Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

on July 24, 2014
Bought one pair and the heel seam was defective and caused a blister on my first day of wearing. Returned for a replacement because I did like the fit, just not the defect. Replacement shoes arrived and I am wearing them the look and feel. Would recommend
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 1, 2015
These are a really sophisticated pair of ECCO oxfords/dress shoes. I have a pair of Helsinkis that I bought from the Walking Company, and they don't carry any of the dressier shoes, so I had to order the Edinburgh online in EUR 45 hoping it would be the same fit. The Edinburgh come with insoles that are glued to the shoe, but can be pulled off if necessary - but if you use a cushier insole, your toes may rub the leather because the tips are fairly thin/compact. The toe box is also a bit narrow, but not uncomfortable. The tips are boxed/flat, but after asking a few ladies at work about their thoughts/opinions, they said it looks like a very dressy shoe that can be used with a good suit or with jeans and definitely not faddish like the flat tipped shoes from the late 1990s.

The insoles are a bit uncomfortable: They are fairly thin, with embossed text on the heel that I can feel all the time. The insoles and the sole of the shoe are a bit hard but not entirely rock solid. I'd prefer a better design with a cushier insole like that of an athletic shoe. That said, I've worn these for over a week at work about 8+ hours a day, and wouldn't mind wearing them for longer shifts while walking/standing.

The shoe laces that come with the Edinburgh are like any other ECCO shoelace: very long and more like a sneaker design than thinner waxed laces used for oxfords. The solution was simple: purchase the Kiwi 27" dress shoe laces from the local store. The ECCO shoes come with a European bar lacing which I've never seen before, but after some use and practice, I find the bar lacing to be superior to the criss-cross lacing on dress shoes because it looks sharper/cleaner and doesn't dig into the upper leather very much. With the European bar lacing and 27" Kiwi laces, it is the perfect setup and very clean/dressy.

ECCO's special direct injected polyurethane soles where my primary driver for purchasing ECCO. A co-worker did a research project on Ecco for her final assignment in the MBA program and raved about how long-lasting the soles are. Doing some independent research, I found a few complaints about hydrolysis from the Ecco soles but only from people that rarely wore their Ecco shoes. I plan to wear these on a daily basis for work, and my experience has been that I will burn through heels/soles within 1-2 years no matter if they are cheap Cherokee shoes from Target or expensive shoes from clothing stores. I don't like leather soles or stiff soles because I need to be able to feel the pedals while driving a manual transmission car. My old ECCO Helsinki's are 3.5 years old and I wore them pretty much everyday for work, and I walked a LOT. The soles are worn in the areas that are typically worn, but it has a LOT of life left with no signs of wearing holes through the soles. Based on my guesstimation, they should be good for about 5-6 years of daily use.

The new ECCO Edinburgh is lined on the inside with a 3D mesh similar to what backpack manufacturers use for the part that touches your back for improved ventilation. However, this newer material is thinner than the older ECCO shoes. Alpinestars uses this 3D mesh for the inside of their leather motorcycle racing suits and claims it is an anti-bacterial design that promotes ventilation. I find that the same holds true for the ECCO Edinburgh as my feet never felt overly sweaty in the heat and I didn't feel the typical "vacuum" feel when wearing unlined leather shoes. The soles are described as a comfort fiber system, but they seem to ventilate my feet.

The leather is of a decent quality, and takes a good enough shine using bees wax or Lexol conditioner. Ecco is supposed to be vertically integrated, so they manufacture and process all of their materials and products, so even if it is made in China or Europe, they should all be made by Ecco. The soles are noticeably thicker than your standard rubber soles, but the Edinburgh soles under the front of the foot seem smaller than the less expensive ECCO shoes.

Overall: 5/5 stars, fits as expected but a bit narrow in the toebox. Also, there is going to be a bit of room in the tip due to the design of the shoe. The leather and sole are very flexible (but the sole is a stiff material in terms of compression, if that makes sense...) and almost feels like walking barefoot. Very dressy and sharp, perfect for a good suit or with jeans.
on August 19, 2014
I like the shoes. It is as comfortable as causal shoes but looks very nice.
on October 3, 2014
I had been wearing Johnston & Murphy shoes for 20 years. My most recent pair (J&M) kept self destructing. J&M fixed them once and then told me forget it (defect in design, not my wearing habits)I needed a nice dress shoe that I could get into quickly. This shoe was a perfect fit out of the box. It's sole squeaks a little on hard floors, but other than that no complaints. I do suggest avoiding the J&M brand. They are not what they used to be.
on October 19, 2014
I am a loyal Ecco customer for years now. my job requires me to be on my feet all day on (hard flooring not carpet) and these shoes will hold up in a 12 hrs on the go day with no fatigue. You can't say that about very many brand but this one I am confidant you will too. very nice looking dress shoe!
on May 7, 2015
These Particular
ECCO Men's Edinburgh Plain Toe were too long for both my son and so two pair of shoes returned.
I have been wearing ECCO shoes for over 25 years and love them, but sometimes certain shoe designs
do not fit just like any shoe maker.
on May 19, 2015
I've been a loyal Florsheim customer for years. The quality just isn't there anymore so I went shopping. I found these and oh boy am I glad I decided to suck it up and spend the good money on these shoes. They are by far these worth every penny!!!
on December 19, 2014
Ecco has done it again. Would've preferred a thicker sole to last longer but can't have it all right? Recommend putting on a tap on the back. Wish these shoes were less expensive! Very polished look.
on July 14, 2015
I had foot pain for a while. Went to a pediatrist and he told me "stop wearing cheap s***ty dress shoes", and recommended Ekko's. I bought these bad boys, and now no more foot pain...
on January 27, 2015
I have had several pairs before so I knew the correct size. They are comfortable, wear well and there is no break-in period required. The package came on the day promised.