5.0 out of 5 stars Eargene
Published on July 3, 2011 by Mary

3.0 out of 5 stars Marginally good
Not a bad product but in my opinion, not worthy of all the five star reviews it had when I bought it. I find that the insert for my right hearing aid sometimes causes my ear to tickle a little. That led me to do a search at Amazon to see if I could find a product that might help alleviate the tickle. This is what I ended up with. I apply it with a large tip Johnson and...
Published 3 months ago by Robert A. Grossman

5.0 out of 5 stars Eargene, July 3, 2011
This review is from: EARGENE Soothing Ear Lotion 1 Fl. oz (Health and Beauty)
Anyone who wear hearing aids with silicone ear molds knows that ears can get itchy and sometimes sore. I have a recurring problem with one earmold and have had to leave the aid out for a day or two until the ear heals. Using Eargene has almost eliminated that problem. I am impressed. I swab out both ears with a cotton pad and a small amount of solution. I also wipe the molds with the solution every morning. I have used a lubricant to insert the troublesome mold in the past and, now, hardly use it at all. My only gripe is it has to be purchased online and it is too pricey with shipping considering the ingredients. That being said, we do pay a ridiculous amount of money for these aids and they should be comfortable. Buy 2 bottles at a time...the shipping is the same for one bottle. You don't need to use a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good product, May 24, 2011
This review is from: EARGENE Soothing Ear Lotion 1 Fl. oz (Health and Beauty)
I wear hearing aids, and find this the best product for slipping the earmold in easily. If I skip a couple of days of using it, my ears dry out and become sore.

5.0 out of 5 stars MAKES IT BEARABLE, October 19, 2013
This review is from: EARGENE Soothing Ear Lotion 1 Fl. oz (Health and Beauty)
Wearing hearing aid all day for many years takes a toll on your ears. Sometimes you have to take a break from wearing them which further isolates you from the world. With Eargene I do not have this problem anymore. Just a little goes a long way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing, February 25, 2013
This review is from: EARGENE Soothing Ear Lotion 1 Fl. oz (Health and Beauty)
Does what is designed to do- reduces the itching feeling while wearing in-the-canal- hearing aids. Product size is almost a good value for price- should be discounted a little more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hearing aid, December 7, 2013
This review is from: EARGENE Soothing Ear Lotion 1 Fl. oz (Health and Beauty)
Ordered this for my dad to help with the irritation caused by hearing aids. Works very well. Have not heard him complain since using this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eargene Soothing Ear Lotion, November 30, 2013
This review is from: EARGENE Soothing Ear Lotion 1 Fl. oz (Health and Beauty)
It is very soothing to my ears. What more can I say? I use it often and it soothes and removes the dryness caused by wearing hearing aids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., February 9, 2013
This review is from: EARGENE Soothing Ear Lotion 1 Fl. oz (Health and Beauty)
Hard to get over the counter. Works great. Put a drop on each ear before putting on hearing aids. Good.

4.0 out of 5 stars The glycerine acts like a skin lotion to moisturize the ear and sooth ..., January 1, 2015
This review is from: EARGENE Soothing Ear Lotion 1 Fl. oz (Health and Beauty)
Basically a mixture of alcohol and glycerine. The alcohol kills germs and dries your ear out. Fungus loves warm moist environments, especially the ear canal sealed off from fresh dry air because you have an ear device stuck in it. But alcohol alone will sting and leave your skin dry and irritated. Dry flaky skin actually allows germs to infect quicker. You need skin oil to seal the gaps between skin cells, serving as a lubricant and as a barrier to germs. The glycerine acts like a skin lotion to moisturize the ear and sooth the skin. So you need both the alcohol and glycerine.

In my case I found there was a bit too much glycerine in the mix so I got a bit of an oily feel in my ear after using for a while. I added some more alcohol to the mix, about one part to 2 parts of the original formula and it works much better for me. Using the new solution along with removing my earpiece when I don't need it cured the problem 100%. I use it now only after taking a shower.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps with the itching, January 6, 2013
This review is from: EARGENE Soothing Ear Lotion 1 Fl. oz (Health and Beauty)
Not crazy about the smell, but hubby likes it. Seems to help with the itching, but does not cure the problem completely. We will buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRODUCT:, February 3, 2013
This review is from: EARGENE Soothing Ear Lotion 1 Fl. oz (Health and Beauty)
This is a good product that works well. My only objection is the yellow color.
I do, however, recommend it..

EARGENE Soothing Ear Lotion 1 Fl. oz