5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good! Wears Great!
Published on June 22, 2012 by J. Gerbino

I was looking to buy a new pair of this shoe to replace my existing ones. I've had two prior pairs of this exact shoe over the past 6 years. Favorite shoe for sure. I seem to wear them out ever 2 years or so, but that's all good and all in all they've been an almost perfect shoe.

This 3rd pair I ordered off of Amazon versus buying at Nordstrom where I've...
Published on December 6, 2012 by Gary Teichrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good! Wears Great!, June 22, 2012
While it's hard to look at any shoe and get a feel for what they look like on your feet. I bought a pair of these very same shoes at a store in Indianapolis and I'm not sure if I would have bought them online. For one they felt great and having had them for a year and half (and I have well over a dozen pair of casual and 4/5 dress shoes) I can say I wear this pair far far more than any others. They are comfortable and fit very well and have taken their share of abuse. I can wear them casual or in more formal settings also. I could not recommend them more highly!

JG in Florida

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected nor what I was used to in a previous pair, December 6, 2012
Gary Teichrow (Newport Beach, CA United States) - See all my reviews

This 3rd pair I ordered off of Amazon versus buying at Nordstrom where I've purchased the two prior pairs. Purely for convenience (love Nordy's for sure) as the price seemed about the same.

Opened the box and something seemed odd about the leather. It wasn't what I was used two on the two prior pairs, so something must have changed. I put them side by side and structurally they seemed very very close. However, leather wise, there was something different.

Whatever happened to the leather, it no longer was the shoe I liked before. Purely subjective for sure. The photo showing right now on this page as I type looks just like the shoe I love. The leather starts a bit stiff and then works in like a nice glove. The new leather seems 'mushy' and almost like it was just a thin covering over some other material.

All in all, I'm bummed. Just another one of those situations where, if you Really like something, buy 2, haha. Or 3. I am going to try Nordstrom's again just to see... see if there was something different going on here between major purchasers. Like maybe I got the slightly off version. Who knows, but it's worth a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are amazing shoes, July 11, 2012
Don Jr (Rochester, NY USA) - See all my reviews
First of all, I bought these at a local shop. Now then, I'm not even sure why I tried these on. I didn't think they looked that great until about one second after I put them on. I was floored. I've never liked how I look in any shoe. This one's different and I'm not sure why. I normally like black shoes but this brown is dark enough that it works for me. I really love the looks of these shoes. I keep looking at the picture and I still can't believe I like them. For me, they really have to be on my feet for me to like them. The picture looks like a clunky heavy shoe. Not so.

About comfort. These are in fact NOT a clunky heavy shoe. They are very light weight. I've been wearing Merrell's for years now and I've spent some good money on them and I love them. These ecco's are a leap forward in comfort and they are lighter in weight. These are in fact so comfortable that I can honestly say they are the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn. For my foot, they required no break in period. On the first day it was full blown total comfort.

I gave these a good look over for quality control purposes and they are indeed beautiful and very well made shoes. Every stitch is perfect, the stain is perfect and they match up perfectly against each other. Mine are made in Portugal and NOT CHINA.........whooo hoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do find these run one size big for me, so if you normally wear a Euro 44. you might try a 43.

I'm not a rich man. I'm 45 years old, have a decent job, and I work hard so I can buy important things like comfortable well made shoes. I honestly believe these are the best shoes I've ever purchased, regardless of price. I've spent a little more on shoes but I've never been rewarded with this amount of comfort. I can't speak for durability, but nothing about these gives me any indication that they wouldn't last a very long time. The inserts are also leather on these bad boys. They should last a long time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Feel great at first but wear out fast and not good for walking (other Ecco producsts are superior), April 28, 2013
I've owned these shoes for about 2 years but only started wearing them daily about 9 months ago. Since then the heel has worn extremely fast so I estimate these shoes are good for maybe 1 year of daily use which is terrible for a shoe that costs over $100!!

When I purchased this pair I also purchased a pair of the 50334 Seattle by Ecco. The comfort comparison after owning both shoes for 1year+ is the same as when brand new. When you first put on the shoes the Fusion feels far more comfortable than the Seattle and if you are going to just sit in a chair with them on the stay that way. However, the Seattle if FAR FAR more comfortable if you need to walk anywhere. I usually walk 1-2 miles to break up my work day and I find it funny that the Seattle which is the more professional and less casual and less comfortable when just sitting shoe ends up being much more comfortable when walking due to superior insole/foot bed material. Also, after 1.25 years of daily use of the Seattle the heel looks only mildly warn while the Fusion heel has warn through after only 9 months of daily use.

To me the Fusion is just not worth the price. Don't be fooled by the initial comfort when you try them on. They aren't comfortable to walk long distances in and they don't last!

FYI - the insole/ foot bed of the Fusion states "ARCH SUPPORT LIGHT PU CUSHIONING MATERIAL SHOCK POINT ANTIFUNGAL STABLE BALANCE AUTHENTIC COMFORT"

The insole/ foot bed of the Seattle states: "COMFORT SYSTEM FOAM BREATHABLE MOISTURE ABSORBENT ANTI BACTERIAL ARCH SUPPORT" as well as Genuine Leather.

I believe the Seattle is so much better for walking because the insole actually breathes where as the Fusion becomes uncomfortable if I get even a slight foot sweat during the walk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not As Good As Older ECCOs, August 25, 2012
RS "RS" (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
Nice shoe, light weight, stylish, etc.... However, leather and overall build quality doesn't seem to be as good as older Ecco models. The shoe does squeak on harder floors as one other reviewer notes. It's not a deal killer, but is rather annoying and has persisted several months. Just can't sneak-up on anyone when playing office pranks when wearing these.

What I like is the toe box is wide. I suggest buying a half size down from older Ecco models due to the wide toe box.

I'd purchase these again, but am beginning to question Ecco quality standards using Chinese factories over the European factories of the past. Deduction of one star for using cheaper Chinese materials that just don't seem to be the same quality of the past.

2.0 out of 5 stars My feet said YES! Then NO!, February 24, 2011
P. Goldberg (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
At first I was a little worried about an initial stiffness of the soles. But two weeks of breaking the shoes in and my feet say YES! YES! YES!
REVISION! After about a six month period these shoes started feeling like I was walking on cement. The soles are some kind of mold on plastic and they really suck. Now after a year the soles are completely breaking down. The uppers are perfect but because these shoes cannot be resoled they are now toast. I used to buy Clarks, made in England that lasted me years each pair. It seems that all the brands that used to be proud of their product have now sold out! Now selling China made knock offs, labeled as the originals, for very high prices to boot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoe ever, February 26, 2014
These are comfortable and high quality. this is the 4th pair from this same manufacture I have owned. A must have for confort.

2.0 out of 5 stars Totally confused about the sizing, February 19, 2013
M. Ehrler (Central America) - See all my reviews
I ordered these for my dad, he wears 7W in US men sizing... according to the description a 41EU should be the equivalent to a 7-7.5US, yet these shoes were like an inch larger! they were a perfect fit to my husband, who wears 8.5US... I want to order them again, but Im really confused on the sizing...where can I confirm the correct size to order? The information on the sizing guide cant be correct, or I was sent a deffectiive pair...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shoes, June 21, 2012
My last pair lasted four years of use 8 hours a day five days a week. They are still wearable, the surround has come unglued so that when you flex the shoe you can see this flaw. The leather holds up very well. I work in body shops so scratching and scuffing is a constant occurrence. I use doc Martin oil and this keeps the leather soft and covers up the damage. The shoes are made to last for years. My only complaint is the surround that connects the leather to the rubber around the bottom. If this had not come loose these shoes would have lasted a few more years.

The soles on these shoes are great. The remind me of bouncey ball material, they actually provide some rebound. Another great thing about this material is that despite my poor stride (with sketchers for example I wear the inside bear) the tread never shows any sign of wear. You can barely tell the difference on the tread between the four year old and the new pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eccos are the top dog, April 28, 2014
These shoes fit my feet perfect, the look great for work or casual wear. And they are beyond comfortable. I have Psoratic Arthritis and its hard for me to walk sometimes. I have tried countless other brands but i always come back to ecco brand. They may be a bit pricey but the will out last a comparable shoe by years. Great, great shoe.