5.0 out of 5 stars Ecco is great
I just got these for walking during the summer in addition to my Puma sneakers and I walked 4 miles on the same day i got them and this what I think of it after a week of daily walking:

Out of the box reaction: stylish, rugged, excellent build design and great materials.

Published 10 months ago by Tim

the treads squeak on tiled flooring so if you work at a hospital or some other tiled establishment that you would want to wear these be careful and also they heat up your feet verity quickly due to the lack of ventilation i had to return but otherwise very comfortable maybe its just me
Published 5 months ago by lovethesong

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecco is great, March 26, 2014

Fit: I usually wear 10.5 (or 44 euro size) for most formal and casual shoes, but these came a lithe bit more than .5 size bigger than my usual fit but it's not that big of a deal because you feel comfortable wearing them and not that loose with minimal to medium thickness (athletic) socks. (4.5/5)

The front area is wide and roomy for those of you (and me included) who had bad experience with narrow shoes, but it's not too wide to wobble when you walk but instead it gives balance to your feet. (4.5/5)

Arch is solid with a good landing when you land on your heels and there is a sound and knock on the concrete that tells you what the shoe is made of. (5/5)

Insole is medium soft but not as soft as a sneaker, still perfect for a shoe like this. (5/5)

The inside is soft considering the minimal cushioning in it, soft enough to make you feel comfortable even when wearing it without socks. (4.5/5)

Upper leather is top quality and darker than what you would expect from the images and the same goes for the red sole (5/5).
The holes and laces on this shoes could be better than they are but very good.

The look is great and that rubber styling wrapping the back of your heels stands out more than you would think, it's a low shoe with a wide front so how it would look with shorts? surprisingly great.

The price is steep but deserves every penny and I don't think there is another shoe that can match the ecco grip 1.1 in any area.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe, October 31, 2013
M. Bender (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
Bought this for walking 4-6 miles per day in varied settings. So far, comfortable, good traction and kept my foot dry when I dunked it in a creek. The sizing seems about a half size bigger than expected, but it's not enough to send it back and try the smaller size. I'm kinda liking the extra toe box for now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, March 25, 2013
I bought my ECCO BIOM for a two week family trip to Paris. We literally walked every where in the city plus trips to Munich, Germany and Zurich, Switzerland. These shoes were a life saver, comfortable, conforming, perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecco Travel Comfort- One Size Smaller is Perfect, August 15, 2014
Anticipated correct sizing 44= 10- 101/2 for this Ecco model as instructed. In reality size 44 was a full size too large even though I wear size 10- 101/2 street shoes. For future Ecco customers considering this model go one full size smaller than street shoes!

Amazon made it easy to make a quick return for size 43. Easy exchange thanks to Amazon policy and online procedure. Received them a day earlier than the anticipated shipping date, via UPS.

Size 43 was perfect! Comfortable, with a little wider toe box necessary for my wider forefoot. Excellent foot wear for the active traveler, my intended use!

5.0 out of 5 stars Europe trecking, October 6, 2013
I put 220 miles on these shoes in 3 weeks while walking around Europe. No hot spots. No blisters. Feet never hurt. Great shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for me, September 5, 2014
I am flat footed and it is very hard to find shoes that fit. I do not like ordering on like but took a chance with these and I am glad I did. I have been wearing them for two days and my feet do not hurt. I also had a back injury that left me with partial numbness on the side of my left foot and numb toes on both. I have to walk a lot to help my back and I really glad I took a chance on these shoes. I just order the same pair in black.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Shoe Ever, March 31, 2014
I have plantar fasciatis and am crippled without great shoes. with these shows I HAPPILY am on my feet all day at work, then can hike for hours or dance. I use these for everything from Zumba to hiking and am so grateful. I am a 64 year old woman with wide feet so I wear men's shoes. This shoe has given me my life back!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars ... of ventilation i had to return but otherwise very comfortable maybe its just, August 20, 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars they are shaped like a fat butter knife instead of somewhat symmetric, January 20, 2015
Alex C "Alex" (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I have had 1 other pair of Ecco's. I was looking for something similar. Since I do not know the model name of the other, I will write this review independently, but I attached a photo for comparison.

The BIOM Grip Urbaneering model has a number of issues, and I will be returning the shoe because of them. First, the red is not a bright red as you may think from the photos. Second, they are shaped like a fat butter knife instead of somewhat symmetric, which is not very apparent from Amazon's photos. One may like this, as it conforms to the shape of a foot slightly better, but it looks very strange. My old Ecco's were like this but for some reason it is more pronounced in the toe on these. Third, the arch support is more of a ball in the middle than a bar, whereas most shoes have a bar shape. This is the biggest issue for me. Finally, they run quite big. To find my fit, I would have to go to a number size I haven't had since I was 11 years old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Shoes!, January 23, 2015
Love this shoe! This is my second pair of Ecco shoes and both pairs have been absolutely amazing. I normally wear size 10.5 or 11 but I buy Ecco in the 10 - 10.5 size and it fits perfectly. These particular shoes are a little tight getting them on (not tight as in too small, but snug like you need a shoe horn to get them on). When they are on your feet they fit like a foot glove and are pretty light and offer great support. I wear them all day and they are super comfortable and my feet never hurt. They look great with a pair of jeans and they work if you are 15 or 50. My favorite shoe!