Customer Discussions > NHL 12 - Xbox 360 forum

EA's NHL "Fighting engine" blows.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 13, 2011 5:51:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2011 5:57:29 PM PDT
Bob A. Booey says:
While I'm a big fan of this NHL franchise over the last few years... the fighting just isn't done justice. This First person view fighting is a typical EA gimmicky lame effort that is no fun whatsoever.

I thought for sure EA Canada would have innovated something waaaaay cooler and authentic by now. The fighting in the game just flat out sucks and is more of an annoyance... when it should be FUN and an exciting moment when players drop the gloves! A total lack of effort EA Canada. Use part of the Fight Night engine already!

And now as a typical WORTHLESS addition by EA for NHL 12 we get to see some dopey animation of the goalies skating out to center ice... and then watching the game switch to the same boring lame fighting engine. Zzzzzz zzzzzz. This is taking a page out of the Madden playbook. Don't fix or innovate anything EA... just hype some lame addition that's nothing really new. If EA Canada were still interested in taking this game up a notch... they'd have scrapped this lame fight engine and made something spectacular by now. The game overall is great... but the fighting in the game smells of ass big time.

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 6:12:40 PM PDT
Mike O. says:
Fighting is one of the least important parts of the game in my opinion.

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 5:00:01 PM PDT
Bob A. Booey says:
It's actually 100% lacking in importance the way it's done in this game. It used to be a lot of fun in older versions. Now it flat out sucks. And I only like fights in the context of the game. Just having them break out every minute is lame or having a button to start a fight is lame. My point is EA Canada half assed the fighting engine and just mailed it in with no effort. For a quality game in mostly every other area... the fighting in the EA NHL game is embarrassing really.

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 10:00:55 AM PDT
Remo says:
There hasn't been a quality fighting engine in a game since Blades of Steele. Loved how you just repeatedly ran into an opposing player to start a fight too.

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 2:00:26 PM PDT
Ice Hockey on Nintendo still had the best fights !!!! :P

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 7:04:38 PM PDT
Bob A. Booey says:
You guys are right... the REALLY old hockey game fights were waaaaay more fun than the recent games fights! I think the last one that was actually any good was in NHL 94 or something.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2011 12:39:07 AM PDT
NHL 94 didn't have any fighting, you are thinking of NHL 93.

Posted on Jul 26, 2011 1:42:26 PM PDT
Bobby G says:
Yeah NHL 93 had fighting and even blood... if a player blocked a shot with his head he'd fall over and blood would pour onto the ice. Also when you lost a fight you'd bleed. It was pretty gruesome sounding... but then it was 1993... players were like only 12 pixels.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  NHL 12 - Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jun 13, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 26, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
NHL 12 - Xbox 360
NHL 12 - Xbox 360 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (129)