Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on December 19, 2007
I just received my sole, fast shipping. The machine is really sturdy and solid. I bought it because I am particularly heavy and its one of the few machines with a higher weight limit and a lower price.
I tried it tonight and i cannot believe how smooth the motion in backward and forward alike. I was also pleasantly surprised at the speakers and the built in fan on the console and the pretty blue back light.
I highly reccomend this as even a heavy and tall person like myself can use this with ease, you are basically only a couple inches (maybe 3) of the ground, so if youre 6 feet you can use it in a 7 foot high room
The assembly did take longer than anticipated, but they provide you with tthe hardware and tools you need to put together. I think it took about 1.5 hours, but really for such a stable and sturdy machine, this is well worth it. I cannot stress ont he quality and durability of the sole e25.
I did hours of research one day and while I wasn't in the mood to pay more for this machine, I am really really glad i did and I am glad i found the few reviews that highly reccomend Sole products, and i would like to also reccomend them. They also have a good warranty as well.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2008
I chose the E25 after extensive research and received it as a Christmas gift in 2007. I'm a big guy (250) and this model purports to handle weight capacity of up to 325 lbs. It doesn't. For three months, it worked perfectly, then one day the rollers slipped off the track and gouged the aluminum rails. The machine kept going off track and was unusable. Sole warranty service sent replacement parts and had a technician come to my home yesterday to repair. Within 3 minutes of starting my first workout, the SAME PROBLEM happened again. I'm waiting for Sole's response to my request for either repair or replacement. More recent expert reviews indicate that the actual weight capacity for this machine is actually about 230 lbs; I wish those reviews were out when I selected this machine.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2007
My brother in law recommended the Sole E25 to me after he had bought one and loved it. Site unseen, I bought online and was leery even with his positive comments. I'm so glad I did, the quality of the machine is tremendous. I'm truly amazed Sole can build this piece of equipment for the price.

I really enjoy using the machine, it takes a little getting used to but now it is quite enjoyable exercise.

And I feel great!!
on May 9, 2008
I was a little hesitant in purchasing this because despite the number of positive reviews, there were also some negative ones that seemed to be the same issue. I called Sole to ask them about this and the sales person gave me a very good explanation and made me feel comfortable.

Shortly after I hung up, my apprehension came back because I realized this was a sales person, and his job was to make me feel comfortable. I bit the bullet and kept the order because they did have a return policy where I wouldn't have to pay shipping. In writing I could see the worst case scenario was I would be out $80 bucks, and if the machine was defective, I was going to fight even that.

The elliptical came and I couldn't be happier. I am so glad I went with Sole, and I am so glad that I didn't let a few bad reviews sway me. It has a similar feel to the units I was using at the gym, and I like knowing it's MINE! No big sweaty jock has been climbing on it for an hour before me. If you are on the fence about this model, or even looking at ellipticals in general, I would strongly reccommend this to anyone.
on January 27, 2008
Amazon wont let me change stars...anyway
Couple things...sole customer service does not respond to telephone calls. Email them thru their website and register your product and they will respond...slowly but they do respond. 2nd..there is a known issue wit the pedal is a defect and it is fixable. Call them and ttey will send you a new pedal assembly. Get BOTH sides...even if one hasnt started squeaking. My pedals dont squeak anymore but the stride has a hitch after squeaky pedal replaced. I will keep you all updated.

2/11/08--Still no response from sole support.
Manual says nothing about squeaking pedals which come pre-assembled.
Very dissapointed so far.
UPDATE 1/29/08: Eliptical started squeaking...a lot. So I called sole, twice. There support is non existant. No live person answers the phone and they have yet to call me back and its been over 24 hours. Poor customer service and support. Funny thats one of the main reasons I bought sole to begin with. Very poor support.

A good product but see above issue.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2008
As a 50 yr. old woman who was overtaken by menopausal weight gain, I had to do something. I used to be a runner but my knees can no longer take the pounding. Swimming laps was too boring. I had tried some elliptical machines and some were fine for my knees and some hurt. I strongly suggest that you find a gym, fitness center, or sporting goods store and try out different models before you buy. This Sole elliptical has a 20 inch stride and I wouldn't go any shorter than that, and I'm a short person. The pedals also adjust the angle that is most comfortable for the user. I gather that the wrong angle can make your toes tingle.

I hated to pay the money for this machine but it is worth it. Setup took maybe and hour and wasn't difficult, although it is heavy so having a helper is good. Initially there was a rubbing noise but my hubby discovered that one of the factory installed bolts was not tight and fixed it. I have had it for 4 weeks and have lost 8 pounds and 3 inches (waist, hips, thigh). I work out for an hour each day. It's nice that I can vary the workout with the different programs. This machine can be used with or without using your arms. The controls are quick and easy to use and only took about 10 minutes to figure out. It is so smooth and quiet that I can watch tv or listen to music easily. My favorite thing is it has a sort of shelf on the console that I can prop a book on and read.... anything to keep my mind off how I'm feeling tired or other things I could be doing. The little fan cools your face. It has holders for a waterbottle (included), MP3, and I can hang a towel on the stationary handlebar. One feature I hadn't thought was important was the calories burned indicator. However, now that I know how hard I need to work to burn off that 150 calorie Little Debbie Cake, I am finding it easier to put them down.

So, I recommend this machine highly. The cheaper, lighter machines don't have the stability or smooth stride.
on February 1, 2008
I purchased this from Amazon last month, took about 10 days to get to my house. I emailed Amazon customer service and got the freight fowarders phone #. This eliminated any delivery problems.

The unit is about the size on a small refer and fit through my door nicely.

I have a room with tall ceilings, I would suggest that you check you ceiling height before purchasing.

I was fairly easy to put together as it come 1/2 way assembled.

Love the quality, I can watch TV as I zip up and down the make believe gullys and hills. Its very quiet.

I don't think you can find a better unit for the price.
on February 12, 2008
I ordered my sole E25 direct from Sole (free shipping). It arrived within 5 days. I found the assembly easy. It had clear directions and all the tools came with the unit. I'm a big guy 6'4" 265#. I find the Machine very comfortable, smooth, and quiet. I would buy it again.
on July 2, 2008
When I started looking for an elliptical trainer, I looked at the units at a couple of local stores and saw various models of Proform, NordicTrack, Horizon, etc. None of them were fully to my liking. The ones that approached the quality that I was interested in were ~$1000, but they still didn't "wow" me.

I read so many online reviews, and had just ablout decided on a model, when I went to another local store that had the E25 on display. After looking it over and trying it out, I was sold. This machine met every one of my expectations. It is ultra-smooth, well built, and has a better feature set than most of the reviews indicated. (It is now obvious that those reviews were for the 2007 model.) The machine now has 20 levels of reistance and 10 programs. In addition, it is slightly heavier and has a higher maximum weight.

The instructions were fairly clear, and it took me only an hour to assemble it. I'm extremely happy with this elliptical trainer!
on March 23, 2008
We bought the Sole elliptical so we could work out at home without heading to the gym. It's worth the money and suits our needs. We were debating between the e25 and e35, but decided to go with the less expensive model. We don't think we notice the difference. It's assembly was fairly easy and it came with it's own tools for the assembly process. It's a smooth machine, although does creak occasionally. Overall we are satisfied with the purchase.

See 1 answered question