier to program,... -I'm actually considering purchasing a second unit as a rear view camera :-D

1.0 out of 5 stars We returned this same day, June 30, 2014
Instructions are incomprehensible. Unit ran as hot as charcoal (figuratively). Tried to set up on four computers, GPS USB interface was never recognized.

I had really high hopes for this based on other reviews. I'm hardly technologically illiterate, but I was baffled.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage $10 camera, not as advertised... stay away, July 4, 2014
this camera is a counterfeit to the EPRANCE seller cameras, I originally purchased 4 and then bought an additional 2, the last two to come are obviously garbage. The firmware is out of date, its a nightmare to navigate the settings, theres no MPH speed setting, all kinds of different and missing other settings. The buttons are not responsive when pressing them to navigate the menu. OHHHH and the camera is NOT 5mp, but 4mp. I suggest staying away from this seller and the $10 cameras they sell. USAMAZIN look for a dispute on this!!!!