4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you're a fan of the games
Ok, I got this for Wing Commander and Road Rash. Road Rash is ok, not great but ok. Like stated before, the music loops endlessly. Gameplay is ok. But, it all gets boring quick. I guess it has more to do with the fact that the gameplay, plot, graphics are really from yesteryear and we've all gotten a bit spoiled with today's systems.

Now, for the main game I...
Published on February 7, 2009 by lorsban

2.0 out of 5 stars Some fun, but also a disappointment
I bought this because of Syndicate, but it turns out the Syndicate in this collection is nothing like the old PC version that I loved... (It's a weird console port from the Genesis...) Same goes for Wing Commander... I had fun playing Desert Strike and the flipper-game, but I wouldn't have bought it just for that.
Published on January 21, 2007 by M. Hofer

2.0 out of 5 stars Some fun, but also a disappointment, January 21, 2007
This review is from: EA Replay - Sony PSP (Video Game)

2.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for ruining my childhood memories EA, January 11, 2007
This review is from: EA Replay - Sony PSP (Video Game)
If you're looking for a collection of 14 games that take up less than 32 mbs on a system that can run PS2 games ... then you've found what you're looking for right here. On the other hand, if you're looking for a nostalgic glance into your videogaming past ... well, you may still want to keep looking. While this game provides a modest selection of titles it hardly reflects all of the games in the package in an perfect-port manner. Notably the Road Rash games ... games which I grew up with and my primary reason for purchasing this item. Since EA decided to get rid of the original soundtrack and replace it with looping crap these games lost a big part of what made them so great. Sadly this is a perfect example of the type of company EA has become from the great company that it once was. If you're desperate to go old school or looking for variety, you might consider this. Just remember that with other options available for the psp cough*homebrew*cough you can actually play the real versions of some classic gaming gems. Cheers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you're a fan of the games, February 7, 2009
lorsban (Philippines) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EA Replay - Sony PSP (Video Game)

Now, for the main game I wanted, the best space sim of all time, in my opinion: Wing Commander!!! Man, was I excited when I found out I could relive the old days when I'd spend hours playing this game on my Sega CD (understood, it's nothing like PC but hey...). The graphics are practically the same, BUT you can't reverse the vertical controls, meaning it only comes standard where you press down to go up. I never play flight sims like this so it took me a while to get used to it. Next concern is there's no documentation on how to communicate. So, I'd run the first mission and simply die trying to land!

Luckily, I read that this was an SNES port so I checked the controls and it states you have to use button combos to communicate, in this case Triangle + R. Triangle + "select" lets you choose among the list, "select" selects the option you want. Cumbersome, but at least you get to complete missions! If I hadn't known about this, I'd give this whole thing a rating of 2 instead of an average of 3.5 (with WC alone getting a 4), in my opinion. Obviously, I'm a huge fan of this game.

Now, for the rest of the games, they're all ok and perfectly playable. Well worth the price IF there's a game on there which you're a huge fan of. If you're only getting this for the sole reason that there are a lot of games, it's not as worth it because these games can't compete with what's there today. Hell, compare Road Rash here to MotoGP and you'll see what I mean. But, if you were a fan of Road Rash, you'd probably be playing this more than you will MotoGP. That's just how it is.

3.0 out of 5 stars Genesis Recycled for Classics on the Go, January 24, 2009
This review is from: EA Replay - Sony PSP (Video Game)
The cool thing about this collection is that it's all that you see on the package and more: inside are more games than are listed on the package (for example, I started playing "Haunting - Starring Polterguy" just because I was surprised to see it).

That said, the downside is that all of them are Sega Genesis ports. I loved Syndicate on the Amiga, but the Genesis version was pretty poor. The same goes for Wing Commander: great on the PC, completely unplayable on the Sega CD. And while I did love the Genesis Road Rash games, most people are used to the later Road Rash games that actually had good music (on the Sega CD, or with the Road Rash 3 cartridge).

If you want to relive the glory days of beating your favorite Genesis classics, this product will ultimately disappoint. But if you just want to go back and goof around on the old games you remembered and enjoyed, this title will fit the bill. It's been more fun as a way of showing my daughter what the Genesis used to be like.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mutant League is Back!, November 22, 2006
A Kid's Review
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: EA Replay - Sony PSP (Video Game)
For the price of the game ($20!), this is a major steal. This is a collection of the great original games EA used to make before they went crazy with the movie games. There are 14 games, the most notable being Mutant League Football, Road Rash 1,2, and 3, and 2 games from the classic "Strike" series. With the addition of ad hoc multiplayer, Mutant League football alone is reason enough for this game especially since it costs more for just the genesis cartridge. MLF is the definition of an arcade football game. Lagging behind the other team in points? Then just wipe out the whole team and win by default. Bribing the refs and throwing explosive "fumbles" right at the other team also adds to the insanity of the game. Plus the load times are nonexistant which is a rarity for the psp. Pick it up now!

2.0 out of 5 stars -port of a bad port-, April 29, 2007
Ron D. (Northern California) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: EA Replay - Sony PSP (Video Game)
I bought this for one reason - In fact this one reason is what led me to ultimately buy a PSP (at that particular moment anyway). The reason was "WING COMMANDER." One of my all-time favorite PC game series' now defunct from EA's take over of Origin Systems. It seams all they wanted was Ultima.

Straight to the point - These ports of Wing Commander and WC "Secret Missions" seam to be ports of the SNES ports of the original PC game - If that makes any sense. ;) Right from the title/opening sequence and omission of certain musical cues, I recognized and re-lived my hatred for this mockery of a re-make.

Break down of what I do not like:

*Very choppy animations which make the game nearly impossible to control and get a good bead on the enemy Kilrathi ships on the HUD. This should not happen on a powerful modern machine!

*Horrible use of button combinations in controlling your ship (targeting system etc.) and especially for contacting/commanding your wingman. Communications is half the game in Wing Commander. Hell, I couldn't even figure out how to contact my carrier to request permission to land & dock.

I gave this collection a 2 because I'm happy that EA has resurrected the name of Wing Commander (granted very poorly). And given the selection of other games, the $20 value isn't so bad. If anything, this experience has given me desire to put together another 486DX33 and run a few missions through the Vega sector once again. ;)

Now if EA would only invest some money in finishing the WC Prophecy story... poor Blair...

4.0 out of 5 stars EA replay, December 28, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: EA Replay - Sony PSP (Video Game)
If you like those old school nintendo style games this one will be more than satisfying, so far this one my favorites, especially mutant league football.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 6, 2014
Delivered as advertised

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Way To Relive Your Childhood!, January 1, 2008
This review is from: EA Replay - Sony PSP (Video Game)
This is a great collection of some of my favorite EA games from the Sega Genesis era. Playing Jungle Strike and Road Rash really brought me back.
Some of the music is different on a few of them, and it can be a dissapointment, but it's easy to get past once you get into the gameplay.
This game is great for anybody in there early to late 20's who grew up in this era as playing this collection can really take you back to your youth. I would recommend this game to anyone who can ever remember playing a Sega Genesis

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic games from early consoles., January 21, 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: EA Replay - Sony PSP (Video Game)
I've noticed that quite a few people are complaining that the versions of the various games are from the SNES and Genesis consoles rather than the PC versions. As a console gamer, I find these games to be spot on and quite enjoyable. Aside from some minor sound issues on Mutant League Football. ( A sort of tinny warble) The games play exactly as I remember them and look pretty good on the handheld. So if you didn't play these on the PC in their so-called "better" versions, and you're looking for a little old-school gaming, EA Replay is a good choice.

EA Replay - Sony PSP
EA Replay - Sony PSP by Electronic Arts (Sony PSP)
Used & New from: $1.46