4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, I prefer EA Sports MMA
As a long time MMA fan, I was super excited when THQ released the 2009 UFC game. I had been playing the earlier MMA games on PS2, Dreamcast, etc... I loved how realistic THQ had made their game, and really liked the game play itself, until the fight hit the ground....I just could not ever get the ground game figured out. I felt like it was a bit over complicated...
Published on October 22, 2010 by iowaFightFan

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but not great
The problem that hinders this game from being better than UFC Undisputed 2010 is the sluggish animations and the unresponsive controls. It's almost like every swing is in slow motion and you have to press the buttons a million times before your fighter will throw anything. And now submissions are pulled of with much greater ease and I don't like it. Ufc 2010 I think got...
Published on July 21, 2011 by J. Roper

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, I prefer EA Sports MMA, October 22, 2010
This review is from: EA SPORTS MMA - Xbox 360 (Video Game)

EA Sports addressed that exact issue for me. The ground game has been simplified a bit, yet it still retains most of the realistic features. This is why I actually did not purchase the 2010 UFC game, but went ahead and bought this one. So far, after about 3 hours of gameplay, I love the game!!

A lot of casual fans to the sport of MMA may not recognize the majority of fighters in this game, but the more hardcore fans will. This game features almost all of the sports top talent that are not currently in the UFC (and even a few who are, like Randy Couture and Jake Shields for example).

Overall, I like the way the game is setup. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars was because I think the stand up could be a little better.

I do recommend this game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a Beginner, December 2, 2010
Dale "kujospam" (Cleveland, In United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EA SPORTS MMA - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I'm new to mma in general, the closest I have ever gotten has been kick boxing. That said the closest game I have played to this has been fight night 3, boxing. While that game was ok to me, there was a lot of stuff I just didn't like and never could get into it. MMA I could easily get into. The controls are somewhat similar but not totally to fight night. Which is good, blocking is easier, and parrying is easier. I had a difficult time being able to tell on fight night, and here it was easier. This doesn't get as boring as does boxing because there are several different angels both you and your opponent can come at you.

The fighting styles are basically, boxing, kick boxing, wrestling, and judo. I know I'm probably not saying everything, but remember I'm new to mma in general. The training sessions are nice and teach you how the controls work, because normally with EA Sports games the manual is horrible, and training is even worse. I was able to learn the boxing and wrestling/judo parts in no time flat. Even though the kicking is setup just like the boxing, I'm not totally used to holding down the extra button, but I still like how they did that.

I was happy with the choices I had for customizing my figther. I was able to recreate almost what I look like, even my fatness. Just not as fat as I am right now, lol. Don't worry, I don't play games all day, and I'm losing weight.

But with the few hours I played this game I really enjoy the experience. I have not tried online yet though.

4.0 out of 5 stars worth it... especially for $20, February 27, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: EA SPORTS MMA - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
well... i was very skeptical about this game... the roster is the biggest downfall... but if your a hardcore mma fan you'll see alot of names that you know. as far as game play goes... it feels pretty solid. not something you'll master in a day. but that wouldnt be any fun anyway.... It sucks that the UFC went w/ THQ instead of EA... Everyone knows EA is the king of sports games... my final thought... cant go wrong for $20. UFCs only advantage over this is the roster. But I dont care about that really. If your a fan of the sport, and werent happy with UFC 2010 give this game a chance... It reminds me alot of fight night.

5.0 out of 5 stars EA Sports did it RIGHT!, October 23, 2010
This review is from: EA SPORTS MMA - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
UFC Undisputed has a lot of things going in its favor. Great license, great fighters, great commentary great presentation. Unfortunately none of these things can make up for the fact that it is a terrible experience to play it. EA may not have all of the best fighters (just the very best - Fedor? Rutten? Jacare? Couture? Miller?) but the game has it where it counts. Every facet of the gameplay is superior to the Undisputed series. Better striking, better grappling, better submissions, better career mode, better AI, better online. If the roster is a sticking point for you - they have a create-a-fighter feature. Tonight I was playing Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez in EA Sports MMA with hundreds of other people online. (Have to go add a beard to my Brock now).

Bottom line: Don't get suckered by the UFC license - if you want the best MMA game on the market, buy this game. If, however, you want the best UFC game on the market... Yeah, still buy EA Sports MMA - and then go download or create all your favorite UFC fighters. This game actually does the sport and it's athletes justice.

5.0 out of 5 stars EA MMA is more fun!!, January 9, 2011
This review is from: EA SPORTS MMA - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
let me start saying i own both games EA MMA and the UFC Undisputed 2010. Both games are good, but i am comparing features:

1. Gameplay: EA MMA is easier and more realistic. Have 2 control schemes, i prefer the default one similar to Fight night round 4, using the analog stick
2. vs CPU: EA MMA is more fair and more balanced. You can even win losing the fight with a surprise punch or kick.
3. Submissions: on ufc is it almost impossible to win by submission against the cpu, on EA MMA here is possible as long as you have stamina and you keep it locked. On ufc if the submission is applied to your fighter, it will submit most of the times unfairly. EA MMA is submission friendly to the player, there is even a direct shot to UFC while doing submission training the first time, funny!!
4. Career mode depth: ufc wins here, more options, but i like the way ea mma uses money won during fights to travel to different gyms and learn special moves and train. even though ea is simpler it is more satisfying.
5: Leagues: ufc is only ufc, EA MMA you can move between different MMA organizations, countries and have much more variety.
6. Sounds: EA MMA sounds more realistic (crowd, narration, etc)
7. Overall: EA MMA is more fun

In my opinion even though EA MMA is a simpler game, it is better, more fun and not frustrating like ufc undisputed 2010.

Buy it!!

winner: EA MMA

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game; (This and NBA 2k11 are my favorite sports games of the year), December 3, 2010
This review is from: EA SPORTS MMA - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
EAMMA is very good game with realistic fighting mechanics. It's a very fluid virtual representation of the sport that is, on one hand, very accessible but at the same time deceptively deep. Career mode is fun and informative. The game's roster is also good, highlighting many fighting styles that you will have to overcome in different ways. Aoki is a grappling beast, attempting submissions from any position. Fedor is Fedor. Wrestlers will try to grind you. Brawlers will try to knock your head off. You'll really have to master all the nuances of virtual fighting to become great at this game. The expanded rulesets are also a lot of fun to play with as well, and will affect how a match unfolds. Decisions are hard to come by when playing Vale Tudo rules, because after twenty minutes of non-stop fighting somebody is getting finished. Getting rocked in Japan usually signals the end of the match, because soccer kicks are especially effective. Little touches like this show how much love the programers have for the sport. Many UFC fans have been put off by the roster's lack of UFC fighters. FIGHTERSHARE plays a big factor in mitigating this. FIGHTERSHARE is an online library of create-a-fighters made by the EAMMA community. Users have created everyone from boxers to movie stars to historical figures to, of course, UFC fighters. With feature like PHOTO GAMEFACE, likenesses of these fighters ranges from poor to astounding, but it isn't to hard to find a good representation of your favorite fighter. Lastly, multiplayer is extremely fun. Playing this game with a friend is the way to go. I wish I could tell you about the Online mode but I mostly play local. I hear Online is very good though. Overall, this is definitely worth a purchase, especially at the reduced prices that I've been seeing this game being sold at.

4.0 out of 5 stars great fight game, December 7, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: EA SPORTS MMA - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
better than ufc, great gameplay and the game is good enough to keep you playing for months.... only downside is that as of yet there has been no dlc like new fighters or venues etc. overall a must buy

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST MMA GAME EVER MADE, June 24, 2013
This review is from: EA SPORTS MMA - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
By far the best MMA game I've ever played. Significantly better controls than any of the UFC games, and stars that TRUE MMA fans will appreciate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, October 19, 2012
This review is from: EA SPORTS MMA - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
The graphics and the details of this game is amazing it came to me very early in delivery in I was super happy the game is a lot to do but it was worth it

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid mma game, January 26, 2014
This review is from: EA SPORTS MMA - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Although the footwork is a little weird looking and the ground game is too simple for me because you just use one button to transition, the striking and submission systems are great. If this game had some of Ufc 3 mechanics for transition and more fluid movements on the feet it would be perfect.

EA SPORTS MMA - Xbox 360
EA SPORTS MMA - Xbox 360 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
$20.77