EASY fix for weak brews when using the My K Cup!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 11, 2010 7:22:39 AM PDT
1. You can slow the brew process by taking a used K cup and cutting off the top lip and wide flange so that it will fit far enough down inside the My K cup holder so that the brass basket will still fit properly. You will be AMAZED at how this simple and free method will increase brew strength.

2. If that doesn't work well enough for you, try grinding the coffee/tea to a finer grind.

I found out by trial and error that doing BOTH made the brew SO STRONG that I won't have to regrind. Just the addition of the k cup underneath the My K cup basket is enough to dramatically increase brewing strength. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best one!

Resist the temptation to place huge amounts of coffee/tea into the My K cup basket, after following the method I just outlined. I can use far less than 1/2 a basket-full of tea to get a strong brew.

ENJOY!

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 7:43:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2012 7:46:42 AM PDT
This is such an old post, but I was perusing this forum, looking for how people might make that my k-cup work, and I tried this.

It really works. Nothing I have tried so has has, and this method made an excellent cup of strong coffee. It is easy to snip off the top of the used k-cup.

I don't know I will give up k-cups, but I often find myself behind with ordering so often that I wish it was simpler and cheaper to have coffee available. I am glad to have an alternative.

Belated thanks to Dave

PS. I also used someone's suggestion to put a rubber washer in the depression of the My K-Cup lid. That is also useful. No coffee grounds ever come through the hole now.

Posted on May 29, 2012 7:48:54 AM PDT
April, glad it works well for you!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jun 11, 2010
Latest post:  May 29, 2012

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System
Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System by Keurig
3.8 out of 5 stars   (1,876)