5.0 out of 5 stars great shoot
The shoe has a comfortable fit and a stylish design. I had to buy a full American shoe size under what I usually wear however.
Published 16 months ago by penname

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware!
These shoes feel one size too big. It might be for looks, as the shoes are somewhat pointy. I wish I would have gotten one size smaller. Nice looking shoe.
Published 7 months ago by Cristobal Yubeta

5.0 out of 5 stars great shoot, May 4, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and durable, yet stylish, December 13, 2013
pr (Ohio, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ECCO Men's Biarritz Boot (Apparel)
These are well made and durable, yet they have a good style. Not just a clunky pair of boots. About the size: I wear a 9.5/10 and the 43 fits exactly right. The "warm gray" color in the photo is accurate. Recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boot so far but beware sizing, February 17, 2014
Amazon Customer (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ECCO Men's Biarritz Boot (Apparel)
I bought a pair of these in grey from another site. So far they're comfortable and I love the look of them--a great autumn boot, or winter if not too wet.

A few caveats:
1. The sizing they list for this particular boot is not, in my experience, correct. I'm a size 8.5 and I know from experience that I tend to wear a size 40 or 41 in Eccos (I've been wearing different Eccos for over 10 years now). The suggested size in these, for a US 8/8.5 is 42, which is NOT correct. The 40 (listed as US 6/6.5) fits me perfectly.

Perhaps it's because this particular boot is a longer style (the toe is longer than a normal shoe) but if I had bought a 42 as recommended here it would be *much* too long.

Consider adding +2 sizes to whatever American size is shown for these particular boots; 40 is shown for 6/6.5, but fits more like 8/8.5. 41 is for 7/7.5 but may actually fit a 9/9.5, etc.

Also considering ordering one pair in the suggested size and another in the "corrected" size, and make sure you buy them from someplace that will exchange them for free if they don't fit properly. See the reviews on ecco's site for the barritz boot to read about other people's issue with the suggested sizes.

2. Waterproof them. I used a mink oil spray on mine as I had some left over from another pair of suede shoes, and it seems to have worked fine. Other water proofing sprays may work as well, but definitely do not add polish to these (or any other suede shoe). I'd avoid wearing them in pouring rain or snow, perhaps. Smooth leather may be your best bet there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, January 4, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars beatifull shoes, May 20, 2014
This review is from: ECCO Men's Biarritz Boot (Apparel)
I liked these shoes a lot, and up close they look even better, the only problem was they were 1 size too big, I can never get the size right with these European shoes. I had to return them, they stopped making them I guess, cause I could not find them any longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, April 21, 2014
This review is from: ECCO Men's Biarritz Boot (Apparel)
This shoe is extremely comfortable and I love how they are aging. They look like a very classic shoe with character.

5.0 out of 5 stars They are right!, February 11, 2014
This review is from: ECCO Men's Biarritz Boot (Apparel)
OK, I've had Ecco shoes in the past and loved them. I actually have an older pair that may be the most comfortable dress shoes I have ever owned but, alas, they are way out of style.

The reviews are valid with regard to size. I normally wear sz 10-10.5. Rarely have I purchased any shoes outside of that range since high school. I ordered both 44 (US 10-10.5) and 43 (US 9-9.5). The sz 43 fit perfectly. After maybe 15 min of walking around my office, they were awesome. The sz 44 were both too long and too wide. I think I could have worn them but, the 43 just felt more like the right size.

Also, the reviewers who say these are comfortable and stylish are right again. They look great with a pair of jeans. At least that's what my gal tells me. The color is great. Online pics are tough because of lighting, etc. Also, there is certainly going to be variation pair to pair. To try and help, both pairs I received were essentially the same and I would call them a med-light brown. They are not as light as some pics I've seen but, I didn't want your typical "brown" boot and, they are not. The color is really cool in my opinion. Also, they include an orangish color laces along with brown to add some style. I left the orangish laces in.

I had recently purchased a pair of Ecco nubuck black wingtips. I tried them on in a store at a mall. They only pair in my size were the display so, I had them order me a new pair in sz 44. They arrived and I love them but, wish I would have bought sz 43. Nobody at the store mentioned how they run big. I thought the display pair had just been pressed onto lots of oversized feet or something.

I strongly recommend any Ecco shoe for which you like the style. The quality and comfort are there and hard to beat in any other brand. Do yourself a favor and order a min of 1/2 to 1 full size smaller than you normally wear. Then, they will fit perfectly and you will love them.

Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecco Shoes Reign, December 6, 2012
This review is from: ECCO Men's Biarritz Boot (Apparel)
I have gotten tothe point that I only buy Ecco shoes. They fit, look stylish, and they are comfortable. These shoes are exemplary of the brand. Did I say that I also got them on sale? Amazon had the best price for my size, EU 47.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a great looking boot!, August 29, 2013
H. Spraggins (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ECCO Men's Biarritz Boot (Apparel)
The fit and look for these boots is all over the charts: I bought a black pair (returned) that was just right in size but I did not like the look; however, the Espresso was a little large (same size: 45) but the look was awesome. I get a lot of compliments when I wear the Espresso boots. The black ones just fade into the pants and do not have any of the distinction and quality look at the Espresso pair.

Still, even with the variability in size and look, I do recommend the Espressos.

ECCO Men's Biarritz Boot