5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite pair of dress shoes by far
Published on April 4, 2012 by W. Rieckenberg

2.0 out of 5 stars Ecco Biarritz 47
Nice shoe but very, very large. I didn't try the 46 but I own size 47 in three other Ecco models (Austin, Seattle, and Traverso) and this 47 was much, much larger. I gave up because I could see that the plain rather pointed toe would look big on me anyway. I think the shoe would do best for a very big guy or for very small feet. And order down by all means.
Published 19 months ago by William Hobbs

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite pair of dress shoes by far, April 4, 2012
I was hoping I could try these on at my local dept store (the one with the big thanksgiving day parade in NYC) but I couldn't find them anywhere. I'm glad I ordered them, not having any lines on the front, and the better leather insides vs the Boston, make this a superior shoe, which is why it isn't cheap, but totally worth it if you're on your feet a lot. It's the first pair of Ecco's I've owned, and it won't be the last, love them. I have it in black, but also want to get the brown, even though it's the same style. Be aware the sizes run big, I luckily googled around to find that out before ordering. I wear a 9.5 or 10 in a normal tennis shoe, but the 8-8.5 in this Ecco is the perfect fit, with plenty of toe room, so order at least a full size smaller than you normally would wear, of course if it's from Amazon, no worries about exchanging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, December 3, 2012
I have several pairs of Ecco dress shoes and find them awesome. I have had these for three weeks. I am on a plane returning from a trip to NYC where I walked at least 5 miles per day for 5 days and found these to be my most comfortable pair yet! I normally wear a size 10-10.5 and ordered these in a size 43.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dressy and comfortable, September 6, 2012
Excellent value and great comfort. Some have complained that Ecco shoes run large -- which they do. However, once you know your "Ecco size" all shoes will fit the same. I am a 9.5 to 10 D in most shoes but take a 43 in all Ecco shoes which, by the way, are plenty wide.ECCO Men's Biarritz Slip-On Dress Shoe

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Dress Shoe, February 8, 2013
Skipper (Sparta, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
Eccos are made for comfort. They also seem to run large. I wear size 9D-US and buy Eccos in 42-EU which fit fine. These shoes are simple and look good with a suit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price and Fit Fine, November 28, 2012
The same shoe is on both the Ecco and Zappo websites for $190. It was less than $120 from Amazon.com.

Wearing Ecco dress shoes exclusively for about 5 years and found this pair more comfortable out of the box than any other previous pair I've owned (buy a new pair about every 6 – 8 months). I wear size 44 and agree that this model (also bought a size 44) has a little bit 'longer' fit than the bicycle toe style shoes I’m used to, but it is wider as well and that is good for me.

Happy with the purchase and recommend as a very good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely shoe, October 26, 2012
Outstanding. Fits perfectly. Slightly larger fit than the Helsinki. I size a 12E, and the 46 is perfect. And this is a very attractive shoe. The browns I bought are lovely. I'll probably wear them in a bit, then apply a coat of clear polish now and again.

I did NOT size down, though many suggest you do for Eccos. I, personally, don't find that Eccos run large, and if I had sized down the shoes would have been too small.

Hope that helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Shoe, November 6, 2012
I received the ECCO Biarritz today, and the initial quality is better than expected. This is a good looking shoe with nice leather and solid construction. Regarding fit, I normally wear an 11.5D. I purchased the Biarritz in a 45 EU. The length is about right, but the width seems just slightly narrow. I tend to buy high quality shoes with Allen Edmonds representing the majority of my purchases. I'm not sure the ECCOs will be of the same quality in the long run, but they're giving a great first impression.

Update: March 2013 - After wearing these shoes almost daily for four months, I absolutely love them. The comfort is exceptional, and they show little to no wear. I'll be buying more ECCOs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Runs slightly large., March 30, 2014
Because I have purchased Ecco before, I knew to buy a half size smaller. U.S. 10. Ecco 43.
No issues. Well made, good looking and comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but finicky., October 25, 2013
The fit is a little loose, but with insoles it was improved. The shoes are very nice but the design of the toe is more fragile than other Eccos that I own. My dog stepped on my shoe the other day and it left a dent. I have tried to get it out with little success. These shoes may not last as long as other styles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecco Men's Shoes, October 2, 2013
cedarterra (Gresham, OR USA) - See all my reviews
My husband purchased these shoes to wear to work. What he enjoys about wearing Ecco shoes is their quality and comfort and that they stay looking nice for a very long time. He hadn't worn this type of shoe before and says they might be a tad too long, but he was hesitant to go to the next size smaller.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›