Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder, Chocolate, 5lb Tub (More Sizes Available)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Flavor: Chocolate|Size: 5 Pound Tub|Change

on October 3, 2007
This was a blind buy and boy has it been free of regret. I have tried at least 6 different kinds of protein shakes. So far, this is the best.

The shakes that tasted good had so many additives that I could not drink more than twice a day because I would have exceeded my daily dose of the additives (chromium being the one that bothered me the most). Plus they were darn expensive. Some even had a strange aftertaste. Champion Ultramet, BSN Syntha 6 and GNC "super weight gainers" coming under this category.

The ones that were pure whey protein smelled so bad that I could not drink them. I cannot remember the exact brand names.

But EAS whey protein manages to have the best of both worlds. It is "almost" pure whey protein (the only additives this has are artificial sweetners). Plus it mixes easily and tastes AMAZING (plus no aftertaste). And if all this is not enough, at a major wholesale store, I found a six pound bag of Chocolate flavor for $30.
on September 21, 2015
I am a cancer / lupus survivor & age 71 - if I didn't have this protein powder to add to a shake a day I would be a bit on the weak side.
It is expensive but , hey , I'm worth it.
I like the vanilla as I always add blueberries, or strawberries, kale, and sugar free pudding mix - sometimes add Atkins Shake mix ...
on February 28, 2016
I bought the vanilla flavor and it tastes pretty good with milk. With water, it is still potable, but I definitely don't enjoy it.

Pros:
+ Cheap
+ Tastes good
+ Easy calories if you don't feel like cooking

Cons:
- You can tell there is a lot of artificial sweetener. Not sure how healthy that is.
on March 25, 2016
We have been using this for several years. Was buying it as Costco, but they do not carry it anymore. Glad to find it on Amazon. This 5 pound value is great. We use it in smoothies all the time I like blueberry/strawberry or blueberry/banana, or mixed berries. Add a couple scoops of protein powder and some water in blender and breakfast is done. Super easy.

Also good with no bake peanut butter cookies. We use peanut butter you grind yourself at the store. Add 1-2 cups peanut butter depending on how many cookies you want to make. Add some honey. Add couple scoops of protein powder with a little water to be able to mix it up. Spoon out and flatten like a cookie then put on a plate and toss in freezer over night. Awesome and easy to do.
on February 11, 2016
I was worried about buying a protein because I can't stand that protein taste but this one does not have that problem! It has a slight chocolate taste not over powering and no lingering taste which is great. Already bought a second one and I'm not even out yet.
on August 21, 2015
Surprisingly enough , this tastes really good , I added mine to filtered water & I'm really pleased with the taste & texture !! Shipping was super fast !! I am one very satisfied customer !!! Thank You Very Much !!!!
on April 15, 2016
This protein powder is great. It actually mixes into your milk (using a magic bullet, I haven't tried with a hand shaker) and has a decent flavor. I use it in smoothies for breakfast and it's one of the best tasting I've tried. It's 3 weight watchers smart points per serving of 2 scoops but helps to keep you full for hours. The only complaint I have is that the lid is very large and awkward to remove so you can scoop out the powder. It has a small hook to hold the scoop in which really isn't necessary so the lid just makes the container take up a ton of extra space. But that's a small price to pay for the quality of the product.
on September 2, 2015
First of all I am huge fan of Optimum nutrition's Gold Standard whey. I have been taking it for the past two or so years. Picked this product up due to the price and wanting to vary my protein selection.

Mixability: This stuff mixes the same as the Gold standard, doesn't clump up like other cheap proteins
Taste: The vanilla is delicious, this definitely tastes better then the gold standard (macros are a little heavier so that's the trade off.) One of the best tasting protein powders I've had beside Muscle Milk (which is all sugar, so stay away from it if you're cutting).

Summary: I've used this to make the DIY Quest bars and it tastes amazing. This product is at an incredible value and helps me keep my macros even while on a budget. Will be buying this over the gold standard from now on, unless the price goes a lot higher.
on April 11, 2016
I've used this protein before and bought it through amazon prime for the first time delivery was no joke arrived literally the next day.
This whey protein is great, it's definitely giving me the boost I need to get the look I want to achieve. This protein is great for bulking up I would suggest taking this 30 mins after working out. What I did to gain muscle mass with this protein was take it twice a day ONLY on days you are working out. And take it once a day on your rest days. Also drink lots of water during the day to wash it down. It's great protein, throw it in the blender with some water.. Mix for about 20seconds and BAM taste like a milkshake. Also this 5lbs protein lasts a good 3-4 months, so you definitely get your money's worth
on May 5, 2015
There are a couple amino acid gaps that keep me from being incidentally vegan....wait, what?

No, really. Okay, most of the stuff I eat comes from plants. It just worked out that way. When it comes to protein, there are two of the 22 'essentials' of which most plants and plant derivatives have little to none. You can see it on some vegan protein supplements - 0mg gaps where these amino acids are listed.

A whey protein has them. This is a good deal on whey protein.

I don't get too crazy about things like artificial sweeteners, although I would prefer a product that used stevia to the acesulfame potassium and sucralose found here. Actually, I'd prefer neither and to add my own sweetener, but plain/unsweetened whey isolate is even more expensive than the sweetened/flavored stuff. Hah.