Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 24, 2010
I believed the hype for these E3 plugs and installed them on my 1998 4x4 Tahoe Sport. Immediately upon starting it, I could tell it was missing. I retraced all of the wires to make sure I did not switch anything because I believed there was no way the new plugs could be the cause. The OBD II error codes I was getting was P0300 for random multiple misfire, P0305 for Cylinder 5 misfire, and P0135 for an O2 Sensor malfunction.

Before doing anything else, I happened to type in "E3 spark plug Tahoe problems" into Google. My research showed for every one person whose mileage improved, there were 10-15 people who had catastrophic issues. Even the ones which worked only lasted for a short time before throwing OBD-II error codes. I pulled the plug from cylinder 5 and it was wet with gas. I pulled all of the E3 plugs and replaced with original. Started up and purred like a kitten again.

Web searching showed many people said to stick with AC Delco plugs and others said the Bosch Platinum +4 were the ones to try so I returned the e3's and purchased those. Definitely don't waste your valuable time or money on E3 plugs...if I could have given it negative stars I would have. Buyers beware!!!
on March 8, 2010
I bought a set of these for my 2005 PT Cruiser GT Turbo and paid $8.95 per plug. The plugs seemed to produce
more power, yet made my car miss BIG time. There was a stumbling that was not there before the E3's. Ended up replacing the E3's with stock plugs and that took care of the missing/stumbling. Thankfully, the company refunded me for the plugs. "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is" Better mileage? More power? Big mistake buying the E3's.
on November 26, 2010
I was very anxious to try these spark plugs after several recommendations. At first they where great. My truck started easier, ran smoother and even got better fuel economy like they advertise. I have a 2006 GMC Seirra and I got an average of over 20 mpg for the first time ever. I was really happy. BUT... With less than 5000 miles my truck started running poorer and poorer untill it couldn't even get up into my driveway. I had already given my truck a full tune up and I could not find the problem. I had my truck put on a flatbed and towed to the dealership. After about 10 minutes they pulled the spark plugs out and showed me my plugs that where clearly fouled. I didn't think to check them because they where new and the truck had ran so good with them at first. 5000 miles is way too short of a lifespan. The Tech at the Dealership wasn't surprised at all. He said that when he saw that the plugs where E3's, he decided that was the first thing he would check. All the plugs where fouled, not just one or two. I triple checked on E3's website to make sure that I had the right plugs for my truck and even checked the gap which was correct, which the way the plug is designed you can't change the gap anyway. My truck has OEM ACDelco's back in it and it runs fine. Save yourself some headaches and skip these.
44 comments|19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2010
I put the plugs in 6 mos ago, truck ran great for a while then one morning, check engine light and a BAD misfire. Plugs only had @ 5k miles on them. Replaced them with AC delco plugs and problem is gone. From what I have read, mine is not an isolated incident.
04 Silverado 5.3L.
on October 27, 2009
Purchased these plugs for my silverado 6.0L
They ran good for a couple of days then misfired every time
Finally, replaced with bosch plugs and no more problems
on April 1, 2010
I saw these plugs advertised on the show Gearz TV. The claim was improved gas mileage over standard plugs. Maybe so but I couldn't run them long enough to find out. One of the plugs fouled out in about 2 weeks and according to the markings on the ceramics on the business end of the plugs, a second one was well on its way to fouling out. I had a ASE Certified Master Mechanic check my truck after it started running ruff and his computer identified the bad plug. We changed them out and went back to the AC plugs and all is well. The only bad thing is I had to send them back to Amazon and only got $38 of my original $48 purchase back and that is after I had to pay a mechanic $50 for a diagnoses and another $60 for the AC plugs and installation. "Live and learn!". rc
on April 6, 2010
Put a set of E3's in my Ford explorer. Started throwing a bad cam sensor error code. Replaced the cam sensor and servo, same error code. Replaced the plugs with the Accel's that were in there before and no more error code. The E3's are apparently not insulated properly (which may be why so many complain about failure) and they can and do put out stray radio frequencies that the computer cannot understand. Wouldn't waste my money on E3's.
on March 31, 2012
I read reviews on these plugs after I bought them (too late). I bought them on the recommendation of a parts guy at an automotive store. I put a set of E3 spark Plugs is a 2006 Kia Spectra 2.0 litre engine at 55K miles. At first I was pleased with them. I seemed to have better torque off the line and my fuel economy was good. Eight months later and about 10K miles and my engine was coughing and sputtering under moderate acceleration mostly in 4th or 5th gear. It progressively got worse and my fuel economy seemed to dip a bit although the engine ran fine under heavy acceleration and at highway speeds. I just replaced them with NGK G-Power Platinum Alloy plugs which are mid level plugs, nothing fancy. The difference is night and day. The smoothness and fluid acceleration I didn't even know I was missing is back and my car purrs. I really wanted to believe in these plugs but they were a waste of money. Go with the OEM spec plugs and change them more often than the 100K they say you can go and you will be good to go.
on September 11, 2011
More power... better fuel economy... big promises. I thought nothing of there being a problem, because some guy from a horsepower type television show reviewed them on video and showed that they increased the hp/fuel economy using some kind of vehicle performance program with them in a already high hp car. I was excited to see what they would do for my 1999 Pontiac Firebird 3.8L V6! After hours of my brother installing them being that Pontiac obviously didn't want anyone replacing their spark plugs easily on this car, we found that it made the engine misfire, and the check engine light came on. There may have been a power increase, but all I noticed was the misfire and my displeasure in the results. I was pissed to say the least. I drove the car using slow acceleration for the next few days being that that seemed to keep it from misfiring... mainly misfire at high revs think anything over 3k rpms. My brother took out the E3s finally and replaced them with AC Delcos. Car runs awesome now! I should've read all these reviews before I purchased the E3s... still waiting on my refund from E3 themselves.
on October 16, 2010
About two months ago, I purchased these E3 spark plugs from a local shop per their suggestion for standard interval replacement. The clerk advised me that the E3 plugs are the new highness. I got the exact ones that I needed. There was no doubt about it. They did not have the NGK Iridiums that I usually use in my supercharged vehicle so I decided to give them a shot. What was the worse that could happen? They were excellent for a few months!

Well, I'll tell ya! When I started up my car yesterday I notice that Idle was extremely rough. Cylinder 4 started missing like crazy and it was basically not drivable. Fearing the worse, I put her back in the garage. I had to catch a ride to work. When I got home I decided to check the plugs and none of them seemed to have anything wrong with them. I put them back in tightly and tried again just to make sure one of them didn't get loose. The rough idle and missfiring continued. I took them out and put my OLD, dirty, busted up, trashed NGK plugs back in and viola, no misfire and the engine was running super smooth and strong again.

I don't understand what went wrong with these plugs but I know that I will NOT be using E3 plugs ever again. I usually give the benefit of the doubt with things as I know that the potential for manufacturing defects is always there but with spark plugs, I'm not taking that chance! I have NEVER had a problem with ANY NGK plug that I have EVER used. I use them in my cars, bikes, mowers and trimmers. NO problems.

I'm going to now buy two sets of NGKs for my car and will always keep a set handy. That's the smart thing to do. Live and learn!

See 1 answered question